Old
  (#2)
weekilter (Offline)
Official Member

Default 05-06-2011, 16:27

Quote:
Originally Posted by david View Post
Dear all

In July I will have to move to different countries in Europe for some month (France, Italy, UK, Austria and Germany).

As I do not want to buy sim cards in all countires, I am looking for a good solution for me, which sould be:

- no roaming costs for incoming calls
- possibly a landline number on the sim, so that people calling me, do not have to spend lots of money (landline from france or italy, or uk or...)
- no montly fee to pay

Thank you for your reply...

best Regards,

Dave
You do realize that the cost of the call has to be paid by _someone_. Asking for free incoming on an international call plus low cost to the person initiating the call is a tall task to ask. If the receiver of the call doesn't pay for the call the sender does which is why it costs so much more to place calls to mobile numbers in countries that have caller pays (most everywhere except in North America.) Some international SIMs will let you make calls in different countries and in some countries there is no charge for incoming calls. However, those international SIMs are still "caller pays" meaning that a caller to your number even though it's a "special" SIM will be a premium call to a mobile exchange incurring higher tariff on the call.

Current SIMs:

T-Mobile US (prepaid)
T-Mobile NL (prepaid)
Fido CA (prepaid)
Orange IL (prepaid)