PrePaidGSM.net Forum (Archived)

Old
  (#1)
lothian110 (Offline)

Default Recharging Italian sim cards from abroad... TIM and Wind - 01-07-2009, 03:12

I know this topic has been covered in the past, but I haven't seen anything up to date after 2007.

I have 2 wind card and 1 tim card that I'd like to keep active.

i registered on shop.wind.it website and tried to add money to my cards, but it says my IP address is outisde of italy and it only works for Italy.
Is there any other way to recharge the Wind sims?

My TIM card won't respond at all here in the US. I tried to send sms to *123# and it doesn't work. I also tried registering for the TIM website, but I am not sure which Codice Fiscale was used when that card was registered. It was already registered when I bought it at a store, and they never took my info.
Is there anyway to recharge this TIM card from the US?

I would very much prefer to do any of these recharges online.

Old
  (#2)
lothian110 (Offline)

Default 01-07-2009, 03:22

sorry.. this should probably be under the Europe section.
Admins - please feel free to move!

Thanks!

Old
  (#3)
Effendi (Offline)
The great Dictator!
Prepaid Prophet

Default 01-07-2009, 14:19

I fear there's nothing you can do. The next time you come to Italy you'll buy a new sim-card. They are so cheap that it's not a big issue.

Working Prepaids: IT: Wind, Vodafone IT, UNO Mobile; SM: Prima; UK: 3, Virgin; INT: TravelSIM, Truphone.
Deceased Prepaids: CZ: Oskar, Eurotel; SK: Orange; DE: E-Plus, Aldi, Simyo; GE: Geocell; AM: Armentel; PL: Heyah, Plus; LT: Tele2; LV: Amigo; EE: Elisa; UA: Kyivstar; NZ: Vodafone; INT: UM, UM+, ICQSim.
GSM/3G Phones: Nokia Lumia 630 dual sim

Old
  (#4)
BLC (Offline)
Advanced Member

Default 01-07-2009, 15:42

I managed to recharge my Wind phone on the website a couple of months ago but just tried again and they said BIN Bloccato. I then recieved an email which seems to say (I don't read Italian) That it will take 7 days to process and they will notify me by sms when it is approved.

Old
  (#5)
Effendi (Offline)
The great Dictator!
Prepaid Prophet

Default 02-07-2009, 09:37

BLC if you want to post the mail here we can translate it.

Working Prepaids: IT: Wind, Vodafone IT, UNO Mobile; SM: Prima; UK: 3, Virgin; INT: TravelSIM, Truphone.
Deceased Prepaids: CZ: Oskar, Eurotel; SK: Orange; DE: E-Plus, Aldi, Simyo; GE: Geocell; AM: Armentel; PL: Heyah, Plus; LT: Tele2; LV: Amigo; EE: Elisa; UA: Kyivstar; NZ: Vodafone; INT: UM, UM+, ICQSim.

Old
  (#6)
BLC (Offline)
Advanced Member

Default Message from Wind - 02-07-2009, 15:38

That would be great if I could get a translation.

" Ti invieremo la ricarica direttamente al numero di telefono da te indicato dopo l'avvenuto pagamento con carta di credito La gestione dell'invio delle ricariche avviene 7 giorni su 7.
Nel caso avessi scelto il servizio di notifica sms, ti ricordiamo che per ricevere l'sms di avvenuta ricarica e necessario che il cellulare sia acceso, sotto buona copertura e che la memoria sms sia libera."

This was on 155.it.

I also tried TIM again and it won't work even with PayPal.

Barry

Old
  (#7)
beppe_bl (Offline)
Prepaid Fan

Default 02-07-2009, 16:12

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLC View Post
That would be great if I could get a translation.

" Ti invieremo la ricarica direttamente al numero di telefono da te indicato dopo l'avvenuto pagamento con carta di credito La gestione dell'invio delle ricariche avviene 7 giorni su 7.
Nel caso avessi scelto il servizio di notifica sms, ti ricordiamo che per ricevere l'sms di avvenuta ricarica e necessario che il cellulare sia acceso, sotto buona copertura e che la memoria sms sia libera."

This was on 155.it.

I also tried TIM again and it won't work even with PayPal.

Barry
"We send you the recharge directly to the phone number that you have indicated after the credit card payment. The recharge shipment management happens all days.
In case you've chose notification sms service, we remind you that to receive the sms of confirmation it's necessary that the phone is switched on, under good coverage and with free sms memory"

Old
  (#8)
BLC (Offline)
Advanced Member

Default Translation - 02-07-2009, 16:41

Thank You,

I guess that means the payment didn't work. I'll be OK as we will be back in Italy in September before the 12 months is up but it is annoying not being able to top up before we go. Any idea's on why TIM and WIND don't allow the use of non Italian credit cards or even PayPal?

Old
  (#9)
Effendi (Offline)
The great Dictator!
Prepaid Prophet

Default 03-07-2009, 08:07

That means that they will recharge you as soon as you pay with the credit card... but that should be quite fast...

Old
  (#10)
BLC (Offline)
Advanced Member

Default Wind - 03-07-2009, 16:16

Unfortunately the message also said BIN Blocked which I assume means "Buy It Now" option is blocked so the transaction didn't go through.
It worked last September with no problem so this must be something new with WIND .