(#34)
Przemolog (Offline)
Prepaid Guru

Default 06-04-2006, 09:40

Quote:
Originally Posted by sec

But, having said this, can't wait to have my Personal European Number!! :P
On the "What is ETNS?" page:
The second part of the payment is for the termination of the call and will be met by the receiving party. This is a matter of commercial arrangement between the receiving party and its network operator/service provider.

But, having said this, can't wait to have my Personal European Number!!
oster_oops: I haven't read all the contents of the site .
But all this means that they just invented a stupid idea for payments. It seems to be just shared cost lines.

What I think is what it SHOULD be, namely assigning a +38837 alias to each European phone number and calling it on CPP rule. If we consider up-to-date rates to call international sims, I think that 30-50 eurocents to call any +38837 phone with "full" CPP might be possible. It would be something like calling "personal premium rate" number with redirecting to another line (discussed here: http://www.prepaidgsm.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=104.
If +38837 numbering range were split into mobile and landline part, calls to landline parts might even be cheaper. Of course, applying landline European numbering would make sense basically only if cross-border number portability were enabled...