PrePaidGSM.net Forum (Archived)

Old
  (#1)
Gladiatore (Offline)
Official Member

Default Topping-up SFR France sim from Italy (repost) - 23-05-2010, 18:15

Hi,
this is my n-th episode in the long season of "Topping-up from abroad".

I've a couple of SFR sims, mainly used by relatives when in France, perfectly registerd.
I was used, till last october, to top-up them simply buying a Vodafone Italy scratch card, dialling the 952 , answering a dozen of yes/no questions and eventually enter the 16-figures code, topping up the credit and prolonging the validty of the credit and the life of the sim (with the robbery-commision!)

Unfortunately, the 952 no longer works ! And believe me, neither SFR non Vodafone Italy take charge of the problem !

I tried calling from Italy the SFR Customer Care at +33614001900, explaing them the reason why I was calling them and asking for the manual recharging via Vodafone Italy scrach card: I tried harder, and I succeded, paying a fortune in phone calls.

Does anybody know a number like the infamous 952 to top-up the SFR sims?
Or does anybody know a way to top up without drying the credit?

Thanks and ciao !

Old
  (#2)
callfan (Offline)
Official Member

Default 27-05-2010, 21:58

Here (http://www.sfr.fr/international/ques...nses/index.jsp) it says:
"Je suis client SFR La Carte, comment recharger mon mobile Ã* l’étranger ?

Si votre crédit de communication est épuisé Ã* l’étranger, il vous suffit simplement d’appeler le 952 (appel gratuit) et recharger 7j/7, 24h/24 :"

So, it should work! What happens when you try calling it?

Italian main SIM Cards:

3 Italy
iPhone 3G 8GB with 3Power (postpaid offer)
Vodafone Italy
Nokia N73 with Vodafone Tempo Libero (postpaid offer too)

International SIM Cards:
1 United Mobile (mmh...when it works)
1 Vodafone UK

Old
  (#3)
inquisitor (Offline)
Prepaid Professionist

Default 27-05-2010, 22:10

Maybe that 952 is only unavailable from one of the Italian roaming partner networks. Have you tried registering on another Italian roaming network and calling 952?

terminals: Samsung: Galaxy S5 DuoS (G900FD); BLU: Win HD LTE; Nokia: 1200; Asus: Fonepad 7 ME372CG; Huawei data: E3372, Vodafone R201, K3765, E1762;
postpaid: O2 on Business XL; prepaid: DE: Aldi Talk, Lidl; UK: 3; BG: MTel, vivacom; RU: MTS; RS: MTS; UAE: du Tourist SIM; INT'L: toggle mobile
VoIP: sipgate.de (German DID); sipgate.co.uk (British DID); ukddi.com (British DID); sipcall.ch (Swiss DID); megafon.bg (Bulgarian DID); InterVoip.com

Old
  (#4)
Motel75 (Offline)
Prepaid Pioneer

Default 28-05-2010, 10:08

Vodafone

Try 950 as well. Otherwise, any direct-entry top-up codes should work as well if they are supported by SFR (they look something like: *123*(top-up code)#).

Current DE: Vodafone, Netzklub; PL: Klucz, Virgin; UK: Giffgaff, Vodafone; US: T-Mobile; CA: 7-Eleven; IT: Vodafone; UA: Kyivstar; FR: Bouygues; GR: Vodafone
Former DE: Vodafone, T-Mobile, O2, Blauworld, 01051mobile, Solomo, Lycamobile, Simyo, Congstar, Fonic, Edeka Mobile, Lidl Mobile; PL: Heyah, Era, Virgin, Sami Swoi, Orange, POP, iPlus, Carrefour Mova, Telepin Mobi, Play, Lycamobile, T-Mobile; UK: Vodafone, T-Mobile, Virgin; US: T-Mobile, AT&T, Lycamobile; CZ: Vodafone, Oskar; ES: Lebara; GR: Vodafone, Wind; UA: Vodafone; IL: Orange; TR: Turkcell

Old
  (#5)
Gladiatore (Offline)
Official Member

Default thank you guys, but ... - 30-05-2010, 05:53

Thanks for your info, but no way, no solutions !

1. the infamous 952 DOES'NT work, even changing the network (anyway, I guess SFR accetps only Vodafone)
2. I can't send sms - expired validity - but I can receive them !

If someone is able to top up my sim, plese let me know! I'll pay for the recharges (paypal is ok !)

Thanks a lot for your help.
G.

Old
  (#6)
Schlips1 (Offline)
Advanced Member

Default 19-07-2010, 22:13

Today I was in the same situation - in Greece!
My SFR was in the "hibernation"-status (after expiry before switch off).

Calling to 950 worked, when pressing "1" (check credit) I got told that I do not have enough credit (in french) to check my credit (!). After dialing again and pressing "2" (top up) I got the message that ther number is incorrect (!).

When dialing the 952 I got the same message: The number is incorrect.

After waiting for a while (around 15 minutes) surprisingly it worked: I could dial the 952 and top up the SFR sim with a 5 € Vodafone Greece voucher (3 € credit).

The best thing: The validity for the 3 € is one month.

So it seems the system in France needs a little time to work properly.....

Old
  (#7)
mingelli (Offline)
Prepaid Fan

Default 20-07-2010, 01:19

I had siimilar problem sith SFR sim. Their serivice and generally of all french mobile operators is very bad for rechargable sim, they seem to mind only the forfait customers!!