PrePaidGSM.net Forum (Archived)

Old
  (#1)
Pred02 (Offline)

Default Pre-paid Internet in Croatia - 06-05-2011, 18:39

Hi,
We spend about a month in Croatia in the summer; with the increasing number of visitors and dependence on Internet we are looking for a decent solution. Korcula - the island where we spend our time is notorious for having pretty bad access; none of our neighbors have wifi so we can not use their Internet and the island relies heavily on small and cramped Internet cafes for access.

With the arrival of 3G cards we tried both VIP and T-Mobile Croatia. VIP only had Edge signal at our house. T-Mobile Simple 3G dongle worked but I remember it being ridiculous expensive (something like 50kn/day).

It is not beneficial us going the ADSL route (because that would require us getting not only ADSL subscription but also a landline in the flat) so we need to probably stick to 3G dongle.

The problem is that we have a multiple of visitors so we need WiFI access so they can all access using their laptops, iPhones, iPads, etc.

First for the 3G T-Mobile Simpla

1. Does this mean that for 75kn we get 1.5gb valid for 30 days?

My dad is Croatian citizen and has a bank account so he can become a subscriber. Can we instead get one of these packages keep active for 1 month and then de-activate the line? Or does this require a 12 month contract (if so I could not find anywhere on the page where it says so)

Also does anyone know if the T-Mobile HR dongles work with the following Zoom router so we can share the connection across a number of users. Is it difficult to setup?

Kind regards

Old
  (#2)
Effendi (Offline)
The great Dictator!
Prepaid Prophet

Default 09-05-2011, 09:29

Yes, you can get 1,5GB for 75kunas for 30 days, activatin the XL option on your Sinpa Internet sim-card. I don't know about postpaid offers, you can ask T-Mobile.

Working Prepaids: IT: Wind, Vodafone IT, UNO Mobile; SM: Prima; UK: 3, Virgin; INT: TravelSIM, Truphone.
Deceased Prepaids: CZ: Oskar, Eurotel; SK: Orange; DE: E-Plus, Aldi, Simyo; GE: Geocell; AM: Armentel; PL: Heyah, Plus; LT: Tele2; LV: Amigo; EE: Elisa; UA: Kyivstar; NZ: Vodafone; INT: UM, UM+, ICQSim.
GSM/3G Phones: Nokia Lumia 630 dual sim

Old
  (#3)
ronniewilliams (Offline)
Amateur Member

Default 20-05-2011, 19:56

In Croatia are the following mobile operators offering prepaid internet access:

T-Mobile
VIP
Tele2
Tomato

Old
  (#4)
Laci (Offline)

Default 06-06-2011, 12:04

Hi. I'm travelling to Croatia. I have an iPad 3G, so I will need a micro SIM card and pre-paid internet. Do you know if any of the providers have Micro SIM cards in any of their packages, or shall I take a big machete with me to cut the SIM card to the required shape?
Thanks.

Old
  (#5)
peterh337

Default 11-06-2011, 14:48

You can get tools on Ebay for punching out a micro-SIM from a standard SIM. I paid about GBP 10 for mine.

Is the Sinpa a SIM-only deal which "just works" or does one have to put it into a phone, mess about with text messages, etc, first?