PrePaidGSM.net Forum (Archived)

Old
  (#1)
jmb7 (Offline)

Default Deactivating Vodafone Sim - 29-08-2011, 10:50

How to deactivate Vodafone Sempre Smart option /1GB for 1 month/.
I start using it almost a week ego, but I no longer need it, as I am leaving Italy.
How to deactivate it Please confirm.

Thanks in advance

Old
  (#2)
Effendi (Offline)
The great Dictator!
Prepaid Prophet

Default 29-08-2011, 14:38

You have to call 190 and ask them to deactivate. Or go to a Vodafone shop and ask them to deactivate it. AFAIK there's no automatic way (via SMS) like with TIM or Wind.

Working Prepaids: IT: Wind, Vodafone IT, UNO Mobile; SM: Prima; UK: 3, Virgin; INT: TravelSIM, Truphone.
Deceased Prepaids: CZ: Oskar, Eurotel; SK: Orange; DE: E-Plus, Aldi, Simyo; GE: Geocell; AM: Armentel; PL: Heyah, Plus; LT: Tele2; LV: Amigo; EE: Elisa; UA: Kyivstar; NZ: Vodafone; INT: UM, UM+, ICQSim.
GSM/3G Phones: Nokia Lumia 630 dual sim

Old
  (#3)
jmb7 (Offline)

Default 30-08-2011, 08:53

Effendi, thanks again for the swift reply.

I have two more questions:

If I call 190 how to switch language from Italian to English? If I call this number all info is in Italian.
The person from the shop who was activating the sim for me might be using a sim and calling 190. He might choose Italian.
If it is possible and may be done automatically can anyone give the numbers sequence I should press?

Is it correct that I can call Client Service /190 number/ and deactivate services from outside Italy? I have on the sim the following number for Client Service +39 3492000190

Thanks again

Old
  (#4)
Effendi (Offline)
The great Dictator!
Prepaid Prophet

Default 30-08-2011, 10:26

I don't have a Vodafone prepaid sim-card so I cannot check the correct sequence for you. AFAIK 190 is in Italian only and people working there probably only speak Italian as well.
You can call from abroad but you pay an international roaming rate. My suggestion is to ask an Italian friend to help you while you are still in Italy.

Working Prepaids: IT: Wind, Vodafone IT, UNO Mobile; SM: Prima; UK: 3, Virgin; INT: TravelSIM, Truphone.
Deceased Prepaids: CZ: Oskar, Eurotel; SK: Orange; DE: E-Plus, Aldi, Simyo; GE: Geocell; AM: Armentel; PL: Heyah, Plus; LT: Tele2; LV: Amigo; EE: Elisa; UA: Kyivstar; NZ: Vodafone; INT: UM, UM+, ICQSim.

Old
  (#5)
DocEmmettBrown (Offline)

Default 03-09-2011, 12:22

Another way could be to register your sim on www.190.it, and then deactivate the option on the website. But, again, it's italian-only.

Old
  (#6)
jmb7 (Offline)

Default 08-09-2011, 11:14

Finally I called 190 number when I was leaving Italy and stopped at IT/AT border. I tried in English. After choosing some options I was connected with the guy who did not speak English, but was able to transfer me to a girl that was quite fluent in English.

I hope I was able to deactivate the services. After a call, although I used internet for a week from activation it stopped working immediately. When I finished a call I also got the following text message:

"Ti informiamo che Internet Sempre Smart e' strata disattivata"

Old
  (#7)
Effendi (Offline)
The great Dictator!
Prepaid Prophet

Default 09-09-2011, 07:17

Yes, it should be deactivated regularly. I really don't understand why such a big operator as Vodafone doesn't use ussd or SMS codes for activation/deactivation of options...

Old
  (#8)
TraceyJ (Offline)
Amateur Member

Default 16-09-2011, 08:37

I have a related question if anyone can help please? I'm currently in Italy and on the Summer Internet offer with Vodafone which is 1 euro a day for internet (200mb at decent speed) for 30 days. I'm leaving tomorrow and have worked out how to deactivate the offer via 190.it but will I be able to then activate an internet option next June when I return using the same sim card? Will I be able to top up via 190.it?

Thank you
Tracey

PS last year I bought a wind card for internet but failed to top up before the card expired - this year the same shop wouldn't sell me a wind card as I was a tourist - not sure if anyone else has had this problem?

Old
  (#9)
Effendi (Offline)
The great Dictator!
Prepaid Prophet

Default 17-09-2011, 14:41

We really have bad dealers in Italy... of course anyone can activate any sim-card. They just needed to sell more Vodafone cards so they invented they couldn't sell you a Wind one.
Vodafone cards last 11 months plus 1 for refilling. So if you refill before the deadline you can use it next year as well. I fear you cannot refill via 190.it without an Italian credit card, but you can refill with Vodafone UK vouchers or just buy an Italian Vodafone voucher and use it after some months.

Old
  (#10)
TraceyJ (Offline)
Amateur Member

Default 17-09-2011, 15:38

Thank you Effendi