PrePaidGSM.net Forum (Archived)

Old
  (#1)
Daddycakes (Offline)
Amateur Member

Default 02-01-2006, 21:38

I know that this has been asked before and I feel like a moron for doing so, but I figure I'd get it out of the way up front.

I will be making two trips to Europe in February - the first around Andulcia and Gibraltar and the second one in Prague. I will be transiting through the UK, Belgium and Switzerland and like a data addict, you just HAVE to check your email when you just got off a flight.

So being lazy, I'd like to find one SIM card that I can use primarily for data with perhaps 3 calls during the entire time. I plan on mobile blogging and taking photos and uploading them, so something relatively cheap and reliable that works well would be what I am looking for.

Any idea on what the best SIM would be for my needs?

Thanks,
Nick

Old
  (#2)
AndreA (Offline)
Administrator
Prepaid Genius

Default 03-01-2006, 00:21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daddycakes
Any idea on what the best SIM would be for my needs?
Wind: http://www.prepaidgsm.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=861 :whistle:

ANTPEAΣ AΠO THN ΦΛΩPENTIA
My Phones:
iPhone 2G, E65, N70, P910 DVB-H, A835, 6630, 7600, 6210, S55, T39
"Working" PrePaids: IT: Wind, H3G, Vodafone, Tim, CoopVoce, Poste Mobile, Telepass Mobile,
Uno Mobile - CH: OrangeClick - RSM: Prima Easy - UK: O2, H3G - INT: United Mobile, TravelSim, ICQ SIM
"Deceased" PrePaids: IT: Blu - AT: H3G - FR: Itineris - ES: Yoigo - GR: Cosmote, Frog - HR: Tele2 - UK: Virgin, Orange TO: UCall - NZ: Vodafone - IN: Hutch - CAN: Fido - USA: T-Mobile - INT: Travelfone, CallKey, Globalsim, HopMobile, GT, 09, Mobal, Yackiemobile

ITALIAN TLC BLOG

Old
  (#3)
Daddycakes (Offline)
Amateur Member

Default 03-01-2006, 02:32

I need a Wind one now. Thanks AndreA.

Old
  (#4)
johnwt1951 (Offline)

Default 13-01-2006, 03:43

The WIND SIM sounds great! I would want to use the SIM in several places before I get to Italy.....so two questions:

1. Do you need to be in Italy to activate the SIM
2. Once you have the SIM, what do you have to do to set up the Mega No Limit Option?

Thanks for the great forum!

Old
  (#5)
Effendi (Offline)
The great Dictator!
Prepaid Prophet

Default 13-01-2006, 08:30

We activate the card for you here in Italy, so that's really not a problem. For the Mega No-Limit option you just need at least 20.01 euros of credit (with 0 credit you cannot use it), so you need to refill the card which is sold with 5? only. I'm not sure if it's possible to refill from Wind's site, but I think so, also with foreign credit cards, but AndreA is the expert of credit cards!

We'll keep you informed!

Working Prepaids: IT: Wind, Vodafone IT, UNO Mobile; SM: Prima; UK: 3, Virgin; INT: TravelSIM, Truphone.
Deceased Prepaids: CZ: Oskar, Eurotel; SK: Orange; DE: E-Plus, Aldi, Simyo; GE: Geocell; AM: Armentel; PL: Heyah, Plus; LT: Tele2; LV: Amigo; EE: Elisa; UA: Kyivstar; NZ: Vodafone; INT: UM, UM+, ICQSim.
GSM/3G Phones: Nokia Lumia 630 dual sim

Old
  (#6)
AndreA (Offline)
Administrator
Prepaid Genius

Default 13-01-2006, 09:29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Effendi
I'm not sure if it's possible to refill from Wind's site, but I think so, also with foreign credit cards, but AndreA is the expert of credit cards!
Yes, you can refill the sim card @ http://www.mondowind.it (the e-commerce website of Wind) and they surely accept every kind of American Express. Sometimes you can have troubles with not italian credit cards (Visa and MasterCard), but never with Am.Ex.

http://www.prepaidgsm.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=888

My Phones:
"Working" PrePaids: IT: Wind, H3G, Vodafone, Tim, CoopVoce, Poste Mobile, Telepass Mobile,
Uno Mobile - CH: OrangeClick - RSM: Prima Easy - UK: O2, H3G - INT: United Mobile, TravelSim, ICQ SIM
"Deceased" PrePaids: IT: Blu - AT: H3G - FR: Itineris - ES: Yoigo - GR: Cosmote, Frog - HR: Tele2 - UK: Virgin, Orange TO: UCall - NZ: Vodafone - IN: Hutch - CAN: Fido - USA: T-Mobile - INT: Travelfone, CallKey, Globalsim, HopMobile, GT, 09, Mobal, Yackiemobile

ITALIAN TLC BLOG

Old
  (#7)
johnwt1951 (Offline)

Default 13-01-2006, 09:52

So I take it that as long as you recharge to 20+ Euro then you are automatically accessing the Mega-No-Limit plan??

Thanks for the great community service you do! :bye2:

Old
  (#8)
AndreA (Offline)
Administrator
Prepaid Genius

Default 13-01-2006, 11:40

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnwt1951
So I take it that as long as you recharge to 20+ Euro then you are automatically accessing the Mega-No-Limit plan??
Well, if you have that option your balance can't go DOWN 0.00... if you don't have credit for any reason you can't surf on the web.

In fact Effendi wrote that you "need" 20.01 ? because, after the activation (-20.00?), you'll be sure to be ok :P

My Phones:

ITALIAN TLC BLOG