PrePaidGSM.net Forum
Mobal
PrePaidGSM Home National Operators International Cards Contacts Links



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old
  (#1)
fsotirop (Offline)
Senior Member
Prepaid Expert
 
Posts: 362
Join Date: 28 Jan 2012

Country:
Default Vpoip..betamax stopped access to isle of man mobiles. - 25-02-2012, 17:42

I had been ising a betamax clone (megavoip) to call a Isle of Mn mobile number (+4477000) but suddelny last week betamax barred calling Isle of Man mobile! sorry nothing we can do about it their response!

do you know any other cheap alterantive for this destination?
   
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#2)
prion (Offline)
Senior Member
Prepaid Pioneer
 
Posts: 589
Join Date: 01 May 2006
Location: Greece

Country:
Default 27-02-2012, 08:35

It is an expensive destination. That is why probably betamax barred calls to it.
I have not been able to verify rates to this from many cheap carriers I have tried. The cheapest I have found so far is 14 eurocents/min.

Others do not appear to offer it. Can yoy give me a number to try and check rates?
   
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#3)
fsotirop (Offline)
Senior Member
Prepaid Expert
 
Posts: 362
Join Date: 28 Jan 2012

Country:
Default 27-02-2012, 10:07

betamax allowed access (charged as UK mobile ) until last week.
most providers charge this as a UK mobile destination, that's why they don't have "isle of man" as a destination country.

which is the one with 14c you have found?
number is +447700056879 (network provider: Cloud9 Communications Limited)

Last edited by fsotirop; 27-02-2012 at 10:14..
   
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#4)
prion (Offline)
Senior Member
Prepaid Pioneer
 
Posts: 589
Join Date: 01 May 2006
Location: Greece

Country:
Default 27-02-2012, 10:21

Quote:
Originally Posted by fsotirop View Post
betamax allowed access (charged as UK mobile ) until last week.
most providers charge this as a UK mobile destination, that's why they don't have "isle of man" as a destination country.

which is the one with 14c you have found?
number is +447700056879 (network provider: Cloud9 Communications Limited)
Betamax charges a flat rate for calls to UK mobiles without differentiating between prefixes. However some of these (like cloud9) have higher termination fees. Once a limit of calls is reached for these prefixes the provider (e.g. betamax) choses whether to allow calls or charge higher rates. They have chosen the first option. Block calls.


The carrier I have found is

Cheap International Calls | Localphone

It is a stable provider with good qaulity. Charges per minute. Has local access numbers in Greece also
   
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#5)
fsotirop (Offline)
Senior Member
Prepaid Expert
 
Posts: 362
Join Date: 28 Jan 2012

Country:
Default 27-02-2012, 10:51

thanks, checking on them.
actually the cost is 16.6 eur.cents/min icluding vat.

betamax after just making 1call to this number (for 2 minutes) afterwards blocked automatically the access to this number ... no limit of calls happened to my case, they just barred this series of numbers almost instantly.

Last edited by fsotirop; 27-02-2012 at 11:01..
   
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#6)
andy (Offline)
Moderator
Prepaid Prophet
 
Posts: 2,119
Join Date: 10 Dec 2004

Country:
Default 27-02-2012, 17:26

Quote:
Originally Posted by prion View Post
Betamax charges a flat rate for calls to UK mobiles without differentiating between prefixes. However some of these (like cloud9) have higher termination fees. Once a limit of calls is reached for these prefixes the provider (e.g. betamax) choses whether to allow calls or charge higher rates. They have chosen the first option. Block calls.
I'm not so sure about that. From the national landline operator BT the rates for Cloud9 numbers are the same as for 3 or O2, which are the same anyway.

Some other prefixes are more expensive, but I don't know yet whether these have any similar action by Dellmont or Finarea brands
   
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#7)
prion (Offline)
Senior Member
Prepaid Pioneer
 
Posts: 589
Join Date: 01 May 2006
Location: Greece

Country:
Default 27-02-2012, 18:04

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy View Post
I'm not so sure about that. From the national landline operator BT the rates for Cloud9 numbers are the same as for 3 or O2, which are the same anyway.

Some other prefixes are more expensive, but I don't know yet whether these have any similar action by Dellmont or Finarea brands
The few voip carriers that I have checked seem to charge higher rates for calls to this prefix (+447700) as compared to o2 or the other major cell operators. Even localphone which is a UK carrier charges more

So I assumed that they would indeed had higher termination rates.
   
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#8)
fsotirop (Offline)
Senior Member
Prepaid Expert
 
Posts: 362
Join Date: 28 Jan 2012

Country:
Default 27-02-2012, 19:32

the only sure thing is that Dellmont/betamax barred me the access to these numbers after my 1st call...

Last edited by fsotirop; 27-02-2012 at 19:46..
   
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#9)
ronwi (Offline)
Senior Member
Prepaid Fan
 
Posts: 136
Join Date: 01 Oct 2006

Country:
Default 05-03-2012, 20:21

I have a IOM number beginning +447924....

Using the Mobilevoip app a few weeks ago, I had intermittent problems with calls to my IOM phone.

Reading this today, I tried making a few calls directly through Voipgain to my IOM number and it went through fine.
   
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#10)
fsotirop (Offline)
Senior Member
Prepaid Expert
 
Posts: 362
Join Date: 28 Jan 2012

Country:
Default 05-03-2012, 23:42

which is the network provider of this +447924 number .. cloud9? you can check it here: http://www.numberingplans.com/?page=...is&sub=phonenr
your calls through Voipgain were chargable calls or just un-answered calls?

Last edited by fsotirop; 05-03-2012 at 23:55..
   
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
vBulletin Skin developed by: vBStyles.com
2002- ad libitum PrePaidGSM.net