Old
  (#2)
dg7feq (Offline)
Prepaid Guru

Default 19-04-2010, 21:52

Quote:
Originally Posted by sugar150 View Post
Hi everyone,

1. Does anyone know if incoming calls to the above sim cards are free?
2. Is it better to just get a vodafone card and roam while in the other countries (I would be able to keep my phone number) or just buy a country specific card (can't keep old number)?
3. Is there a sim card that I could use in all those countries, where I would get free incoming calls, and a flat rate for outgoing and not be charged for roaming?
4. Are there restrictions for getting any of these sim cards like requiring a local address etc. ?
5. Can I order any of these online before I leave so I have it when I land?
6. If it's best to buy a sim card when in Europe does anyone know if I can buy sim cards in CDG airport in Paris?
1. incoming calls are always free in europe as long as you are in the home country of the SIM card.
2. if you are travelling to other countries the roaming prices are capped by law - ~20ct/min for incoming calls and ~50ct/min for outgoing calls (vary slightly due to different VAT)
3. some international roaming cards offer free incoming, see here: PrePaidGSM.net: International GSM Operators
4. usually a passport and/or adress of a hotel is enough
5. the international SIM cards can be ordered online, otherwise have a look at ebay, there are always local cards for sale

Chris

Germany: o2 blue all-in L, simquadrat
Thailand: truemove (phone+sms+wifi)
International: xxSim+372, toggle +44/+49/+41/+31
Phones: Huawei Mate7, Huawei P9