PrePaidGSM.net Forum (Archived)

Old
  (#1)
money69 (Offline)
Prepaid Fan

Default Anyone get a new Yackie Sim? - 19-05-2007, 21:36

I received in the mail today a new black yackie sim along with a letter saying it has new features. It also states in the letter it works for data and also that it has a mobile to mobile rate anywhere in the world for .59c and to landlines for .39c. Anyone receive any of these new sims? And if so why are the prices that are stated on the letter not reflected on their website?

Old
  (#2)
Bossman (Offline)
Prepaid Professionist

Default 19-05-2007, 22:15

No. Did not receive it yet. Is this new sim functional? The current sim is not working. They did post something in the news section of their website though.

Phones: Xiaomi Mi Mix 2, Samsung Galaxy A50, ASUS zenfone 3,
Sim cards: AT&T (Contract), 3 UK, Piranha Mobile

Old
  (#3)
money69 (Offline)
Prepaid Fan

Default 20-05-2007, 04:02

Heres a picture of the new sim. Im going to attach the new docs that came with it also in the next post. This new sim has a UK phone number where the last one had a US one.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	yackie.jpg
Views:	74
Size:	28.2 KB
ID:	5  

Old
  (#4)
money69 (Offline)
Prepaid Fan

Default 20-05-2007, 04:04

Heres the page that has all the details on the charges. BTW, I tried using the sim to send out a txt msg but it failed. This may be due to me not having a balance on my old sim, Im not sure if the accounts are linked or not. Calling the number on the sim didnt do much, didnt even really ring, just like half a ring and silence. Voicemail didnt pick up or anything. So who knows whats going on.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Yackiedetails.jpg
Views:	65
Size:	33.9 KB
ID:	6  

Last edited by money69; 20-05-2007 at 04:27..

Old
  (#5)
Bossman (Offline)
Prepaid Professionist

Default 20-05-2007, 04:34

So, they actually sent a different number from what you had. That makes no sense at all. Most of us in the US jumped on the yackie bandwagon because thay had a US number. There is even a mention of free incoming calls in the details page you posted. I wonder if they are going to a completely defferent route.

Old
  (#6)
YackieMobile (Offline)
DEALER
Prepaid Fan

Default 20-05-2007, 16:10

Hello

The NEW Yackie SIm will keep the same features than Yackie One
this mean, Your incoming number who can be selected between 40 countries

BUT you have also a UK number who can alloud you to have the Incoming Free.....

You receive a call on your US, FR, Sueden, italian number, you have to pay one incoming fees ( flats fees every where in the world, excepted where you have a RPP Surcharge, but this surcharge should be less than before with the Linku System)

You receive a Call on yoru UK number, your incoming call are free....

Conference call, DATA availlable, Scratch card availlable, Credit card over the air, and many many services and contents will coming in the nex few weeks

You are still off course keeped the Package with yoru Voip account who are using the same incoming number ( and how many you want ) who can offer you to receive a Fax on your number, to receive your call on your computer or on your GSM Wifi

We open simultanetly Yackie Europe with for the management a team coming from a Major MVNO, we open Yackie australia, Malaysia and Canada

The shipping and supposrt will be made from this area

The Yackie Phone ( 4band ) will be availlable in June

One advertising campaign will start also in june....

Yackie......To be continued

Old
  (#7)
bbob (Offline)
Prepaid Expert

Default 20-05-2007, 16:21

Nice the Yakie service but you can do this yourself using a manx sim card.

Get an account at www.pbxes.com (free)
This is a virtual pbx.

Get yourself a sip number, for example www.stanaphone.com gives you a free New York number.

Configure pbxes.com using this number.

Get credit for a sip/voip provider. for example I am using www.voicetrading.com (for busnisses)
The will let you make calls to the Manx mobile number for 10 eurocent per minute (1 sec billing)

Now forward your stanaphone number to the manx number.

This way you can receive calls on your fices line, forwarded to your mobile at only 10 cents per minute.

Even better you can get a UK, German or any other sip DID number and configure this on your pbxes account.

When paying 10 euro per month pbxes also offers a callback service and you can use this to call youself. pbxes calls you back at 10 cents per minute and you get the pbxes dailtone to dial out at low rate.

This service is much better and cheaper and you have more control yourself.

Old
  (#8)
Bossman (Offline)
Prepaid Professionist

Default 20-05-2007, 17:35

So, I am assuming you will be mailing the new sim cards to all current customers then. If so, you be transferring any credit on the old sim card to the new one I suppose.

Also, have all the billing problems been resolved? That is, if I make or receive a call on my yacki sim, I will be billed exactly as stated on your website.

Quote:
Originally Posted by YackieMobile View Post
Hello

The NEW Yackie SIm will keep the same features than Yackie One
this mean, Your incoming number who can be selected between 40 countries

BUT you have also a UK number who can alloud you to have the Incoming Free.....

You receive a call on your US, FR, Sueden, italian number, you have to pay one incoming fees ( flats fees every where in the world, excepted where you have a RPP Surcharge, but this surcharge should be less than before with the Linku System)

You receive a Call on yoru UK number, your incoming call are free....

Conference call, DATA availlable, Scratch card availlable, Credit card over the air, and many many services and contents will coming in the nex few weeks

You are still off course keeped the Package with yoru Voip account who are using the same incoming number ( and how many you want ) who can offer you to receive a Fax on your number, to receive your call on your computer or on your GSM Wifi

We open simultanetly Yackie Europe with for the management a team coming from a Major MVNO, we open Yackie australia, Malaysia and Canada

The shipping and supposrt will be made from this area

The Yackie Phone ( 4band ) will be availlable in June

One advertising campaign will start also in june....

Yackie......To be continued

Old
  (#9)
YackieMobile (Offline)
DEALER
Prepaid Fan

Default 20-05-2007, 19:48

Yes boss man....you will have your credit back and prebably a little more

and yes for the billing and yes for your others questions if you have some

and for BBob, we dont create any thing, we just make the thing easer..

with us, no need 5 systems and lond setup ( i remind you that most of the customers dont have yoru experience and skill )

Old
  (#10)
bbob (Offline)
Prepaid Expert

Default 21-05-2007, 08:11

Quote:
and for BBob, we dont create any thing, we just make the thing easer..

with us, no need 5 systems and lond setup ( i remind you that most of the customers dont have yoru experience and skill )
You have a good sense of humor, make things easier.
What I read here in the forum does not look like making things easier.

I do agree that what I wrote is not for the novice user. It just shows that there is an alternative to have your own fixed US, UK or other country number and have that number forwarded to your mobile of voip phone.
Also receiving costs this way is a lot lower. You charge a lot more than the 10 eurocent / 13.5 dollarcent to receive calls.

I would advice anyone that has a bit of computer knowledge to go the do it yourself way. This way you can have your own fixed numbers in US, UK and other countries.
Choose your sim provider and forward the call to this provider. Whenever the provider goes offline, which seems to happen here lots of times, just pick anotherone and have pbxes.com forward it to that number.
You only hand out your fixed number so people call you on that number. Whenever there is again a sim problem you just switch sims and you can still be reached.