PrePaidGSM.net Forum (Archived)

Old
  (#1)
Dm_ (Offline)
Amateur Member

Talking Tchibo activation online :-) - 18-10-2012, 18:02

hi, All,

in a parallel with looking for solution how to use VoIP service over t-mobile link i've decided to activate some reasonably new Tchibo SIM card what i have

The funny part is that Tchibo online activation requires ... bank account details. And it doesn't allow me to bypass this step.

What a bl***** dege*****tes! It's a prepaid, not a contract!

** them

best regards

Old
  (#2)
dg7feq (Offline)
Prepaid Guru

Default 19-10-2012, 13:57

hmm, i activated 3 cards some weeks ago. You only have to enter the bank details if you want to use the online recharge facilities. I did not enter the bank details for my 3 cards and they all could get registered. Maybe you translated something wrong?

Germany: o2 blue all-in L, simquadrat
Thailand: truemove (phone+sms+wifi)
International: xxSim+372, toggle +44/+49/+41/+31
Phones: Huawei Mate7, Huawei P9

Old
  (#3)
Dm_ (Offline)
Amateur Member

Default 19-10-2012, 14:03

Google chrome translates - i do not

Old
  (#4)
dg7feq (Offline)
Prepaid Guru

Default 19-10-2012, 15:45

can you post a screenshot from that page in german? (of course you can black out personal data). I dont remember the clickable options anymore by heart.

Chris

Old
  (#5)
Dm_ (Offline)
Amateur Member

Default 19-10-2012, 16:02

ok, will try tonight, no prob

Old
  (#6)
monami555 (Offline)

Default hey - 04-05-2013, 14:34

Hey i just came across identical problem. simply the part of the webpage for choosing the tarrifs is missing, the tarrifs are somehow magically chosen, and therefore you are required to enter the bank account.

Maybe i could cancel these tarrifs after activation, but it says it will deduct the money on activation, and my bank account is currently empty

any ideas? in customer service they "nicht verstehen"

Old
  (#7)
dg7feq (Offline)
Prepaid Guru

Default 06-05-2013, 08:04

Quote:
Originally Posted by monami555 View Post
Hey i just came across identical problem. simply the part of the webpage for choosing the tarrifs is missing, the tarrifs are somehow magically chosen, and therefore you are required to enter the bank account.

Maybe i could cancel these tarrifs after activation, but it says it will deduct the money on activation, and my bank account is currently empty

any ideas? in customer service they "nicht verstehen"
There are different SIM cards to buy. Some have this "smartphone package" activated automatically and the others are blank. I fear you grabbed one of the package SIM.

Chris

Old
  (#8)
Dm_ (Offline)
Amateur Member

Default 07-05-2013, 16:23

monami555, got your message - sorry for a delay with reply.

unfortunately i was not able to resolve my problem successfully and time to get internet running was very critical for me.

As a result - i decided to save time rather than trying to get this *** working and properly activated.

My advise to anyone who does temporary work/etc in Germany.
Do not try to save few cents/pennies
go to
nearest SATURN shop
buy O2 modem and DataPlan SIM, and
register it over there, and
top up the credit you need at the same time !!! They might ask your passport, just as a proof of ID.

then have a pint somewhere

get to your temporary home and by then it's all will be working properly.

Note: this is not the cheapest solution, but IF you prefer an alternative then be ready to spend ages on this forum asking people "aaaaa, please help!!"

Note: be careful trying to get SIM from ordinary O2 shop. Depending on area and your language skills the seller can give you incorrect SIM card and you'll spend ages arguing with them or with o2 prepaid customer service what's wrong. The problem is that many of small shops have 99 % of phone or tablet customers and never dealt with modems, etc.

Old
  (#9)
levon (Offline)

Default 21-05-2013, 11:30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dm_ View Post
hi, All,

in a parallel with looking for solution how to use VoIP service over t-mobile link i've decided to activate some reasonably new Tchibo SIM card what i have

The funny part is that Tchibo online activation requires ... bank account details. And it doesn't allow me to bypass this step.

What a bl***** dege*****tes! It's a prepaid, not a contract!

** them

best regards
I had exactly the same problem yesterday :-/

I visit Germany once a year or every 18 months, and I would like to be able to be able to keep the same number if possible (ie. have a card that doesn't expire). I don't have a problem adding some nominal amount of money to the card via the internet + credit card every once in a while if that helps keep it alive so that I can use the same number on my Verizon S3 when I come to Germany.

I bought a Tchibo card, just like the OP above, and in the same way it turned out to require a German bank account for the "Freischaltung" of the SIM card.

Can anyone recommend an alternative easy and hopefully cost-effective solution? I think the going rates per minute are 9 cents. (I'd be willing to pay a bit extra (up front?) if it makes the process quick and painless)

Thanks!

I may head to Saturn as suggested, but wanted to check here first.

(*) Note, Verizon's S3 has been "crippled" so that it can't surf the net overseas, but only be used for voice and SMS. (They have disabled the APN menu, so I suppose it makes no sense for me to pay extra for a data packet).