PrePaidGSM.net Forum
Travelsim
PrePaidGSM Home National Operators International Cards Contacts Links



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old
  (#1)
raywright1 (Offline)
Member
Official Member
 
raywright1's Avatar
 
Posts: 47
Join Date: 18 May 2010

Country:
Default Orange Romania launches online topup - 29-01-2014, 11:45

Orange Romania launches online topup service to send mobile credit to and from abroad. http://www.romania-insider.com/orang...omania/113961/

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using Tapatalk 2


Mobile Devices:
  1. Samsung SM-N10A (Galaxy Note 4)
    LTE700 (B17), LTE850 (B5), LTE1700/2100 (B4), LTE2600 (B7), LTE1900 (B2), LTE700 (B12)
    GSM850, GSM900, GSM1800, GSM1900, UMTS850 {B5}, UMTS900 {B8}, UMTS1900 {B2}, UMTS2100 {B1}
  2. Samsung SGH-i777 (Galaxy S II)
    GSM850, GSM900, GSM1800, GSM1900, UMTS850 {B5}, UMTS1900 {B2}, UMTS2100 {B1}
    GPRS, EDGE, UMTS, HSPA+


SIMs:
  1. US: ATT
  2. RO: VOD
  3. UK: VOD
  4. IT: WIND
  5. CA: ROGERS
   
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#2)
UKSTEVE (Offline)
Senior Member
Prepaid Expert
 
UKSTEVE's Avatar
 
Posts: 197
Join Date: 26 Dec 2004
Location: Sheffield UK

Country:
Default 29-01-2014, 14:32

Here you go for the full info:

Orange launches Orange Top-Up, a solution for topping-up mobile credit from abroad, in over 100 countries

Orange has announced the launch of Orange Top-Up, an online solution that enables people to remotely top-up mobile credit for customers of over 350 operators in the world(1).

To send mobile credit to a contact, users simply have to enter the mobile number to be credited, select an amount and pay by credit card. A SMS is sent to the user to confirm the transaction and a personal message can be sent to the recipient to let them know their account has been topped-up.
Orange Top-Up is available online in five languages (English, French, Spanish, Italian and Portuguese) and three currencies (euros, US dollars and South-African rand). The service is designed for those who live far from their families or friends, and provides them with a simple way to send mobile credit from almost anywhere in the world(2).
This top-up service is aimed in particular at migrant populations or those living abroad who are looking for a simple way to send mobile credit to their friends and families as means to stay in contact or simply as a gift. The site enables users to top-up credit for customers of over 350 operators based in over 100 countries(1), including 18 countries in which Orange is present(3). From launch, Orange Top-Up accepts credit cards from 39 different countries(2).
The prices are transparent: the value of the credit is clearly stated in the currency used to make the payment (euros, dollars or rand) as well as in the receiving country’s currency. The transaction fee for using the service is also clearly indicated on the website.
The Orange Top-Up service will continue to expand as more and more operators from different countries connect to the service (Orange Botswana will soon be connected for example). Mobile applications through the Android store and iTunes are also planned and should be available by the summer. In addition, discussions have started with distributors to enable Orange Top-Up to be used on high-street top-up consoles, which would enable cash payments.
Orange Top-Up is the most recent service to be launched by Orange Horizons, the Group’s subsidiary that seeks out new business opportunities in countries where Orange is not already present as a mass-market telecommunications provider. Since its launch in January 2013, Orange Horizons has started-up activities in 27 countries (4). Depending on the country, these activities include local websites providing news and audiovisual content and/or online stores offering high-tech and telecoms-related equipment. In Portugal and South Africa, Orange Horizons also has a physical presence through "corners" in partners’ stores. This enables the Group to offer services to tourists visiting from certain countries in which Orange is present (for example, a SIM card can be replaced for customers of Orange in France).
discover the website and the Orange Top-Up clip

watch


(1) Mobile credit can be sent to: Afghanistan, Albania, Anguilla, Antigua and Barbuda, Argentina, Armenia, Aruba, Bangladesh, Barbados, Benin, Bolivia, Brazil, British Virgin Islands, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cambodia, Cameroon, Cayman Islands, Central African Republic, Chile, China, Colombia, Congo, Costa Rica, Côte d’Ivoire, Cuba, Cyprus, Democratic Republic of the Congo, Dominica, Dominican Republic, Ecuador, Egypt, El Salvador, Fiji, Gambia, Ghana, Grenada, Guatemala, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Guyana, Haiti, Honduras, India, Indonesia, Iraq, Jamaica, Jordan, Kazakhstan, Kenya, Laos, Liberia, Madagascar, Malaysia, Mali, Mexico, Montserrat, Morocco, Mozambique, Nepal, Netherlands Antilles, Nicaragua, Niger, Nigeria, Pakistan, Palestine, Panama, Papua New Guinea, Paraguay, Peru, Philippines, Poland, Porto Rico, Romania, Russia, Rwanda, Saint Kitts and Nevis, Saint Lucia, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines, Senegal, Singapore, Somalia, South Africa, Spain, Sri Lanka, Sudan, Suriname, Swaziland, Syria, Tanzania, Thailand, Togo, Trinity and Tobago, Tunisia, Turkey, Turks and Caicos Islands, Uganda, Ukraine, Uruguay, USA, Vietnam, Yemen, Zambia, Zimbabwe.
(2) Credit cards accepted from: South Africa, Germany, Saudi Arabia, Australia, Austria, Belgium, Botswana, Brazil, Bulgaria, Canada, Cyprus, Denmark, United Arab Emirates, Spain, Finland, France, Greece, Hong Kong, Mauritius, Ireland, Italy, Luxembourg, Malta, Mexico, Norway, New Zealand, the Netherlands, Portugal, Poland, Qatar, Czech Republic, Romania, United Kingdom, Singapore, Sweden, Switzerland, Taiwan, Turkey, USA.
(3) Orange subsidiaries connected: Orange Cameroon, Orange Côte d’Ivoire, Mobinil (Egypt), Orange Spain, Orange Guinea, Orange Kenya, Orange Madagascar, Orange Mali, Meditel (Morocco), Orange Niger, Orange Uganda, Orange Poland, Orange CAR, Orange DRC, Orange Dominicana, Orange Romania, Orange Senegal, Orange Tunisia.
(4) Countries in which Orange Horizons has launched one or more activities (in chronological order): South Africa, Italy, Portugal, Germany, Sweden, the Netherlands, Denmark, Norway, Namibia, Angola, Zambia, Zimbabwe, Mozambique, Malawi, Nigeria, Ghana, Bulgaria, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Estonia, Finland, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Latvia, Malta, Slovenia.
about Orange

Orange is one of the world’s leading telecommunications operators with sales of 43.5 billion euros in 2012 and has 166,000 employees worldwide at 30 September 2013, including 102,000 employees in France. Present in 32 countries, the Group has a total customer base of more than 232 million customers at 30 September 2013, including 175 million mobile customers and 15 million fixed broadband customers worldwide. Orange is also a leading provider of global IT and telecommunication services to multinational companies, under the brand Orange Business Services.

Orange is listed on the NYSE Euronext Paris (symbol ORA) and on the New York Stock Exchange (symbol ORAN).
For more information: www.orange.com, www.orange-business.com and on Twitter: @orange, @presseorange, @orangebusiness.
Orange and any other Orange product or service names included in this material are trade marks of Orange Brand Services Limited.


[size=2]Steve Gold
PO Box 1014, Sheffield S10 5YG, UK

Home mobie: Telefonica O2
Other UK mobiles: 3, Vodafone, Virgin

Foreign SIMs: Toggle (multi); Germany (Fonic); Poland (Orange PL);

Skype: stevewgold
  Send a message via Skype™ to UKSTEVE 
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#3)
ronwi (Offline)
Senior Member
Prepaid Fan
 
Posts: 136
Join Date: 01 Oct 2006

Country:
Default 03-02-2014, 03:32

Can't find the URL - any idea where the site can be found?


Quote:
Originally Posted by UKSTEVE View Post
Here you go for the full info:

Orange launches Orange Top-Up, a solution for topping-up mobile credit from abroad, in over 100 countries

Orange has announced the launch of Orange Top-Up, an online solution that enables people to remotely top-up mobile credit for customers of over 350 operators in the world(1).

To send mobile credit to a contact, users simply have to enter the mobile number to be credited, select an amount and pay by credit card. A SMS is sent to the user to confirm the transaction and a personal message can be sent to the recipient to let them know their account has been topped-up.
Orange Top-Up is available online in five languages (English, French, Spanish, Italian and Portuguese) and three currencies (euros, US dollars and South-African rand). The service is designed for those who live far from their families or friends, and provides them with a simple way to send mobile credit from almost anywhere in the world(2).
This top-up service is aimed in particular at migrant populations or those living abroad who are looking for a simple way to send mobile credit to their friends and families as means to stay in contact or simply as a gift. The site enables users to top-up credit for customers of over 350 operators based in over 100 countries(1), including 18 countries in which Orange is present(3). From launch, Orange Top-Up accepts credit cards from 39 different countries(2).
The prices are transparent: the value of the credit is clearly stated in the currency used to make the payment (euros, dollars or rand) as well as in the receiving country’s currency. The transaction fee for using the service is also clearly indicated on the website.
The Orange Top-Up service will continue to expand as more and more operators from different countries connect to the service (Orange Botswana will soon be connected for example). Mobile applications through the Android store and iTunes are also planned and should be available by the summer. In addition, discussions have started with distributors to enable Orange Top-Up to be used on high-street top-up consoles, which would enable cash payments.
Orange Top-Up is the most recent service to be launched by Orange Horizons, the Group’s subsidiary that seeks out new business opportunities in countries where Orange is not already present as a mass-market telecommunications provider. Since its launch in January 2013, Orange Horizons has started-up activities in 27 countries (4). Depending on the country, these activities include local websites providing news and audiovisual content and/or online stores offering high-tech and telecoms-related equipment. In Portugal and South Africa, Orange Horizons also has a physical presence through "corners" in partners’ stores. This enables the Group to offer services to tourists visiting from certain countries in which Orange is present (for example, a SIM card can be replaced for customers of Orange in France).
discover the website and the Orange Top-Up clip

watch


(1) Mobile credit can be sent to: Afghanistan, Albania, Anguilla, Antigua and Barbuda, Argentina, Armenia, Aruba, Bangladesh, Barbados, Benin, Bolivia, Brazil, British Virgin Islands, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cambodia, Cameroon, Cayman Islands, Central African Republic, Chile, China, Colombia, Congo, Costa Rica, Côte d’Ivoire, Cuba, Cyprus, Democratic Republic of the Congo, Dominica, Dominican Republic, Ecuador, Egypt, El Salvador, Fiji, Gambia, Ghana, Grenada, Guatemala, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Guyana, Haiti, Honduras, India, Indonesia, Iraq, Jamaica, Jordan, Kazakhstan, Kenya, Laos, Liberia, Madagascar, Malaysia, Mali, Mexico, Montserrat, Morocco, Mozambique, Nepal, Netherlands Antilles, Nicaragua, Niger, Nigeria, Pakistan, Palestine, Panama, Papua New Guinea, Paraguay, Peru, Philippines, Poland, Porto Rico, Romania, Russia, Rwanda, Saint Kitts and Nevis, Saint Lucia, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines, Senegal, Singapore, Somalia, South Africa, Spain, Sri Lanka, Sudan, Suriname, Swaziland, Syria, Tanzania, Thailand, Togo, Trinity and Tobago, Tunisia, Turkey, Turks and Caicos Islands, Uganda, Ukraine, Uruguay, USA, Vietnam, Yemen, Zambia, Zimbabwe.
(2) Credit cards accepted from: South Africa, Germany, Saudi Arabia, Australia, Austria, Belgium, Botswana, Brazil, Bulgaria, Canada, Cyprus, Denmark, United Arab Emirates, Spain, Finland, France, Greece, Hong Kong, Mauritius, Ireland, Italy, Luxembourg, Malta, Mexico, Norway, New Zealand, the Netherlands, Portugal, Poland, Qatar, Czech Republic, Romania, United Kingdom, Singapore, Sweden, Switzerland, Taiwan, Turkey, USA.
(3) Orange subsidiaries connected: Orange Cameroon, Orange Côte d’Ivoire, Mobinil (Egypt), Orange Spain, Orange Guinea, Orange Kenya, Orange Madagascar, Orange Mali, Meditel (Morocco), Orange Niger, Orange Uganda, Orange Poland, Orange CAR, Orange DRC, Orange Dominicana, Orange Romania, Orange Senegal, Orange Tunisia.
(4) Countries in which Orange Horizons has launched one or more activities (in chronological order): South Africa, Italy, Portugal, Germany, Sweden, the Netherlands, Denmark, Norway, Namibia, Angola, Zambia, Zimbabwe, Mozambique, Malawi, Nigeria, Ghana, Bulgaria, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Estonia, Finland, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Latvia, Malta, Slovenia.
about Orange

Orange is one of the world’s leading telecommunications operators with sales of 43.5 billion euros in 2012 and has 166,000 employees worldwide at 30 September 2013, including 102,000 employees in France. Present in 32 countries, the Group has a total customer base of more than 232 million customers at 30 September 2013, including 175 million mobile customers and 15 million fixed broadband customers worldwide. Orange is also a leading provider of global IT and telecommunication services to multinational companies, under the brand Orange Business Services.

Orange is listed on the NYSE Euronext Paris (symbol ORA) and on the New York Stock Exchange (symbol ORAN).
For more information: www.orange.com, www.orange-business.com and on Twitter: @orange, @presseorange, @orangebusiness.
Orange and any other Orange product or service names included in this material are trade marks of Orange Brand Services Limited.
   
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#4)
ronwi (Offline)
Senior Member
Prepaid Fan
 
Posts: 136
Join Date: 01 Oct 2006

Country:
Default Answering my Own Question - 03-02-2014, 05:20

https://topup.orange.com/topup/

But, appears to be like many of these services - only works for limited countries.

I tries to recharge Italian, British, Canadian and Irish SIMs - and each time got the message - Unable to perform request. The phone number looks invalid


Quote:
Originally Posted by ronwi View Post
Can't find the URL - any idea where the site can be found?

Last edited by ronwi; 03-02-2014 at 05:32..
   
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#5)
tux (Offline)
Senior Member
Prepaid Expert
 
Posts: 250
Join Date: 28 Jan 2011

Country:
Default 03-02-2014, 07:28

Because Italy, the UK and Canada are not in the list.

Inviato dal mio Nexus 5 utilizzando Tapatalk
   
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#6)
ronwi (Offline)
Senior Member
Prepaid Fan
 
Posts: 136
Join Date: 01 Oct 2006

Country:
Default 04-02-2014, 04:34

Actually, they are on the list. If you look at the right side of the page, the website claims 105 countries. If you click on the "i", Italy, UK, and Canada are listed.


Quote:
Originally Posted by tux View Post
Because Italy, the UK and Canada are not in the list.

Inviato dal mio Nexus 5 utilizzando Tapatalk
   
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#7)
tux (Offline)
Senior Member
Prepaid Expert
 
Posts: 250
Join Date: 28 Jan 2011

Country:
Default 04-02-2014, 07:24

They are gray, which means that these countries are not enabled (unfortunately), while they accept credit cards from these countries.
   
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#8)
f300 (Offline)
Member
Advanced Member
 
Posts: 72
Join Date: 12 Mar 2008

Country:
Default 16-05-2014, 11:26

If we are talking about topup.orange.com (which I just discovered) maybe somebody should update the title to something like "Orange service that would top-up prepaids from 100+ countries even on many non-Orange operators".

"Orange Romania launches online topup" is certainly kind of "meh" but this IS a big deal for people with cards from abroad (assuming of course your particular operator and credit card is supported...).
   
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
vBulletin Skin developed by: vBStyles.com
© 2002- ad libitum PrePaidGSM.net