PrePaidGSM.net Forum (Archived)

PrePaidGSM.net Forum (Archived) (https://prepaid.mondo3.com/forum/index.php)
-   International GSM prepaid cards (https://prepaid.mondo3.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   Got My Yackie Card - And It's Working Fine (https://prepaid.mondo3.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1114)

snidely 06-07-2006 21:43

Thought I would start a new thread - since i'm responsible for the other two on "Yackie"<G>

Had my Yackie card for a couple days, and could make out going calls both on a new phone (direct dialed, almost instant call back) and an old phone where I had to menu dial (no problem, just a few key presses on the phone to get to the menu).
Newer phone - quad band Moto V330 Older phone: SEr520m (tri-band)

Now incoming is fine. Glitch in assigning me a local 510 number. (Originally SIM was assigned a number fm. the original Ohio number pool.)

I haven't used it outside the U.S. It does access both T-Mobile and Cingular here.

Voice quality on outgoing was very good on the couple test calls. Incoming does not seem quite that good - would rate it just "fair". There seems to be a delay-which is minimal.
One point that may create a problem for callers - there seems to be a 10 to 15 second delay before the caller hears a "ringing" tone. Once the caller hears the ringing tone, it takes about 2 rings before the Yackie phone actually starts ringing.

My fear is that callers might hang up after 10 or 15 seconds of dead air.

I will do further testing this evening. VM etc. And, maybe, a few more test calls. You do get an immediate SMS after someone calls and you didn't answer informing you that they didn't leave a message. It gives you the ID of the caller. IOW, the system does pass ID on incoming.

more later.

...mike

bones_boy 07-07-2006 00:52

YES!!! :thumbup: Good news.

BTW, how did you resolve the number assignment problem? Email, phone call? How quickly was it resolved?

Przemolog 07-07-2006 07:24

Have you tried SMS sending/receiving to an Israeli "real" SIM number? And, have tried calling that number directly - is it really blocked for incoming calls?

dg7feq 07-07-2006 08:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by snidely
Voice quality on outgoing was very good on the couple test calls. Incoming does not seem quite that good - would rate it just "fair". There seems to be a delay-which is minimal.
One point that may create a problem for callers - there seems to be a 10 to 15 second delay before the caller hears a "ringing" tone. Once the caller hears the ringing tone, it takes about 2 rings before the Yackie phone actually starts ringing.

My fear is that callers might hang up after 10 or 15 seconds of dead air.

Thats the same here with the "o2 Genion" product. Where you get a virtual landline-number attached to your sim-card. It also takes up to 15 seconds before it rings. So also the "big players" have the same problems like yackie here.

Chris

Stu 07-07-2006 10:44

They should program their server to play something after three or four seconds without a connection like, "Please hold while the mobile customer you have dialed is located."

dg7feq 07-07-2006 11:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stu
They should program their server to play something after three or four seconds without a connection like, "Please hold while the mobile customer you have dialed is located."

The question is if they could put on such a announcement without picking up the call and make the caller pay for the text.... o2 could do as they are they run their own network - but yackie?

Chris

Bossman 07-07-2006 11:34

Voicestick uses a similar feature with their call forwarding.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Stu

dg7feq 07-07-2006 12:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bossman
Voicestick uses a similar feature with their call forwarding.

without charging the caller?

VladS 07-07-2006 12:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stu

They would need their own SS7 infrastructure on the TDM end to do that.

bones_boy 07-07-2006 12:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by dg7feq
The question is if they could put on such a announcement without picking up the call and make the caller pay for the text.... o2 could do as they are they run their own network - but yackie?

I would bet that when you call in to the Yackie number, that you are indeed paying for the call during that 10-15 seconds of dead air.