PrePaidGSM.net Forum (Archived)

Old
  (#11)
GadgetKen (Offline)
Prepaid Expert

Default 06-06-2006, 05:09

I just ordered a Canadian Fido prepaid sim from them. It arrived the following business day from their Boston office by UPS overnight service with good documentation. It was activated with a Toronto phone number that I needed. Although would be a bit cheaper buying in Canada or off of Ebay, I needed a number in advance to give family and business associates and wanted to order from a known US dealer. While won't be able to test sim for 2 weeks until I am in Canada, the Fido toll-free customer service voice response system recognized my account, and gave me my balance. Only ding is the voicemail pin I was given was incorrect but from the Fido website I easily figured out what the correct code was to set up my voicemail box(based on sim activation date).
Ekit apparently has drop ship locations in the US, England and Australia. Information on the company: ekit company information link They apparently have discount rate deals with other companies including Lonely Planet guidebooks: ekit link for lonely planet readers
Impression is ekit website is not quite as polished as the competing Telestial website: Competing Telestial website , but ekit does have some hard to get international multicountry sims and country specific sim cards and some ekit prices are lower with discount links. While I have also ordered from Telestial, decided on ekit for the sim I ordered because they had the Fido prepaid sim rather than the Rogers prepaid sim (big difference in direct dial rates from Canada to US although Roger also owns Fido). Overall I'd give ekit a thumbs up.

Phones/Wireless Devices: Doogee S90, Isatphone Pro, Amazon Kindle 3G, SkyRoam MiFi device, Karma MiFi device, AT&T Liberate MiFi device
Sim Cards: T-Mobile (Mint), AT&T (Mifi device or Kindle), Koko
Satphone: InMarSat
Broadband US Wireless Data: AT&T postpaid, Sprint (Karma Mobility prepaid)
Broadband International Data: SkyRoam
VOIP: Skype