PrePaidGSM.net Forum
Telestial
PrePaidGSM Home National Operators International Cards Contacts Links



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old
  (#1)
Bossman (Offline)
Senior Member
Prepaid Guru
 
Posts: 1,227
Join Date: 22 Apr 2005
Location: Chicago

Country:
Default Maxroam credit expiration - 15-10-2011, 05:34

I realized that my maxroam balance is showing $0.00. So, I contacted them, and was informed that the credit expires 365 days after initial purchase. Regardless of usage. Because I still used it in April when I was in Nigeria, before the rates became insane. Anyway, that's the end of my maxroam sim. Their rates were insanely high where I am most likely to use them anyway. This is just FYI in case there are others in a similar situation. I guess a topup is required every year regardless of usage.


Phones: ASUS zenfone 3, Nexus 4, Lumia 650 dual sim
Sim cards: AT&T (Contract), 3 UK, Piranha Mobile
   
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#2)
123456 (Offline)
Senior Member
Prepaid Fan
 
Posts: 131
Join Date: 14 Feb 2005

Country:
Default 15-10-2011, 20:52

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bossman View Post
I guess a topup is required every year regardless of usage.
From my own experience: initial airtime on a Maxroam SIM will expire after 180 days. Credit from a topup will expire 365 days after purchase.
   
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#3)
frenchfry (Offline)
Junior Member
Amateur Member
 
Posts: 27
Join Date: 12 Mar 2009

Country:
Default 20-10-2011, 19:52

Quote:
Originally Posted by 123456 View Post
From my own experience: initial airtime on a Maxroam SIM will expire after 180 days. Credit from a topup will expire 365 days after purchase.
After reading this thread I decided to check my account and it is at zero. I added topup credit in March. The FAQ page does not talk about the 6 month stuff, only the 365 days. I sent a email to see what was up.
   
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#4)
frenchfry (Offline)
Junior Member
Amateur Member
 
Posts: 27
Join Date: 12 Mar 2009

Country:
Default 21-10-2011, 16:26

Quote:
Originally Posted by frenchfry View Post
After reading this thread I decided to check my account and it is at zero. I added topup credit in March. The FAQ page does not talk about the 6 month stuff, only the 365 days. I sent a email to see what was up.
Maxroam but my balance back into my account. They stated that my sim was tied to the old terms of 6 month expiration. It is now tied to the 12 month current terms.
   
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#5)
Bossman (Offline)
Senior Member
Prepaid Guru
 
Posts: 1,227
Join Date: 22 Apr 2005
Location: Chicago

Country:
Default 23-10-2011, 03:49

Good for you. I have closed the maxroam chapter and moved on. Of the places I am most likely to visit - The Caribbean, West Africa, and UK. Maxroam is extremely expensive in all of them except UK. And I have other options for the UK.

Quote:
Originally Posted by frenchfry View Post
Maxroam but my balance back into my account. They stated that my sim was tied to the old terms of 6 month expiration. It is now tied to the 12 month current terms.


Phones: ASUS zenfone 3, Nexus 4, Lumia 650 dual sim
Sim cards: AT&T (Contract), 3 UK, Piranha Mobile
   
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
maxroam

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
vBulletin Skin developed by: vBStyles.com
2002- ad libitum PrePaidGSM.net