PrePaidGSM.net Forum (Archived)

Old
  (#1)
Lisbecks (Offline)

Default sim only in the states - 02-03-2011, 10:54

Hi all, i got a question: My carrier called me and asked me if i wanted this sim only contract with them, so i told them i would be leaving for the States in about a month or so... so they told me i could use this in the States as well... But isn't this really expensive? Is there something in the States similar to this? Reduced prices for calling and texting and no costs for a phone with your contract! Please help! Cheers

Old
  (#2)
weekilter (Offline)
Official Member

Default 06-03-2011, 19:21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisbecks View Post
Hi all, i got a question: My carrier called me and asked me if i wanted this sim only contract with them, so i told them i would be leaving for the States in about a month or so... so they told me i could use this in the States as well... But isn't this really expensive? Is there something in the States similar to this? Reduced prices for calling and texting and no costs for a phone with your contract! Please help! Cheers
Odds are that roaming rates in the states will be severe. You're better off getting a local SIM either an AT&T "GoPhone" SIM or a T-Mobile SIM. Prepaid in the states you basically have pay as you go plans and you also have several unlimited plans. Many plans include some data as well if that's important to you as well. T-Mobile SIMs can be purchased at company corporate stores for ~$10.

Current SIMs:

T-Mobile US (prepaid)
T-Mobile NL (prepaid)
Fido CA (prepaid)
Orange IL (prepaid)

Old
  (#3)
savemoney (Offline)

Default Consider second tier SIM only players to save money - 08-07-2011, 14:10

I want to say if you consider many of the less known SIM only providers, almost all are MVNO's of the major wireless operators, you will save more money as they usually have lower costs and offer better pay as you go rates.