PrePaidGSM.net Forum (Archived)

Old
  (#1)
Timo (Offline)
Amateur Member

Default Best prepaid for data usage in Austria? - 05-07-2008, 15:01

Hi!

I'm looking for best prepaid for data usage in Austria. I'm going to use it only for data, so call or sms prices doesn't matter to me.

After I looked for prepaid offers listed for Austria, the most interesting is 3ReLoad, with only 0,15€/MB price. This raised question into my mind whether this price applies only to 3's own network or is this price also valid while roaming nationally in A1's network? I'm asking this because there doesn't seem to be 3's own network even close to the place where I'm going.

The second best option seems to be Telering with their 2€/MB price (not so cheap, but much more reasonable price than roaming with with my postpaid card).

So have I made right conclusions or have I missed something? Is there something else which should be taken into account before going and buying either of these?

Old
  (#2)
heinz57g (Offline)
Amateur Member

Default 05-07-2008, 17:41

timo, you need some german, but check this:

- http://www.yesss.at/diskont-surfen/index.php?id=T00

greetings - heinz

Old
  (#3)
Timo (Offline)
Amateur Member

Default 06-07-2008, 18:46

Thank you very much for this useful information! Even though my German skills are really limited this sounds good offer and I think this will be my choice

I tried to look for coverage map to check whether they have 3G network available in place where I'm going or not, but with no luck (only thing I found was list of postal codes and town names, which unfortunately wasn't really useful for me). Only maps I found was in gsmworld.com, but there was available only their gsm coverage map - no 3G at all. Is there available any map of their 3G converage? Or is there any information where they have edge available?

Another information which I was looking for, but wasn't able to find, was settings for using this service. Mainly I was looking for the apn to use, but if any other information is available, I would gladly hear it

Old
  (#4)
Timo (Offline)
Amateur Member

Default 06-07-2008, 19:12

I managed to found settings for using this connection \o/ Still no luck with coverage maps

In case someone else is also looking for this information, apn is web.yesss.at and no user name or password.

Old
  (#5)
petkow (Offline)
Prepaid Pioneer

Default 27-05-2009, 12:41

It's been a while since this has been updated, but is Yesss still the best option for data in Austria?

I will be there for 2 weeks in the summer, and need something basic only for data useage (Nokia maps, emails, surfing for info etc.) Will probably just do so whilst roaming, unless there is something amazingly cheap that will make it worthwhile for me to pick up a local SIM.

Old
  (#6)
9eor9 (Offline)
Prepaid Expert

Default 27-05-2009, 12:48

Quote:
Originally Posted by heinz57g View Post
timo, you need some german, but check this:

- ::: YESSS! diskont-surfen :::

greetings - heinz

These yesss! SIMs and also laptop sticks (simlockfree, with SIM and 2 GB balance for 55€) are available in Austria in every HOFER supermarket shop. (HOFER = austrian version of ALDI)

Old
  (#7)
petkow (Offline)
Prepaid Pioneer

Default 27-05-2009, 13:23

Thanks. Seems like a decent deal. Most things from Aldi are I guess!

So I take it that is 9,99 for a SIM which inludes 512MB? Does anyone know if using voice with that SIM, are the rates the same as on their other SIM deals?
Angebote: ::: YESSS! diskont-surfen :::

Old
  (#8)
dg7feq (Offline)
Prepaid Guru

Default 27-05-2009, 16:12

Quote:
Originally Posted by petkow View Post
Thanks. Seems like a decent deal. Most things from Aldi are I guess!

So I take it that is 9,99 for a SIM which inludes 512MB? Does anyone know if using voice with that SIM, are the rates the same as on their other SIM deals?
Angebote: ::: YESSS! diskont-surfen :::
voice is charged 9ct/min all networks.
http://www.yesss.at/downloads/Entgeltuebersicht.pdf (chapter 1.7.1)

Chris

Germany: o2 blue all-in L, simquadrat
Thailand: truemove (phone+sms+wifi)
International: xxSim+372, toggle +44/+49/+41/+31
Phones: Huawei Mate7, Huawei P9

Old
  (#9)
petkow (Offline)
Prepaid Pioneer

Default 07-07-2009, 16:11

Does anybody have any experience of using Yesss for VOIP calls? Are there any issues I need to be aware of?

I know some networks try and block VOIP access (e.g. Yoigo Spain). Other than that I have been having a lot of success with Betamax VOIP over 3G data in various places. It uses about 1MB/min using the built in SIP client on Nokia E series phones. I'm very impressed so far... the voice quality seems just as good as GSM (or better)... though it just eats through the handset battery!

I have a few weeks coming up in Austria and was thinking of picking up a Yesss SIM, and ideally would love to make calls via the same SIP client if I can.

Old
  (#10)
petkow (Offline)
Prepaid Pioneer

Default 17-05-2010, 10:34

Continuing on from OT discussion from another thread: http://www.prepaidgsm.net/forum/euro...uk-trip-3.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by vegemite View Post
Works for me then.. Does this Yesss have coverage across Austria and out of the towns?
Yesss is an MVNO on the Orange network in Austria. They have good coverage that you can easily find online.

Vegemite. As the topic was going off topic from the title thread where you were asking the questions, I suggest discussing it here, as more people who have used Yesss may pick up on the thread title and answer your questions.