PrePaidGSM.net Forum (Archived)

Old
  (#1)
Keighleyboy (Offline)
Advanced Member

Default 01-06-2006, 18:38

I need help registering/activating a WIND sim card that i have bought, then secondly put it on "Mega No Limit" tariff.

Thank you anyone for your help.

Old
  (#2)
Effendi (Offline)
The great Dictator!
Prepaid Prophet

Default 01-06-2006, 19:25

Sorry I don't get the point. Did you buy it from us? If so the simcard is already active. If you bought it in Italy at a shop it should active as well. If you bought it from someone else I cannot help you. Wind prepaid cards are preactivated, from the moment Wind receives your documents (passport, CF) they enable it to make and receive calls, there's nothing you have to do on your own.

To activate the Mega NoLimit just send an SMS to 4533 writing MEGA SI.
There's a topic about Wind data offers HERE.

Working Prepaids: IT: Wind, Vodafone IT, UNO Mobile; SM: Prima; UK: 3, Virgin; INT: TravelSIM, Truphone.
Deceased Prepaids: CZ: Oskar, Eurotel; SK: Orange; DE: E-Plus, Aldi, Simyo; GE: Geocell; AM: Armentel; PL: Heyah, Plus; LT: Tele2; LV: Amigo; EE: Elisa; UA: Kyivstar; NZ: Vodafone; INT: UM, UM+, ICQSim.
GSM/3G Phones: Nokia Lumia 630 dual sim

Old
  (#3)
Keighleyboy (Offline)
Advanced Member

Default 02-06-2006, 16:19

I bought it over ebay as new, i know its number and have got CF code online, but have got nowhere in trying to activate it.

Old
  (#4)
Triband81 (Offline)
Prepaid Pioneer

Default 02-06-2006, 21:44

Does the WIND SIM actually register with any networks? Try registering with a UK network manually. Some SIM cards are still set up to require the user to register the SIM card by connecting to the home network for the 1st time before you can roam with it.

Old
  (#5)
Keighleyboy (Offline)
Advanced Member

Default 02-06-2006, 22:52

Will not register onto any of the UK networks

Old
  (#6)
Effendi (Offline)
The great Dictator!
Prepaid Prophet

Default 03-06-2006, 12:54

Did you give your passport and CF to the seller? I suppose HE/SHE has to register it with Wind if he's a dealer. Or you could send a fax to Wind but in this moment I don't know the number... I ask Andrea, he should be more informed than me on this subject...

Anyway: don't buy Italian sim-cards on eBay or from people you don't know, they will probably rip you off and give you just a piece of plastic. If you want to be sure to have it working, buy it from a Wind dealer in Italy, or here on this site. We don't get any money for them, but surely we are reliable.

Working Prepaids: IT: Wind, Vodafone IT, UNO Mobile; SM: Prima; UK: 3, Virgin; INT: TravelSIM, Truphone.
Deceased Prepaids: CZ: Oskar, Eurotel; SK: Orange; DE: E-Plus, Aldi, Simyo; GE: Geocell; AM: Armentel; PL: Heyah, Plus; LT: Tele2; LV: Amigo; EE: Elisa; UA: Kyivstar; NZ: Vodafone; INT: UM, UM+, ICQSim.

Old
  (#7)
Keighleyboy (Offline)
Advanced Member

Default 04-06-2006, 19:15

Seller didn't not ask me for either or register the card

Old
  (#8)
Effendi (Offline)
The great Dictator!
Prepaid Prophet

Default 04-06-2006, 19:33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keighleyboy
Seller didn't not ask me for either or register the card
Yeah, I guessed that... bad seller indeed, Italian simcards without registration are just a piece of plastic.

Write an e-mail to info@prepaidgsm.net with your number and a copy of your passport and we see what we can do with it, ok?

Old
  (#9)
Keighleyboy (Offline)
Advanced Member

Default 18-06-2006, 19:15

Have now sent an email to the above with the information needed

Thank You

Old
  (#10)
AndreA (Offline)
Administrator
Prepaid Genius

Default 21-06-2006, 08:45

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keighleyboy
Have now sent an email to the above with the information needed
Hope that you can activate the simcard soon Just sent your details!

...for other guys... next time buy directly from us or use this document: https://155.libero.it/155/moduli/MODULO2249.PDF

ANTPEAΣ AΠO THN ΦΛΩPENTIA
My Phones:
iPhone 2G, E65, N70, P910 DVB-H, A835, 6630, 7600, 6210, S55, T39
"Working" PrePaids: IT: Wind, H3G, Vodafone, Tim, CoopVoce, Poste Mobile, Telepass Mobile,
Uno Mobile - CH: OrangeClick - RSM: Prima Easy - UK: O2, H3G - INT: United Mobile, TravelSim, ICQ SIM
"Deceased" PrePaids: IT: Blu - AT: H3G - FR: Itineris - ES: Yoigo - GR: Cosmote, Frog - HR: Tele2 - UK: Virgin, Orange TO: UCall - NZ: Vodafone - IN: Hutch - CAN: Fido - USA: T-Mobile - INT: Travelfone, CallKey, Globalsim, HopMobile, GT, 09, Mobal, Yackiemobile

ITALIAN TLC BLOG