PrePaidGSM.net Forum (Archived)

Old
  (#31)
DRNewcomb (Offline)
Prepaid Professionist

Default 25-10-2008, 23:01

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhotoJim View Post
I haven't seen a merchant that would accept VISA but not MasterCard in many years, either here in Canada or in the US.
Every now or then one of the companies pays some event for an exclusive arrangement so they can advertise, "But be sure to take your XXX because they don't accept YYY."

Old
  (#32)
DRNewcomb (Offline)
Prepaid Professionist

Default 25-10-2008, 23:31

Here's the information about the Tuyo WAP service. I found it in the terms & conditions:
Quote:
Mobile Internet Browser WAP Fee : 50¢ per twenty-four (24) hour session. Each session consists of twenty-four (24) hour consecutive hours. Access is subject to connectivity. Sessions cannot be reinstated or otherwise deferred due to loss of connectivity.
Beyond the 50c access fee they charge for content download. Now, I wonder just how much wiggle room you get with their WAP access? What are the GPRS settings? Does anyone have a Tuyo phone?

Old
  (#33)
Bossman (Offline)
Prepaid Professionist

Default 26-10-2008, 02:02

When I recharged my tuyo card (when I had it) online, I do not remember ever entering my address. They just ask for the credit card number period. As I mentioned, my brother used his UK issed Amex to recharge via customer sevice.

Phones: Xiaomi Mi Mix 2, Samsung Galaxy A50, ASUS zenfone 3,
Sim cards: AT&T (Contract), 3 UK, Piranha Mobile

Old
  (#34)
DRNewcomb (Offline)
Prepaid Professionist

Default 26-10-2008, 03:09

Here's a thread on HoFo about Tuyo Mobile. It seems that the 50c/day WAP feature only gets you to their walled garden where you can spend more money on useless junk like ring tones and pictures of cars and girls.

Old
  (#35)
inquisitor (Offline)
Prepaid Professionist

Default 07-12-2008, 02:19

I've just successfully recharged my credit with tuyo on their website with my German AmEx. As state I picked "APO/AE", all other details were the regular German ones.

terminals: Samsung: Galaxy S5 DuoS (G900FD); BLU: Win HD LTE; Nokia: 1200; Asus: Fonepad 7 ME372CG; Huawei data: E3372, Vodafone R201, K3765, E1762;
postpaid: O2 on Business XL; prepaid: DE: Aldi Talk, Lidl; UK: 3; BG: MTel, vivacom; RU: MTS; RS: MTS; UAE: du Tourist SIM; INT'L: toggle mobile
VoIP: sipgate.de (German DID); sipgate.co.uk (British DID); ukddi.com (British DID); sipcall.ch (Swiss DID); megafon.bg (Bulgarian DID); InterVoip.com

Old
  (#36)
DRNewcomb (Offline)
Prepaid Professionist

Default 07-12-2008, 04:43

Quote:
Originally Posted by inquisitor View Post
I've just successfully recharged my credit with tuyo on their website with my German AmEx. As state I picked "APO/AE", all other details were the regular German ones.
For those who may not be familiar; Those are the postal abreviations for military overseas mail delivery, Europe.

Old
  (#37)
Fling (Offline)
Amateur Member

Default 14-02-2009, 11:53

Onesuite has great rates for their prepaid calling card and voip services. It can be use from other countries calling back to US as well.

Old
  (#38)
Big_Nige (Offline)
Amateur Member

Smile 28-03-2009, 12:27

Quote:
Originally Posted by inquisitor View Post
We are four people travelling to Miami in December...
I've just come back from Fort Lauderdale in Florida. I bought a pair of AT&T SIM cards from eBay, and registered them before I went. Worked great: local calls and calls between us virtually free, and calls to UK very reasonable.

The SIM cards are no use to me now, they expire after a few months, so they are up for grabs ...

Old
  (#39)
colinc57 (Offline)

Default 30-03-2009, 10:40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big_Nige View Post
I've just come back from Fort Lauderdale in Florida. I bought a pair of AT&T SIM cards from eBay, and registered them before I went. Worked great: local calls and calls between us virtually free, and calls to UK very reasonable.

The SIM cards are no use to me now, they expire after a few months, so they are up for grabs ...

Hi I would be interested in these so long as they don't expire before mid may - drop me a PM with costs ( I posted 2 weeks ago on trade board asking if anyone got any!)

Old
  (#40)
colinc57 (Offline)

Default 30-03-2009, 12:57

Just to say Nigel came back with a good offer- but in meantime been offered an active tuyo which suits me better - so guess still available