PrePaidGSM.net Forum (Archived)

Old
  (#21)
flodis79 (Offline)
Prepaid Fan

Default 01-11-2006, 10:07

http://www.telefon-treff.de/showthread.php...15&pagenumber=1

One person on this forum in this thread, called Wind customer care several times, and, as I understand it with my catastrophic German, two of the times, they told him it was a typing error on the web site, and it should be 0.9 euroCENT /kb.
If so, the price has actually gone DOWN from 1.5 euroCENT /kb to 0.9 euroCENT /kb? Can that actually be true? Actually the sms sent out about the price change didn't overtly say that it is indeed an increase in price, just a CHANGE of price, so maybe we're lucky!

Old
  (#22)
dg7feq (Offline)
Prepaid Guru

Default 01-11-2006, 10:57

Quote:
Originally Posted by flodis79
http://www.telefon-treff.de/showthread.php...15&pagenumber=1

One person on this forum in this thread, called Wind customer care several times, and, as I understand it with my catastrophic German, two of the times, they told him it was a typing error on the web site, and it should be 0.9 euroCENT /kb.
If so, the price has actually gone DOWN from 1.5 euroCENT /kb to 0.9 euroCENT /kb? Can that actually be true? Actually the sms sent out about the price change didn't overtly say that it is indeed an increase in price, just a CHANGE of price, so maybe we're lucky!
Nearly correct.
I think you referred to this quote:

Quote:
http://www.telefon-treff.de/showthread.php...166#post2094166
Mich hat die Preiserh?hung von Wind hier mindestens genauso kalt erwischt, wie alle anderen hier im Forum. Habe jetzt f?nfmal hintereinander bei der 155 angerufen: Nachdem sich die Nachricht zuerst im Call-Center noch nicht herumgesprochen zu haben schien, so lautete die Auskunft bei den letzten beiden Anrufen ?bereinstimmend, dass es sich um einen Druckfehler handeln soll und der Preis "nur" um das sechsfache steigen wird, d.h. 9 Cents/kB. Der Fehler auf der Website soll angeblich wieder korrigiert werden.
he writes that the customer care told him (in 5 different calls to make sure) that the price will raise to 9ct/kb not to 90ct/kb and that they will correct the typo soon.

But i am not sure about this.
If you calculate with 90ct/kbyte the prices are still quite a lot reduced compared with the regular roaming tariff.

MEGA: 3.25 MB for 20 Euro - regular price would be 48 Euro
MEGA 1500: 16.5 MB for 30 Euro - regular price would be 248 Euro....

Germany: o2 blue all-in L, simquadrat
Thailand: truemove (phone+sms+wifi)
International: xxSim+372, toggle +44/+49/+41/+31
Phones: Huawei Mate7, Huawei P9

Old
  (#23)
ticex (Offline)
Advanced Member

Default 01-11-2006, 12:10

I really do believe that the original assumption of the price rise to 90ct/kb is correct. Afterall the usage of the mega-no-limit abroad was kind of a loophole and must have been costing Wind money in a way. So, in my opinion it was only a matter of time before something like this happened especially as more and more people started using this service abroad.

After dealing with many different phone companies in different countries I really have little faith in what the customer services say so to have a definitive answer we'll all just probably have to wait and see. As dg7feq mentions the new cost of data on the 30 Euro tariff is still a reasonable deal....nowhere near as good as before but still overall acceptable.

Old
  (#24)
Jim Quan (Offline)

Default 01-11-2006, 16:14

Well, I picked up a SIM yesterday, activated the Mega no limit. This morning I downloaded about 200 kb or so of emails while roaming in Germany.

Thereafter I could not login and when I checked my balance it was negative but
the data counter still showed a balance of 3000 euro and minimal data useage.

The numbers don't work out but it doesn't seem to be a bargain any longer and I didn't even get any useage out of it. It would have to be 90 euro cents per kb to empty a brand new sim which had a balance of 55 euro.

Anyone have the direct dial # to customer service?

Jim

Old
  (#25)
faquick (Offline)
Prepaid Fan

Default 01-11-2006, 17:37

Jim,

it looks strange... maybe when you used it the option was not active yet?

anyway customer care number is : 155 from Italy

if you're not in Italy, don't use direct dial, instead use: *124*155# for the callback, this way the call will be free

fab---

Name: Fabrizio
Some of my prepaid SIM cards: United Mobile Plus + 3ITA + I WIND + TIM + vodafone IT + 3 UK + O2 UK + Prima
My phones: HTC Desire + BlackBerry 9700

Old
  (#26)
Tomek

Default 01-11-2006, 18:36

Quote:
Well, I picked up a SIM yesterday, activated the Mega no limit. This morning I downloaded about 200 kb or so of emails while roaming in Germany.

Thereafter I could not login and when I checked my balance it was negative but
the data counter still showed a balance of 3000 euro and minimal data useage.

The numbers don't work out but it doesn't seem to be a bargain any longer and I didn't even get any useage out of it. It would have to be 90 euro cents per kb to empty a brand new sim which had a balance of 55 euro.

Anyone have the direct dial # to customer service?

Jim
My guess is your MEGA plan hasn't been activated yet. Did you receive the confirmation SMS from them? It takes some time before WIND activates your MEGA plan - I waited as long as about 12 hours.
By the way - did you activate GPRS first? MEGA won't be active until you activate GPRS (unless your Wind dealer has done so).
In my case I had to send 2 sms-es: GPRS SI and MEGA SI.
Hope this helps B)
Tomek

Old
  (#27)
ticex (Offline)
Advanced Member

Default 01-11-2006, 23:56

Well, I'm sitting in The Netherlands right now roaming on Telfort and it's deducting from the 3000 Euro monthly allowance as per normal at the old rate. I didn't think the "new" rates applied until the beginning of December so for the moment everything seems ok. As the others have said I suspect your mega-no-limit wasn't activated and the data usage came from your credit....mine took over 36 hours to go through when I first set it up earlier in the year.

Old
  (#28)
Jim Quan (Offline)

Default 02-11-2006, 09:42

Yes:

I got the SMS saying the Mega no limit was activated 31 Oct.

I sent 2 SMS - MEGA SI ans GPRS SI

I did not start any data calls while roaming until the next day 1 Nov

Thank You for the suggestions.

Jim

Old
  (#29)
flodis79 (Offline)
Prepaid Fan

Default 02-11-2006, 17:25

Wind have now updated its pricing page on data abroad.

Before it stated 0.9 euro/kb, now it says 0.90 euro/kb and
they have also added this pricing a second time in a coloured
frame.... 0.9 EURO/KB....... Well, I guess that's the final
correction from Wind... I wish I didn't have 45 euro in my
balance because this is a worthless and outrageous deal..

Old
  (#30)
unobtrusive (Offline)
Official Member

Default 03-11-2006, 08:41

WIND just became useless to me. I have it for use in Greece and the UK. Greek local SIM's offer a better deal than WIND now and the UK has unlimited usage on a per-day basis with Orange and T-Mobile (which will have a much lower latency).