PrePaidGSM.net Forum (Archived)

Old
  (#1)
inquisitor (Offline)
Prepaid Professionist

Default Vodafone Germany selling unlocked 3G/HSDPA/USB-modem "K3565-Z" for just € 10 - 16-08-2010, 14:11

Just wanted to let you folks know, that since today Vodafone Germany are selling an unlocked 3G/USB-modem supporting HSDPA with up to 3.6 MBit/s and both European 3G frequencies (UMTS 900/2100) for just € 10 including a prepaid Vodafone SIM (and probably vouchers for a couple of hours of free internet access).
This promotional offer is prepaid (so without any commitment) and available online (with free shipping) and in local Vodafone stores.
For replacing the Vodafone software with the original unbranded software from the manufacturer (ZTE) called "ZTE Join Air", check out the 3G modem wiki.

terminals: Samsung: Galaxy S5 DuoS (G900FD); BLU: Win HD LTE; Nokia: 1200; Asus: Fonepad 7 ME372CG; Huawei data: E3372, Vodafone R201, K3765, E1762;
postpaid: O2 on Business XL; prepaid: DE: Aldi Talk, Lidl; UK: 3; BG: MTel, vivacom; RU: MTS; RS: MTS; UAE: du Tourist SIM; INT'L: toggle mobile
VoIP: sipgate.de (German DID); sipgate.co.uk (British DID); ukddi.com (British DID); sipcall.ch (Swiss DID); megafon.bg (Bulgarian DID); InterVoip.com

Old
  (#2)
bauruine (Offline)

Default 19-08-2010, 15:54

Hello inquistor,

great information. I just ordered one, and I hope debrandinmg works as easy as described.

regards bauruine

Old
  (#3)
dg7feq (Offline)
Prepaid Guru

Default 19-08-2010, 20:31

Thanks for the info,
my brother forgot his UMTS stick and will travel to italy tomorrow, so he will stop at a vodafone store and download the debranded dashboard before

Chris

Germany: o2 blue all-in L, simquadrat
Thailand: truemove (phone+sms+wifi)
International: xxSim+372, toggle +44/+49/+41/+31
Phones: Huawei Mate7, Huawei P9

Old
  (#4)
bylo (Offline)
Prepaid Expert

Default 19-08-2010, 21:17

Quote:
Originally Posted by inquisitor View Post
an unlocked 3G/USB-modem
The link says, "Besonderheiten*WebSessions USB-Stick K3565 Simlock SIM-Lock"

Phones: OnePlus 5 • Nexus 5
SIMs: CA Fido/Fongo • AT A1-B.free • Google Fi
R.I.P.: UM • UM+

Old
  (#5)
inquisitor (Offline)
Prepaid Professionist

Default 19-08-2010, 21:48

Vodafone Germany have been declaring their 3G sticks as SIM- or netlocked since they were introduced. But in fact the only restriction their sticks have had so far is the dashboard software, which doesn't connect to non-Vodafone networks. But if you download an unbranded dashboard from the web (like ZTE Join Air), you have a completely unlocked device. And by the "hard method" mentioned above, you can even replace the installation files in the flash memory of the stick, so your stick will automatically install ZTE Join Air instead of Vodafone's dashboard if plugged into a new computer.
If you still have doubts, check the user comments on this recent Vodafone promotion at mydealz.de. There you'll also find instructions on how you can get that 3G-stick practically for free by registering for a cashback-serivce called qipu.de. These guys will refund € 10 by bank transfer or PayPal shortly after ordering the stick through a referal-link on their website. Regardless of this refund you will have to pay € 10 for the stick in cash on delivery to the delivering parcel service.
Of course this refund is only available when ordering online.

terminals: Samsung: Galaxy S5 DuoS (G900FD); BLU: Win HD LTE; Nokia: 1200; Asus: Fonepad 7 ME372CG; Huawei data: E3372, Vodafone R201, K3765, E1762;
postpaid: O2 on Business XL; prepaid: DE: Aldi Talk, Lidl; UK: 3; BG: MTel, vivacom; RU: MTS; RS: MTS; UAE: du Tourist SIM; INT'L: toggle mobile
VoIP: sipgate.de (German DID); sipgate.co.uk (British DID); ukddi.com (British DID); sipcall.ch (Swiss DID); megafon.bg (Bulgarian DID); InterVoip.com

Old
  (#6)
inquisitor (Offline)
Prepaid Professionist

Default 27-08-2010, 13:37

After the K3565-Z, which Vodafone sold until yesterday, has apparently been sold out in their online shop, they now offer the HSUPA-capable K3765-HV (produced by Huawei) for the same price and it's unlocked. You just need to run a dashboard update in order to replace the Vodafone software by Huawei's Mobile Partner: Huawei K3765-HV (Vodafone) - 3G modem wiki)

Old
  (#7)
bauruine (Offline)

Default 31-08-2010, 15:41

hello inquisitor,
Quote:
Originally Posted by inquisitor View Post
Vodafone Germany have been declaring their 3G sticks as SIM- or netlocked since they were introduced. But in fact the only restriction their sticks have had so far is the dashboard software, ...
Delivery needed 3 working days. Unlocking was done in about 10 minutes and works fine. The new software is preconfigured for all German providers and worked fine with O2 (fonic).

There was a prepaid Vadofone SIM included with voucher numbers for 1 h each. Using the first worked for several hours - maybe because I often deactivated Javascript within that session.

bauruine

Old
  (#8)
pilipou (Offline)

Smile Any one try the unlocked modem without prepaid? - 13-09-2010, 07:52

Any one try the unlocked k3565 series modem without prepaid?
like this vodafone k3565 unlocked modem
K3565 [9] - $72.00 : 3G USB Modem, Data Card
And I also wonder the difference between k3565 and k3565-z modem.
Thanks in advance.