PrePaidGSM.net Forum (Archived)

Old
  (#1)
snidely (Offline)
Prepaid Expert

Default 20-10-2006, 18:36

Quote from Yackie site added to "rates":

* Prices are in USD per minute rounded up to the nearest cent. They are exclusive of RPP and VAT where applicable. These rates apply 24 hours per day.
* For calls made abroad minimum charge is one minute, then charged in 60 second increments, rounded up to the nearest cent.

====
I assume even a majority of U.S. people would know that "VAT" is "Value Added Tax" which is similar to what we call sales tax.

However - how many of the most knowledgeable people (forum members) know what RPP stands for?

I just learned that a couple dozen countries have it. AND for the U.S. can add between 80 cents and $1.25 per min. to the posted rates For Argentina, it is $1.50,/min., i believe.

It is this RPP charge that makes using SIMS like UM prohibitive here in the U.S. That's why Yackie can't really charge only the 24 cents for incoming U.S. Canada et al countries.

...mike

Make use of T-M's UMA/wifi free calling from any place in the world with access to wifi. I use an LG G6, wife an S7)
A/o Oct 20, 2013 no need for intl prepaid as T-Mobile U.S. includes voice roaming at 20¢/min (in and out)., unlimited text (in and out), and unlimited data in 140+ countries.

My Plan -[6 lines] U.S. T-Mobile unlimited minutes (incoming and outgoing), unlimited text, fast data on each line. that $145/mo. total! . (In U.S. no surcharge for calling a cell.) If a line exceeds 2G of data in a month, pay $10 more for that line. [That only happens a couple times/year.

Old
  (#2)
Bossman (Offline)
Prepaid Professionist

Default 20-10-2006, 20:23

I noticed that addition too. I know RPP stands for Receiving Party Pays, but did not have the time to investigate it further.

Not sure of the minimum charge thing. May be that's why they charge for calls that did not complete/busy. They even list it as busy line on the website than list a charge next to it. My busy calls were each charged between $0.31 and $0.50. The SMS were each charged at $0.80. According to the rates these should have been $0.30.

Phones: Xiaomi Mi Mix 2, Samsung Galaxy A50, ASUS zenfone 3,
Sim cards: AT&T (Contract), 3 UK, Piranha Mobile

Old
  (#3)
DRNewcomb (Offline)
Prepaid Professionist

Default 20-10-2006, 23:27

So when the Yackie site says that incoming calls in Mexico cost 24c/min, they're not telling you the whole story?

Old
  (#4)
money69 (Offline)
Prepaid Fan

Default 20-10-2006, 23:34

Well, I think thats the old rate, the new Mexico pay structure is suppose to take place the first saturday in November. From what I know it will be CPP, www.uniontelecard.com lists the destination as about 22c a min. So, I doubt yackie can do it for 24c a min. Plus for non mexican sims theres suppose to be a surcharge which is why all the other international sims raised their rates to Mexico.