PrePaidGSM.net Forum (Archived)

Old
  (#1)
prion (Offline)
Prepaid Pioneer

Default 03-10-2006, 16:56

I recently noticed that Netherlands is no more a free incoming country for 0044 global sims!!

You now have to pay 0,39/min to receive a call!

Incoming calls are also charged in Andorra, Malta, Ukraine from 6/9/06

This is not good. I wonder if other manx based cards have also done this....

I hope this does not mean the end for incoming calls in the Netherlands...

The other global sims have not done so as of yet

Old
  (#2)
andy (Offline)
Prepaid Prophet

Default 04-10-2006, 02:04

It seems a bit stranger than that

If you look on the Callblue website, there is free incoming roaming on Vodafone, but none of the others

maybe it's a mistake, as their announcement about tariff changes doesn't mention this

http://www.callblue.com/website/Rate-Calculator.html

Old
  (#3)
prion (Offline)
Prepaid Pioneer

Default 04-10-2006, 08:05

CallBlue Rate Update - 6th September 2006
Rate Changes effective September 2006 - posted by Callblue GSM

The Global Roaming market is ever expanding with even more pressure being put on networks due to reduce pricing. However as all the networks are being forced to reduce their retail prices by decreasing their margins they in turn have increased their termination or interconnect rates to compensate for lower roaming charges on their own network.

Unfortunately, due to this, our home network based out of Isle of Man, has increased the rates to CallBlue GSM for both SMS and calling.

Therefore in order to cater for this price increase CallBlue GSM has reluctantly done the following:

1. Increased the calling rates. Please click here to see how these changes in pricing affect you.
2. Increased the SMS (Text) rate to $0.38 (21p) per message across all countries.
3. Charged for incoming Calls in the Andorra, Malta, Ukraine and the Netherlands.
[B][U]

Old
  (#4)
AndreA (Offline)
Administrator
Prepaid Genius

Default 04-10-2006, 10:35

Quote:
Originally Posted by prion
Charged for incoming Calls in the Andorra, Malta, Ukraine and the Netherlands.
Me and Carlo are not lucky... we will be in Malta at the end of October and we don't have any free incoming with international simcards (except 09 that I "lost" in PRague... :ranting2: ) :unsure:

ANTPEAΣ AΠO THN ΦΛΩPENTIA
My Phones:
iPhone 2G, E65, N70, P910 DVB-H, A835, 6630, 7600, 6210, S55, T39
"Working" PrePaids: IT: Wind, H3G, Vodafone, Tim, CoopVoce, Poste Mobile, Telepass Mobile,
Uno Mobile - CH: OrangeClick - RSM: Prima Easy - UK: O2, H3G - INT: United Mobile, TravelSim, ICQ SIM
"Deceased" PrePaids: IT: Blu - AT: H3G - FR: Itineris - ES: Yoigo - GR: Cosmote, Frog - HR: Tele2 - UK: Virgin, Orange TO: UCall - NZ: Vodafone - IN: Hutch - CAN: Fido - USA: T-Mobile - INT: Travelfone, CallKey, Globalsim, HopMobile, GT, 09, Mobal, Yackiemobile

ITALIAN TLC BLOG

Old
  (#5)
andy (Offline)
Prepaid Prophet

Default 04-10-2006, 10:43

I meant that the update didn't mention that roaming was free on Vodafone Netherlands, so maybe that was a mistake in the calculator

Old
  (#6)
ticex (Offline)
Advanced Member

Default 05-10-2006, 16:43

Oh dear...this is rather bad news I'm in and out of The Netherlands at least twice a week so this will be a bit of a pain for me.

However, it seems my Callkey based sim (now handled by "simazing") seems to make no mention of these charges Simazing. Does anybody know if this new rate system will effect all Manx based sims or just those provided through callblue?

I'll be in the Netherlands over the weekend so I suppose the simplest way is to test it and see if charges are made.