PrePaidGSM.net Forum (Archived)

Old
  (#41)
ticex (Offline)
Advanced Member

Default 08-11-2006, 05:17

As I mentioned quickly before the Mega 15000 tariff isn't "so" bad even at the new prices for using when roaming at EUR 30 for +/- 16MB. In Belgium the cheapest and only prepaid GPRS deal is EUR 18 for 10MB and that's for use only in Belgium! So, as my mega-no-limit renews on 19/11/06 before this date I'd like to cancel the current option and activate the Mega 15000.

Will simply sending the "MEGA NO" and then the "MEGA 15000 SI" SMS now sort all this out for 19/11/06? Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Old
  (#42)
AndreA (Offline)
Administrator
Prepaid Genius

Default 08-11-2006, 10:39

Quote:
Originally Posted by ticex
Will simply sending the "MEGA NO" and then the "MEGA 15000 SI" SMS now sort all this out for 19/11/06?
Yes... you have to send "MEGA NO" before the last day (you can send it today) and you have to send the new sms for mega 15000 after that day. Maybe it's better the day later.

ANTPEAΣ AΠO THN ΦΛΩPENTIA
My Phones:
iPhone 2G, E65, N70, P910 DVB-H, A835, 6630, 7600, 6210, S55, T39
"Working" PrePaids: IT: Wind, H3G, Vodafone, Tim, CoopVoce, Poste Mobile, Telepass Mobile,
Uno Mobile - CH: OrangeClick - RSM: Prima Easy - UK: O2, H3G - INT: United Mobile, TravelSim, ICQ SIM
"Deceased" PrePaids: IT: Blu - AT: H3G - FR: Itineris - ES: Yoigo - GR: Cosmote, Frog - HR: Tele2 - UK: Virgin, Orange TO: UCall - NZ: Vodafone - IN: Hutch - CAN: Fido - USA: T-Mobile - INT: Travelfone, CallKey, Globalsim, HopMobile, GT, 09, Mobal, Yackiemobile

ITALIAN TLC BLOG

Old
  (#43)
ticex (Offline)
Advanced Member

Default 08-11-2006, 19:40

Thanks Andrea....a great help! I'll sort that out just now...

Old
  (#44)
jdrouven (Offline)

Default 09-11-2006, 09:06

Hi,

I am using the Mega 300 data option and due to the increase of prices I wanted to cancel it. Therefor I sent an SMS to 4533 with MEGA 300 NO in it. I got an SMS in return, that I don't understand, because it is in Italian. Please help me to translate it:
Le abbiamo accreditata il bonus di 300 euro da utilizzare in 30gg per traffica dati. Per conoscere il credito disponibile vada su www.155.it o chiami il 4242.

To me it sounds like the same message I received when avtivating the data option. Is this normal or do I have a problem now?

Thanks for your help.

Old
  (#45)
AndreA (Offline)
Administrator
Prepaid Genius

Default 09-11-2006, 09:56

hi jdrouven... that SMS is informing you that you have another month with that option

Maybe you sent later the deactivation SMS... So you have to wait another month... yhe only nice thing is that unilt 04 Dec. you can use the old tariff.

ANTPEAΣ AΠO THN ΦΛΩPENTIA
My Phones:
iPhone 2G, E65, N70, P910 DVB-H, A835, 6630, 7600, 6210, S55, T39
"Working" PrePaids: IT: Wind, H3G, Vodafone, Tim, CoopVoce, Poste Mobile, Telepass Mobile,
Uno Mobile - CH: OrangeClick - RSM: Prima Easy - UK: O2, H3G - INT: United Mobile, TravelSim, ICQ SIM
"Deceased" PrePaids: IT: Blu - AT: H3G - FR: Itineris - ES: Yoigo - GR: Cosmote, Frog - HR: Tele2 - UK: Virgin, Orange TO: UCall - NZ: Vodafone - IN: Hutch - CAN: Fido - USA: T-Mobile - INT: Travelfone, CallKey, Globalsim, HopMobile, GT, 09, Mobal, Yackiemobile

ITALIAN TLC BLOG

Old
  (#46)
ticex (Offline)
Advanced Member

Default 10-11-2006, 04:18

I cancelled the Mega-no-limit last night by sending the SMS and received another SMS today informing me the option was now cancelled. However, I did have another 10 days left to use up the remaining credit which now seems to have been lost as the credit no longer appears on 155.it! It also seems todays data use (+/- ?5) has been deducted from my normal credit. I'd just assumed that the mega-no-limit would stay on my account until the end of the paid for period. Anyway, not a big problem as I've now activated the Mega 15000 via 155.it so hopefully that will be up and running in time for the weekend when I will be depending on Wind for data access in Poland.

So, a word of warning to anybody considering switching to the Mega 15000...time it better than me as you could end up losing out!

Old
  (#47)
Przemolog (Offline)
Prepaid Guru

Default 10-11-2006, 11:10

Quote:
for the weekend when I will be depending on Wind for data access in Poland.
If Wind failed, you can use in Poland a sim named iPlus simdata. It's data rates are 0.075 EUR/MB GPRS, 0.75 EUR/MB WAP over GPRS, 0.08EUR/min CSD. Cost and inital credit is 20 PLN (about 5 EUR) so the inital credit is enough for about 66 MB. EDGE and UMTS are available. The only problem may be availbility of the sim - it's available mainly from Plus delares which might be closed on 11th Nov (national holiday).

Old
  (#48)
ticex (Offline)
Advanced Member

Default 10-11-2006, 16:22

Thanks for that tip...that Polish sim sounds very interesting. Is there a limited validity on it - ie. does it have to be topped up by a certain amount every now and then? If it lasts like a year I might just grab one to use in Poland as I will be visiting every month or two in the future.

For this visit I'm sorted though....I got the SMS a short while ago saying the Wind Mega 15000 was now active on my account. However, the credit still doesn't show up on 155.it but I've made a couple of short connections and they don't seem to be coming from my remaining EUR 3.50 of standard credit so it's all good!

Old
  (#49)
Przemolog (Offline)
Prepaid Guru

Default 10-11-2006, 16:48

Quote:
Thanks for that tip...that Polish sim sounds very interesting. Is there a limited validity on it - ie. does it have to be topped up by a certain amount every now and then? If it lasts like a year I might just grab one to use in Poland as I will be visiting every month or two in the future.
This is it:
http://www.prepaidgsm.net/en/polonia/iplus.html
The only incorrect on the above page infos are: international SMS is now 0.61 PLN and not available in Karen Notebook shops any more.
SIM is valid for a year since the moment outgoing calls expire or the credit drops to zero. The downsides are: very expensive voice calls, no voice mail, no roaming (even for incoming sms).

What city are you going to visit in Poland? If I know, I'll be able to locate dealers that sell iPlus simdata and are open next weekend.

Old
  (#50)
ticex (Offline)
Advanced Member

Default 10-11-2006, 18:15

Thanks so much for the info! Really a great help B)

I'm going first to my friends place in Leszno tomorrow night then for work on Monday to Poznan, Tuesday to Wroclaw and Wednesday back to Poznan. Leszno is a bit out in the countryside but when I was there in July EDGE was working very well with the Wind mega-no-limit on Plus and I even had a SIP phone working over it at one point!

The coverage maps are very good...really nice to see an operator actually clearly show where they have EDGE. Back in the UK I don't even think the network CS people even know what EDGE is let alone be able to tell you where or if they have coverage! For the moment I actually prefer EDGE to UMTS as it doesn't zap the battery life of the handset as much, suffers less from dropped connections and for pure internet access seems just about as fast. Of course here in Belgium I've been told Proximus now has the UMTS network up to 1.8MB/s providing you use a compatible handset but as my Nokia N70 only supports 384 KB/s UMTS it's not such a big jump over EDGE rates.