PrePaidGSM.net Forum
Travelsim
PrePaidGSM Home National Operators International Cards Contacts Links



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old
  (#1)
m3m3m3 (Offline)
Junior Member
Newbie
 
Posts: 2
Join Date: 07 Jun 2010

Country:
Default Roam4Zero? - 29-03-2011, 03:12

Does anyone have experience with this SIM?

Last time I went to Europe we used Ekit and it worked fine. This Roam4Zero seems to be cheaper and was wondering if anyone here had experience with it? Thanks in advance
   
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#2)
bbob (Offline)
Senior Member
Prepaid Expert
 
Posts: 499
Join Date: 20 Feb 2007

Country:
Default 30-03-2011, 09:23

First post, seem like an add for this unknow company ?
   
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#3)
Stu (Offline)
Senior Member
Prepaid Guru
 
Posts: 1,087
Join Date: 11 Feb 2004
Location: Detroit (formerly Dubai)

Country:
Default 30-03-2011, 14:58

What country is the incoming number? IOM, Estonia, Belgium? The rates don't set my world on fire. People like Ekit because it is dual IMSI, has a nice feature set, tech support which answers, the phone, and will loan you a US number as needed for free (but at a $0.19 a minute call connect surcharge). Lastly, it doesn't have particularly difficult minimum usage requirements.

Roam4Less has a high rates for the US and Canada. My polling of other fairs made them see about average. Everyone has free incoming texts, there number of free incoming countries is a little low, but not horrid.

I like roaming SIMs for short trips into countries, as a hold over until I can get a local SIM, and/or for countries that put hurdles in the way of buying a local SIM. If you do a single country international trip on an annual basis, you are probably better with a local SIM.
   
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#4)
DRNewcomb (Offline)
Senior Member
Prepaid Professionist
 
Posts: 1,458
Join Date: 27 Feb 2004
Location: Mississippi, USA

Country:
Default 02-04-2011, 15:31

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbob View Post
First post, seem like an add for this unknow company ?
Hmmm? Those usually start off, "Hey guys! I just found this really great...."
 Send a message via ICQ to DRNewcomb  
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#5)
m3m3m3 (Offline)
Junior Member
Newbie
 
Posts: 2
Join Date: 07 Jun 2010

Country:
Default 03-04-2011, 16:29

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbob View Post
First post, seem like an add for this unknow company ?
No I am not advertising for this company. Im looking for information...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stu View Post
What country is the incoming number? IOM, Estonia, Belgium? The rates don't set my world on fire. People like Ekit because it is dual IMSI, has a nice feature set, tech support which answers, the phone, and will loan you a US number as needed for free (but at a $0.19 a minute call connect surcharge). Lastly, it doesn't have particularly difficult minimum usage requirements.

Roam4Less has a high rates for the US and Canada. My polling of other fairs made them see about average. Everyone has free incoming texts, there number of free incoming countries is a little low, but not horrid.

I like roaming SIMs for short trips into countries, as a hold over until I can get a local SIM, and/or for countries that put hurdles in the way of buying a local SIM. If you do a single country international trip on an annual basis, you are probably better with a local SIM.
I will be traveling to France, Italy, and Germany. And was looking at their rates to call back to the US. At $0.35 per min to call home, I thought that was relatively cheap, as ekit charges connection setup fee every time you call out (at least the one I had last time did)

But you brought up a good point of what country their incoming number is. I actually don't know.

My question was mainly reliability. If anyone had experience with call quality, etc
   
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#6)
dg7feq (Offline)
Moderator
Prepaid Guru
 
Posts: 1,158
Join Date: 04 Feb 2006
Location: Germany

Country:
Default 03-04-2011, 21:44

Quote:
Originally Posted by m3m3m3 View Post
No I am not advertising for this company. Im looking for information...



I will be traveling to France, Italy, and Germany. And was looking at their rates to call back to the US. At $0.35 per min to call home, I thought that was relatively cheap, as ekit charges connection setup fee every time you call out (at least the one I had last time did)

But you brought up a good point of what country their incoming number is. I actually don't know.

My question was mainly reliability. If anyone had experience with call quality, etc
you might want to look at the travel sim card based in the UK. They also have a US number assigned where you can receive calls on for 23 us-cent. Outgoing calls to the US from your destinations is also 35 us-ct/min. As far as i read so far these cards are very reliable.

USA Sim Card - FREE USA Roaming - USA +1 & UK 07 Mobile Numbers


Germany: smartmobil, simquadrat, Vodafone (data)
Thailand: truemove (phone+sms+wifi), TOT 3G (data)
International: xxSim+372, toggle +44/+49/+41/+31
Phones: Huawei Mate7, Zopo ZP700
   
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#7)
Stu (Offline)
Senior Member
Prepaid Guru
 
Posts: 1,087
Join Date: 11 Feb 2004
Location: Detroit (formerly Dubai)

Country:
Default 04-04-2011, 02:09

Your right on the setup fee. Another thing worth pointing out is that someone posted a link a while ago about where you could buy the SIM for US$9 off Ebay.

For EU use only, the new Maxroam is pretty good as well. Their rates to h--- for non-EU use.
   
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#8)
dg7feq (Offline)
Moderator
Prepaid Guru
 
Posts: 1,158
Join Date: 04 Feb 2006
Location: Germany

Country:
Default 04-04-2011, 11:40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stu View Post
Your right on the setup fee. Another thing worth pointing out is that someone posted a link a while ago about where you could buy the SIM for US$9 off Ebay.

For EU use only, the new Maxroam is pretty good as well. Their rates to h--- for non-EU use.
except their stupid policy to charge from the second you pick up the callback - no matter if the other party will pick up or not. In my opinion that makes the card also useless for EU usage


Germany: smartmobil, simquadrat, Vodafone (data)
Thailand: truemove (phone+sms+wifi), TOT 3G (data)
International: xxSim+372, toggle +44/+49/+41/+31
Phones: Huawei Mate7, Zopo ZP700
   
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#9)
sng (Offline)
Junior Member
Newbie
 
Posts: 1
Join Date: 03 Sep 2011

Country:
Default German SIM-karte recommendation(s) - 03-09-2011, 10:25

We are traveling to Germany, Czech Republic and Austria. Which SIM-cards for our GSM compatible phones would work in these three countries for our primary purpose of calling between our two cell phones, and secondary purpose of calling local numbers. Calling USA is unlikely. Should we get SIM-karte when we arrive in Germany (1st country on our itinenary) or get one in USA (for example roam4zero)? I think the latter is UK based and has free incoming calls but we do not know which German (or Czech and Austrian) network is being used to connect. We think that all calls are US $0.50 per minute which is lower than $1.29 to 1.99 rate from Verizon. Our German friend recommend T-mobile and Vodaphone over Telefonica (which may not work in Austria any way). When you recommend SIM-karte, please be specific in name and cost. Thank you very much.
   
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#10)
andy (Offline)
Moderator
Prepaid Prophet
 
Posts: 2,119
Join Date: 10 Dec 2004

Country:
Default 03-09-2011, 13:46

Quote:
Originally Posted by sng View Post
We are traveling to Germany, Czech Republic and Austria. Which SIM-cards for our GSM compatible phones would work in these three countries for our primary purpose of calling between our two cell phones, and secondary purpose of calling local numbers. Calling USA is unlikely. Should we get SIM-karte when we arrive in Germany (1st country on our itinenary) or get one in USA (for example roam4zero)? I think the latter is UK based and has free incoming calls but we do not know which German (or Czech and Austrian) network is being used to connect. We think that all calls are US $0.50 per minute which is lower than $1.29 to 1.99 rate from Verizon. Our German friend recommend T-mobile and Vodaphone over Telefonica (which may not work in Austria any way). When you recommend SIM-karte, please be specific in name and cost. Thank you very much.
Most of the global SIMs roam on most main networks in many countries, and so too would most single country SIMs, which aren't restricted to needing a network of the same name in the visited country.

It depends a bit on how much use you expect, but if it's more than only a few minutes I'd say that given your preference order, calls between you, then local calls, not much international, I'd say get a pair of local SIMs in each place

In Germany you'd get 3 cents a minute calls to the same network on some brands, including Solomo (order online) or Aldi (supermarket chain), 6 cents local landlines with Solomo, and 9 cents for local landlines and mobiles on several brands

Czech Republic and Austria, I'm not so sure about, but see the National Operators link at the top of the page

I'd be quite tempted by yesss in Austria, but most bramds have calls for single figure cents a minute
   
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
vBulletin Skin developed by: vBStyles.com
2002- ad libitum PrePaidGSM.net