PrePaidGSM.net Forum (Archived)

Old
  (#21)
inquisitor (Offline)
Prepaid Professionist

Default 28-07-2010, 00:31

You should try Firefox with an addon called "User Agent Swichter", which you'll find under "Tools" after installation. Through this addon you can fake the "user agent" of Firefox to pretend being an iphone.
By the "user agent", which every browser sends with each http-request, operators can easily detect traffic coming from non-mobile browsers/devices.
However there is still the EIR (Equipment Identity Register), a component in every GSM network, through which operators could distinguish handsets from modems by the IMEI if a database of IMEI-ranges existed.

terminals: Samsung: Galaxy S5 DuoS (G900FD); BLU: Win HD LTE; Nokia: 1200; Asus: Fonepad 7 ME372CG; Huawei data: E3372, Vodafone R201, K3765, E1762;
postpaid: O2 on Business XL; prepaid: DE: Aldi Talk, Lidl; UK: 3; BG: MTel, vivacom; RU: MTS; RS: MTS; UAE: du Tourist SIM; INT'L: toggle mobile
VoIP: sipgate.de (German DID); sipgate.co.uk (British DID); ukddi.com (British DID); sipcall.ch (Swiss DID); megafon.bg (Bulgarian DID); InterVoip.com

Last edited by inquisitor; 28-07-2010 at 00:43..

Old
  (#22)
90180360 (Offline)
Amateur Member

Default 28-07-2010, 11:04

Quote:
Originally Posted by inquisitor View Post
You should try Firefox with an addon called "User Agent Swichter", which you'll find under "Tools" after installation. Through this addon you can fake the "user agent" of Firefox to pretend being an iphone.
Thanks. This made it work.
Unfortunately all websites now think that I'm on an iphone and behave accordingly...
What really boggles my mind is that I have to cheat to get the privilege to pay them 1€/MB...
Incroyable...

Old
  (#23)
sebbo4 (Offline)

Default 10-01-2011, 12:38

Maybe some of you could consider using the german virtual operator "simyo" which charges 0,49€/MB in every European country. Still cheaper than every other data plan in France and also usable in Germany with 0,24€/MB.

Old
  (#24)
kuba.g (Offline)
Prepaid Expert

Default 10-01-2011, 23:03

That is actually not such a bad idea (when it comes to France).

But wasn't there a cheaper prepaid offer from the UK or Ireland for European data roaming?

Mobile internet sim cards:
INT: abroadband, NL: Simyo, *bliep, BE: Colruyt Mobile, MEDIONmobile, LUX: Orange, PL: mBank Mobile,
DE: Congstar, MEDIONmobile, IE: Vodafone, CH: OK Mobil, SwissCom, SE: Telia, ES: MásMovil,
GR: Cosmote, IT: TIM, RO: Vodafone, RS: mt:s, BY: Privet, UA: Kievstar, MD: Moldcell

Feel free to consult me about sim cards in the Benelux and Poland.

Old
  (#25)
mikecz (Offline)

Default 10-01-2011, 23:53

and there's no way to buy it in france? what about poland?
how about forfait internet 3G+ wk et vacances - Orange mobile ?

Looks like 18Euro/1Go for 7days? That would be great for me, if it includes TCP/IP (nonstandard ports, like for email [Gmail], and SSH [bbssh], on blackberry). I could do without BIS for a week

Anyone care to comment if this 18Eu/1Go is for real and can be gotten without a key?

Old
  (#26)
Effendi (Offline)
The great Dictator!
Prepaid Prophet

Default 11-01-2011, 09:20

forfait = postpaid

Working Prepaids: IT: Wind, Vodafone IT, UNO Mobile; SM: Prima; UK: 3, Virgin; INT: TravelSIM, Truphone.
Deceased Prepaids: CZ: Oskar, Eurotel; SK: Orange; DE: E-Plus, Aldi, Simyo; GE: Geocell; AM: Armentel; PL: Heyah, Plus; LT: Tele2; LV: Amigo; EE: Elisa; UA: Kyivstar; NZ: Vodafone; INT: UM, UM+, ICQSim.
GSM/3G Phones: Nokia Lumia 630 dual sim

Old
  (#27)
mikecz (Offline)

Default 11-01-2011, 17:31

What ID/credit-check/etc is needed for postpaid in France? ie. Could I get it there with a EU country's ID? A Canadian ID (like driver's licence, which is a government photo ID in Canada)? What do I need in terms of credit check if anything? I will be staying with a friend in Paris.

Otherwise, perhaps my friend could get this plan for the time I'm there (he's an international student), but me getting it myself would be preferable.

This is getting a bit OT, since it's postpaid to begin with, but any clue as to whether or not there is an activation fee? 3G-Cle purchase required? any other fees?

This is a much better option than any of the pay-as-you-go options I have found to date.

Thanks in advance.