PrePaidGSM.net Forum (Archived)

Old
  (#1)
inquisitor (Offline)
Prepaid Professionist

Default Germany | simyo to launch 1GB/month-pack for € 9.99 - 03-11-2008, 10:23

There are not much details yet, but only that they'll charge € 9.99 for 1GB valid through 30 days and the subscription will be recurring. The tariff will be launched on November, 17th.

terminals: Samsung: Galaxy S5 DuoS (G900FD); BLU: Win HD LTE; Nokia: 1200; Asus: Fonepad 7 ME372CG; Huawei data: E3372, Vodafone R201, K3765, E1762;
postpaid: O2 on Business XL; prepaid: DE: Aldi Talk, Lidl; UK: 3; BG: MTel, vivacom; RU: MTS; RS: MTS; UAE: du Tourist SIM; INT'L: toggle mobile
VoIP: sipgate.de (German DID); sipgate.co.uk (British DID); ukddi.com (British DID); sipcall.ch (Swiss DID); megafon.bg (Bulgarian DID); InterVoip.com

Old
  (#2)
inquisitor (Offline)
Prepaid Professionist

Default 03-11-2008, 10:33

UPDATE: Exceeding traffic will be billed with € 0.24/MB unless another 1GB-pack is being ordered.

terminals: Samsung: Galaxy S5 DuoS (G900FD); BLU: Win HD LTE; Nokia: 1200; Asus: Fonepad 7 ME372CG; Huawei data: E3372, Vodafone R201, K3765, E1762;
postpaid: O2 on Business XL; prepaid: DE: Aldi Talk, Lidl; UK: 3; BG: MTel, vivacom; RU: MTS; RS: MTS; UAE: du Tourist SIM; INT'L: toggle mobile
VoIP: sipgate.de (German DID); sipgate.co.uk (British DID); ukddi.com (British DID); sipcall.ch (Swiss DID); megafon.bg (Bulgarian DID); InterVoip.com

Old
  (#3)
dg7feq (Offline)
Prepaid Guru

Thumbs up 04-11-2008, 13:39

Quote:
Originally Posted by inquisitor View Post
UPDATE: Exceeding traffic will be billed with € 0.24/MB unless another 1GB-pack is being ordered.
To be precise: If you use up your 1 GB before the end of the 30 days you can just buy the next one. It is mandatory a monthly option.

Germany: o2 blue all-in L, simquadrat
Thailand: truemove (phone+sms+wifi)
International: xxSim+372, toggle +44/+49/+41/+31
Phones: Huawei Mate7, Huawei P9

Old
  (#4)
sleepy (Offline)
Official Member

Default 08-11-2008, 22:41

Quote:
There are not much details yet, but only that they'll charge € 9.99 for 1GB valid through 30 days and the subscription will be recurring. The tariff will be launched on November, 17th.
I am coming to Germany right on November 16th... and I would be interested on such an offer (the morning after...).
Do you think having a SIM sent to my hotel would be a viable/safe/etc. option?

Thank you!
Sleepy

Old
  (#5)
inquisitor (Offline)
Prepaid Professionist

Default 09-11-2008, 00:37

Yes, delivery to a hotel should work, as simyo do not verify your identity or address. However blau.de do offer the same tariff on the same network and in contrast to simyo their SIMs are also sold at retailers (Norma, Real, Kaufland, Media Markt, Saturn, ProMarkt, Budnikowsky, ateka and debitel).

Old
  (#6)
sleepy (Offline)
Official Member

Default 10-11-2008, 00:33

Quote:
Yes, delivery to a hotel should work, as simyo do not verify your identity or address. However blau.de do offer the same tariff on the same network and in contrast to simyo their SIMs are also sold at retailers (Norma, Real, Kaufland, Media Markt, Saturn, ProMarkt, Budnikowsky, ateka and debitel).
But they are not going to offer the 1GB pack, are they?
Otherwise this would be my choice!

Thank you!

All the best,

Sleepy

Old
  (#7)
dg7feq (Offline)
Prepaid Guru

Default 10-11-2008, 07:43

Yes, Blau.de offers this option as well.

Chris

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepy View Post
But they are not going to offer the 1GB pack, are they?
Otherwise this would be my choice!

Thank you!

All the best,

Sleepy

Germany: o2 blue all-in L, simquadrat
Thailand: truemove (phone+sms+wifi)
International: xxSim+372, toggle +44/+49/+41/+31
Phones: Huawei Mate7, Huawei P9

Old
  (#8)
sleepy (Offline)
Official Member

Default 10-11-2008, 09:29

Quote:
Originally Posted by dg7feq View Post
Yes, Blau.de offers this option as well.

Chris
Thank you.
I had checked on Blau Websites and read all sorts of documentation, but there was no hint about this new option (which is already advertised on the simyo site).
I will then try to get a Blau SIM, then. And with the offer of 20 Euro paid/20 Euro credit (till November 17th!) it can be still advantageous even at 0.24 Euro/MB, as long it is a short trip like mine and you do not exaggerate in data transfers (and maybe I can keep the remaining of the 20 Euro for the future...).

All the best,
Sleepy

Old
  (#9)
inquisitor (Offline)
Prepaid Professionist

Default 10-11-2008, 10:37

I just realized, that blau.de will launch their 1GB pack only on November 17th. You'll find some info at http://www.prepaid-wiki.de/index.php5?title=Blau in the paragraph "Handy-Internetflat 1GB".

Old
  (#10)
sleepy (Offline)
Official Member

Default 10-11-2008, 12:07

Quote:
I just realized, that blau.de will launch their 1GB pack only on November 17th. You'll find some info at http://www.prepaid-wiki.de/index.php5?title=Blau in the paragraph "Handy-Internetflat 1GB".
This is very good. I will get the Blau SIM on Monday morning and I will activate it right away (if I find the right APN somewhere... it should be internet.eplus.de).

I am coming to Germany on Sunday evening, therefore I think this is the best I can do) I do not think I can get it anywhere on Sunday)!

Strange they do not advertise it on their own site like Simyo does...

Very nice site with the wiki you pointed me at!

Thank you again,

Sleepy