PrePaidGSM.net Forum (Archived)

Old
  (#1)
dg7feq (Offline)
Prepaid Guru

Default germany: phonehomemobile, 01051mobile, telesim and che-mobil give up - 13-03-2008, 19:44

The vistream resellers
- phonehomemobile
- 01051 mobile
- telesim
- che-mobil
are not longer selling SIM-cards to new customers.

see also here: http://www.teltarif.de/arch/2008/kw11/s29267.html

old customers can still use the service, recharges directly to vistream by bank-transfer.

Chris

Germany: o2 blue all-in L, simquadrat
Thailand: truemove (phone+sms+wifi)
International: xxSim+372, toggle +44/+49/+41/+31
Phones: Huawei Mate7, Huawei P9

Old
  (#2)
andy (Offline)
Prepaid Prophet

Default 14-03-2008, 00:10

That's a surprise and a pity. I was about to order 01051

Old
  (#3)
Przemolog (Offline)
Prepaid Guru

Default 14-03-2008, 09:11

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy View Post
That's a surprise and a pity. I was about to order 01051
Pity - about Che Mobile, too? I don't regret the brand with such a controversial patron

Old
  (#4)
Motel75 (Offline)
Prepaid Pioneer

Default 14-03-2008, 12:35

Quote:
Originally Posted by Przemolog View Post
Pity - about Che Mobile, too? I don't regret the brand with such a controversial patron
No kidding. I just wonder what the future holds for 01051mobile customers such as myself. For 5 cents a minute, I'm happy to place calls to the US, Poland, Hong Kong, etc., while taking my baby out for a walk. For 9 cents (like Solomo) I won't -- I'll wait till I get home and use the landline instead, where it's 1 or 2 cents. I hope either Vistream offers this rate in perpetuity, or Solomo adopts it, now that it no longer needs to worry about stepping on a client. (And I hope Solomo keeps it up -- I'd hate to go back to Blauworld, with its connect charge and expensive data.)

Current DE: Vodafone, Netzklub; PL: Klucz, Virgin; UK: Giffgaff, Vodafone; US: T-Mobile; CA: 7-Eleven; IT: Vodafone; UA: Kyivstar; FR: Bouygues; GR: Vodafone
Former DE: Vodafone, T-Mobile, O2, Blauworld, 01051mobile, Solomo, Lycamobile, Simyo, Congstar, Fonic, Edeka Mobile, Lidl Mobile; PL: Heyah, Era, Virgin, Sami Swoi, Orange, POP, iPlus, Carrefour Mova, Telepin Mobi, Play, Lycamobile, T-Mobile; UK: Vodafone, T-Mobile, Virgin; US: T-Mobile, AT&T, Lycamobile; CZ: Vodafone, Oskar; ES: Lebara; GR: Vodafone, Wind; UA: Vodafone; IL: Orange; TR: Turkcell

Old
  (#5)
babble (Offline)
Prepaid Fan

Default Farewell 01051mobile - you had great international callrates - 14-03-2008, 14:22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motel75 View Post
I just wonder what the future holds for 01051mobile customers such as myself.
Someone claiming to be the vistream product and marketing manager has told another forum:

All Che/01051/PhoneHome customers can continue to use their current tariffs. Vistream will shortly offer customers the opportunity to transfer to the tariff of one of its other business partners. In each market segment (discount/travel/special-group), vistream has several business partners, with whom customers can continue to telephone using similar "conditions" [to the terminated Che/01051/PhoneHome contracts].

I doubt that this offer is as rosy as it first appears. Normally, if customers do not accept the "invitation" to transfer to a new "tariff", their contracts are terminated by the parent network company.

Original text - for our German readers:

Da unsere Partner in der Mehrzahl Wiederverkäufer von vistream-Verträgen sind, bedeutet das Ende einer Marke nicht automatisch das Ende für den Tarif. Alle Che/01051/PhoneHome Kunden können weiterhin in den bekannten Tarifen telefonieren. In der nächsten Zeit werden wir den Kunden dann anbieten, in den Tarif eines anderen Partners zu wechseln. Da in jedem Segment (Discount/Reise/Ethno-Tarife) momentan mehrere vistream Partner aktiv sind, können die Kunden auch zu vergleichbaren Konditionen weiter telefonieren.

Source:

http://www.telefon-treff.de/showthre...&pagenumber=31

Let´s just hope that maxxsim is not assimilated into solomo.

Old
  (#6)
Przemolog (Offline)
Prepaid Guru

Default 18-03-2008, 12:22

Quote:
No kidding.
No offence intended . I don't like the "Che" brand itself, not its rates. This stupid name of the brand has already been discussed here and I don't want to go back.

Old
  (#7)
Motel75 (Offline)
Prepaid Pioneer

Cool 18-03-2008, 19:17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Przemolog View Post
No offence intended .
Umm, none taken. Just in case you misread something, "no kidding" means "I agree with you." And I do.

Current DE: Vodafone, Netzklub; PL: Klucz, Virgin; UK: Giffgaff, Vodafone; US: T-Mobile; CA: 7-Eleven; IT: Vodafone; UA: Kyivstar; FR: Bouygues; GR: Vodafone
Former DE: Vodafone, T-Mobile, O2, Blauworld, 01051mobile, Solomo, Lycamobile, Simyo, Congstar, Fonic, Edeka Mobile, Lidl Mobile; PL: Heyah, Era, Virgin, Sami Swoi, Orange, POP, iPlus, Carrefour Mova, Telepin Mobi, Play, Lycamobile, T-Mobile; UK: Vodafone, T-Mobile, Virgin; US: T-Mobile, AT&T, Lycamobile; CZ: Vodafone, Oskar; ES: Lebara; GR: Vodafone, Wind; UA: Vodafone; IL: Orange; TR: Turkcell

Old
  (#8)
Przemolog (Offline)
Prepaid Guru

Default 18-03-2008, 21:07

Quote:
Umm, none taken. Just in case you misread something, "no kidding" means "I agree with you." And I do.
So, I misread indeed