PrePaidGSM.net Forum (Archived)

Old
  (#441)
inquisitor (Offline)
Prepaid Professionist

Default 14-08-2014, 16:13

Quote:
Originally Posted by peterdoo View Post
For US and Australia this might be a good offer. However for the EU it is a great disappointment. With the spanish Orange SIM Mundo, I can get 100 MB/day @ 1 EUR. This is 1 GB at 10 EUR or 3GB within 30 days at 30 EUR only. In all EU countries except Spain. Toggle rates of 0,67 GBP/MB in the EU are abusive, far over the EU caps.
I totally agree with that. These data packs are way too expensive. As long as toggle doesn't offer inbound MNP and so I have to use a second domestic SIM for voice which gives me much cheaper domestic data, I am not ready to pay this premium. Also I won't even need so much data volume as long as I have to use a second domestic SIM for my busines number.
That said I would be ready to pay GBP 7.50 for 500MB but not more. Now that AldiTalk offers that 150 minutes pack for voice calls from EU and EEU countries and Switzerland to all these countries (which converts into € 0.033 if fully consumed) I rarely use toggle abroad. Actually I mostly use toggle for international calls from Germany, so toggle has lost pretty much of its attractiveness for me.

terminals: Samsung: Galaxy S5 DuoS (G900FD); BLU: Win HD LTE; Nokia: 1200; Asus: Fonepad 7 ME372CG; Huawei data: E3372, Vodafone R201, K3765, E1762;
postpaid: O2 on Business XL; prepaid: DE: Aldi Talk, Lidl; UK: 3; BG: MTel, vivacom; RU: MTS; RS: MTS; UAE: du Tourist SIM; INT'L: toggle mobile
VoIP: sipgate.de (German DID); sipgate.co.uk (British DID); ukddi.com (British DID); sipcall.ch (Swiss DID); megafon.bg (Bulgarian DID); InterVoip.com

Last edited by inquisitor; 14-08-2014 at 16:19..

Old
  (#442)
UKSTEVE (Offline)
Prepaid Expert

Red face 15-08-2014, 19:02

It's worth remembering that the Toggle data deals are valid across country borders, so if you are country-hopping you pay for one 30-day session for the countries concerned.

In terms of convenience, since I use Toggle for voice calls in my dual SIM handset when outside the UK, it's pretty good.

+Steve

[size=2]Steve Gold
PO Box 1014, Sheffield S10 5YG, UK

Home mobie: Telefonica O2
Other UK mobiles: 3, Vodafone, Virgin

Foreign SIMs: Toggle (multi); Germany (Fonic); Poland (Orange PL);

Old
  (#443)
inquisitor (Offline)
Prepaid Professionist

Default 15-08-2014, 20:24

Quote:
Originally Posted by UKSTEVE View Post
It's worth remembering that the Toggle data deals are valid across country borders, so if you are country-hopping you pay for one 30-day session for the countries concerned.
Sure, but toggle SIM cards can store only 9 IMSIs and you cannot replace an IMSI, so the data volume is limited to the first 9 countries out of currently 13 toggle countries you first request a local number from. Further to that although toggle covers Europe's largest markets their geographical footprint is still patchy. Lastly with toggle you pay for a whole month of far overpriced data but few people will actually be travelling the whole month. On average I personally do not spend more than a week per month abroad.

For roaming in Europe I will definitely stick to my German AldiTalk SIM card which is much more flexible and better matches my requirements.
Their "EU Internet Paket 150" gives me 150MB for € 4.99 valid for 7 days in all EU countries + EEU countries + Switzerland. This converts into € 33.26 per GB compared to € 24.93 for 1GB with toggle. That's a premium of 33% but I can buy my data volume in smaller chunks and so don't run the risk of buying too much volume.
Further to that they offer the "EU Sprach Paket 150" for € 4.99 which includes 150 minutes from the same countries as above to mobiles and landlines in all these countries + Germany. If you fully consume those minutes you end up with a price of € 0.033 per minute. Even if you don't buy this pack, calls to these countries + Germany are charged with modest € 0.11/min and incoming calls are free by default. Unless you call a destination outside of Europe AldiTalk is much cheaper for voice.

That said toggle would only be interesting for me if I travel to a toggle country outside Europe, which leaves only the US and Australia.

terminals: Samsung: Galaxy S5 DuoS (G900FD); BLU: Win HD LTE; Nokia: 1200; Asus: Fonepad 7 ME372CG; Huawei data: E3372, Vodafone R201, K3765, E1762;
postpaid: O2 on Business XL; prepaid: DE: Aldi Talk, Lidl; UK: 3; BG: MTel, vivacom; RU: MTS; RS: MTS; UAE: du Tourist SIM; INT'L: toggle mobile
VoIP: sipgate.de (German DID); sipgate.co.uk (British DID); ukddi.com (British DID); sipcall.ch (Swiss DID); megafon.bg (Bulgarian DID); InterVoip.com

Last edited by inquisitor; 15-08-2014 at 20:37..

Old
  (#444)
bourbonkiller (Offline)
Prepaid Fan

Default 15-08-2014, 21:44

sorry guys, but some of you are really insane. Talking of "overpriced data" for a 20 Pound / 1 GB package valid throughout the Toggle Mobile countries is just ILL.

Here is a overview of some roaming charges from different providers:

• 3 AT - 1 GB / 30 days / EUR 50
  • Swisscom CH - 1 GB / 30 days / 79 CHF (66 EUR)
  • Vodafone DE prepaid: 700 MB / 2 weeks / 25 EUR
  • T-Mobile DE - 150 MB fast data (but flat without speed) / week / 14.95
Thanks for UKSTEVE's comment. I really like my ALDI / Medion Mobile SIM, and I really hate her when I use it specially in Germany and have no coverage with E-Plus. But trying to sell a advantage of 4x150 MB for 19,96 EUR in 28 days over 1 GB for GBP 20,00 valid for 30 days is like looking at our world through pink glasses.

If you don't need 1 GB per month, don't buy it - but making it bad by calling it overpriced is just not fair. We are not discussing billing cycles or personal needs here. We simply look at 1 GB Data-Roaming for 30 days and for that it's bloody cheap. Can anyone show me a cheaper offer for 1 GB Multi-National Data valid for 30 days?

I can see Inquisitors point quite clear, I have a 250 MB roaming package on my 3 AT contract and it's more than enough for what I need on my mobile. But there is my swiss mobile (20 CHF per month for 1 GB) and if I travel to Germany the local data package and when I am in UK maybe another local package. That all sum's up and could be easily covered by 1 GB of Toggle Multi-National Data. And at the end it will be cheaper and only one Simcard to top up.

I have bought that 1 GB Package and will post my thoughts on it as I will travel in Switzerland, Spain and Germany in the next 30 days.

Mobiles: iPhone 7+, iPhone 7, iPhone SE, Blackberry Priv, Honor 8, Lumia 950
Prepaid-SIM: 3 UK, Save Money Sim, Toggle Mobile UK, XX-Sim, Koko Mobile

Last edited by bourbonkiller; 15-08-2014 at 22:04..

Old
  (#445)
inquisitor (Offline)
Prepaid Professionist

Default 15-08-2014, 22:00

Quote:
Originally Posted by bourbonkiller View Post
But trying to sell a advantage of 4x150 MB for 19,96 EUR in 28 days over 1 GB for GBP 20,00 valid for 30 days is like looking at our world through pink glasses.
You miss an important point I made, namely that toggle works in 9 vs. 32 countries where AldiTalk's tariffs are valid, and that you can buy your data volume in smaller chunks, which - in my opinion - easily justifies the premium of 33%.
On a side note I do expect a mannered tone from you even if you disagree with my opinion.

P.S.: If you consider my comparison as unfair what should I say about your comparison with four incumbents totally ignoring peterdoo's reference to the Spanish Orange Mundo SIM?

Last edited by inquisitor; 15-08-2014 at 22:15..

Old
  (#446)
Donal (Offline)
Amateur Member

Default 15-08-2014, 22:15

Quote:
Originally Posted by inquisitor View Post
On a side note I do expect a mannered tone from you even if you disagree with my opinion.

Ha, ha, ha!

I heard a similar "fly-on-the-wall" comment exactly one hundred years ago. I hope this doesn't get me banned!

Old
  (#447)
bourbonkiller (Offline)
Prepaid Fan

Default 15-08-2014, 22:18

@ Inquisitor, I got your point quite right, but that might be your personal need or flavour. Take it the other way round. You sit in your hotel room, no free WIFI and need to download one or more large files (presentations, PDF etc.) from your Skydrive or Dropbox. With 150 MB a week you are quickly down to zero, aren't you? Regarding the tone, I absolutely agree with the manners, altough I havent mentioned any names in my previous post?!

All personal feelings and preferences aside, we are still not talking about billing cycles since this is the Toggle forum and we are discussing the 1 GB Multi-National Data valid for 30 days. If we all get back to that topic, do you know any cheaper Multi-National Data package containing 1 GB in Multiple Countries valid for 30 days?

If you can show me another offer that comes even close to that price (or cheaper), we can start discussing seriously about the "overpriced".

Old
  (#448)
bourbonkiller (Offline)
Prepaid Fan

Default 15-08-2014, 22:50

@ Inquisitor

It is getting confusing and hard to follow with edits of post whilst the other writes a new reply.

You are all Masters of prepaid gsm knowledge. But with all respect, this is the Toggle Forum, we are discussing above mentioned package 1 GB, Multi-National Data. It is not 1 week 150 MB or 1 day 100 MB. It is not about the good or bad of shorter time or smaller amount of data.

It's 1 GB, 30 days. Fullstop. You can use that 1 GB within one, two or three days - or you may not use the whole at all.

You can only compare it with other 1 GB Multinational Data offers valid for 30 days. I have only found far more expensive offers from competitors for the same package. Calling that offer overpriced without proving it with a cheaper example of THE SAME, is unfair. Comparing 1 week or daily offers is like comparing apples with pears. And again, our personal feelings or favours do not count...

Old
  (#449)
inquisitor (Offline)
Prepaid Professionist

Default 15-08-2014, 22:51

Quote:
@ Inquisitor, I got your point quite right, but that might be your personal need or flavour.
I clearly stated that my considerations are based on my personal usage profile.

Quote:
Take it the other way round. You sit in your hotel room, no free WIFI and need to download one or more large files (presentations, PDF etc.) from your Skydrive or Dropbox. With 150 MB a week you are quickly down to zero, aren't you?
Then I'll simply re-order another 150MB.
But imagine that I visit Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Cyprus, Croatia, Czech Republic, Estonia, Finland, Greece, Hungary, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia or Slovenia and need to download a file of 100MB with my toggle SIM card.

Quote:
Regarding the tone, I absolutely agree with the manners, altough I havent mentioned any names in my previous post?!
You have referred to the person who called toggle's pricing "overpriced" (even quoting this very person by using quotation marks) as being "ill" and I'm the only one to have used the word "overpriced".

Quote:
All personal feelings and preferences aside, we are still not talking about billing cycles since this is the Toggle forum and we are discussing the 1 GB Multi-National Data valid for 30 days.
Billing cycles/increments influence your total costs as much as the nominal price does. You always need to take the time component into account in order to make a proper analysis.

Quote:
If we all get back to that topic, do you know any cheaper Multi-National Data package containing 1 GB in Multiple Countries valid for 30 days?
I don't know any other operator offering data roaming tariffs limited to only 9 unchangeable countries so that it could bear comparison with this few-countries-data package

Quote:
If you can show me another offer that comes even close to that price (or cheaper), we can start discussing seriously about the "overpriced".
As you still don't take into account the huge billing period/increment of toggle and the limited geographical availability of toggle I don't see any basis for further discussion with you.

Last edited by inquisitor; 15-08-2014 at 23:09..

Old
  (#450)
inquisitor (Offline)
Prepaid Professionist

Default 15-08-2014, 22:55

Quote:
Comparing 1 week or daily offers is like comparing apples with pears.
So you are saying you cannot compare an operator offering shorter billing periods at much lower unit costs with one that charges only by months? Could you please explain what the advantage of a longer billing period is which could justify your statement?

Tags
netherlands, toggle