PrePaidGSM.net Forum (Archived)

Old
  (#1)
tobi (Offline)

Default Prepaid SIM on GSM network - 29-07-2011, 13:47

Hi,

I'll be moving to the USA for a couple of months and want to use my Austrian GSM smartphone with a prepaid US SIM card.

I'm looking for something that will give me in addition to calls and texts about 100 MB of free data per month. Also nice to have would be free international SMS and cheap rates to Austrian mobile phones.

Do you have any recommendations? I have checked MVNOs that run on AT&T so far and have found those interesting:

http://www.h2owirelessnow.com
50 USD per month, which includes 20 USD of credit for international calling, rates for Austrian mobile phones are about 12 cent/minute, which is about 150 min. of free calls per month

JoltMobile.com
50 USD per month, calls to Austrian mobile phones 13.5 cent/minute

OMG! Simple Mobile
60 USD per month, calls to Austrian mobile phones 7.5 cent/minute, free international texts (although not sure, what Barablu Austria is supposed to be a carrier)

On those MVNOs - will I get charged for receiving international calls/international SMS?

So far h2owirelessnow looks the best to me. Anything else I should check out?

Thanks for your help!!

Cheers,
Tobi

Old
  (#2)
weekilter (Offline)
Official Member

Default 08-08-2011, 20:20

Quote:
Originally Posted by tobi View Post
Hi,

I'll be moving to the USA for a couple of months and want to use my Austrian GSM smartphone with a prepaid US SIM card.

I'm looking for something that will give me in addition to calls and texts about 100 MB of free data per month. Also nice to have would be free international SMS and cheap rates to Austrian mobile phones.

Do you have any recommendations? I have checked MVNOs that run on AT&T so far and have found those interesting:

http://www.h2owirelessnow.com
50 USD per month, which includes 20 USD of credit for international calling, rates for Austrian mobile phones are about 12 cent/minute, which is about 150 min. of free calls per month

JoltMobile.com
50 USD per month, calls to Austrian mobile phones 13.5 cent/minute

OMG! Simple Mobile
60 USD per month, calls to Austrian mobile phones 7.5 cent/minute, free international texts (although not sure, what Barablu Austria is supposed to be a carrier)

On those MVNOs - will I get charged for receiving international calls/international SMS?

So far h2owirelessnow looks the best to me. Anything else I should check out?

Thanks for your help!!

Cheers,
Tobi
All US mobile providers you pay to receive incoming calls. All incoming calls whether local or international are rated the same.

Current SIMs:

T-Mobile US (prepaid)
T-Mobile NL (prepaid)
Fido CA (prepaid)
Orange IL (prepaid)