View Single Post
Old
  (#12)
petkow (Offline)
Prepaid Pioneer

Default 10-03-2008, 20:47

Quote:
Originally Posted by saren View Post
ok i understand its calculated per day, which is best. i assumed each call was 16p for the first 3 minutes, and any successive minutes were reduced. Then a new call would start at 16p again for the first 3 minutes, and so on. Im glad I was wrong.

I'm curious about this callback feature. Does that mean everytime I want to make a call, I have to answer a call first? This appllies to world sims only, right? Or does Asda do that too? Ive never used SIMS like that before.

I have to decide now whether to use TravelSIM (which is around 20p/min to most European mobiles) + free incoming (and no setup), or desposible SIMS in each country.

Regarding selling SIMS, I checked that sub-forum forum and it's pretty empty. Do people really buy OLD sims?
Callback: This is how most international roaming SIMs work. National SIM's (like Asda) do not do this. When doing a callback call, in most cases, you will not notice anything too different! You dialled number as normal (either from the adress book or direct) and then push send/green/go. Then your screen will probably go blank and then your phone will start ringing a few seconds later. This will then be your outgoing call.

TravelSIM is not the only one. Have you seen the full comparison here?:
http://www.prepaidgsm.net/en/international.html

In case you hadn't noticed you will also find on this site the prices of SIM's in all the countries you want to go to. http://www.prepaidgsm.net/en/operators.html

Regarding your final question. Most people do not normally buy anything unless they see it as having value to them and at a good price. You say some of your SIM's still have $60 of credit on them. At the right price sure someone will buy it off you! However regarding some of your other SIMs (like national European SIM's), these are so cheap these days that it is little point in buying second hand. Also your buyer would have to be certain that the SIM's are still valid and still have the said credit on them!