PrePaidGSM.net Forum (Archived)

Old
  (#21)
DRNewcomb (Offline)
Prepaid Professionist

Default 24-10-2008, 12:36

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbob View Post
mastercard is not that populat in the USa. Try Visa card. I had an at&t card last week in the US and loaded it with my dutch visa card. No problems to do so.
MasterCard is accepted almost anywhere in the US that accepts Visa. In approximate order of acceptance in the US: Visa, MasterCard, Discover, American Express, everything else (e.g. Diner's Club).

Old
  (#22)
Bossman (Offline)
Prepaid Professionist

Default 24-10-2008, 13:18

AFAIK, master card is accepted anywhere visa is accepted. In the old days you may see a few stores that do not accept master card. not any longer though.

Quote:
mastercard is not that populat in the USa. Try Visa card. I had an at&t card last week in the US and loaded it with my dutch visa card. No problems to do so.

Phones: Xiaomi Mi Mix 2, Samsung Galaxy A50, ASUS zenfone 3,
Sim cards: AT&T (Contract), 3 UK, Piranha Mobile

Old
  (#23)
Dubrock (Offline)
Amateur Member

Default 24-10-2008, 18:41

My Dutch Mastercard was not accepted at the website of Y-Mobile last year. I asked the question at TúYo and they told me I should use a USA based credit card. I will still buy a Tuyo card though and see if it works. I will be in the states for 4 weeks and it's cheap and without any callback or callthrough services.

Edit, I just saw you can top-up online with a top up card as well. I think I'll justbuy a bunch and top up 3 times before I am back in the states again.

Active sims NL Telfort, KPN, Vodafone, TrendCall, T-Mobile DE Simyo CH M-Budget PE Claro INT Air Baltic Card, GeoSim

Non-active sims NL Qick, Easymobile, Tele2, Simyo, Rabomobiel, Vectone, UPC, GT Mobile, Orange, Hema, Lycamobile, Carey TZ Celtel Malawi Celtel Zambia Celtel SA MTN, Vodacom INT UM, UM+, Go Global Sim, Max Roam, 09 Sim

Last edited by Dubrock; 24-10-2008 at 18:51..

Old
  (#24)
VladS (Offline)
Prepaid Pioneer

Default 24-10-2008, 20:30

Amex cards may be the best bet as they've yet to implement ZIP code matching as part of the authorization process.

I just ordered a Tuyo card from eBay. As soon as I get it I will try to top it up with a French issued debit VISA.

VladS
Mobile phones: iPhone 5, Blackberry 9900, Nexus S, Samsung S3322 duos
Mobile data cards: Huawei E587u-5, Huawei E583c, Huawei E160
Postpaid SIMs: CA: Fido, Wind; INTL: Telna
Prepaid SIMs: DE: Fonic, Lidl; AT: yesss!, bob; UK: O2; US: AT&T; RO: Orange, Vodafone; FR: b&you, Lycamobile; NL: Lycamobile; BE: Lycamobile, Jim Mobile; CL: Entel; MX: Telcel; INTL: eKit Blue, eKit Yellow
Dead SIMs: too many to list

Old
  (#25)
inquisitor (Offline)
Prepaid Professionist

Default 24-10-2008, 22:20

That may be the first time I'll have a benefit from my AmEx card, for which I'm paying yearly fees without having any advantage against my free Visa and MasterCard.

terminals: Samsung: Galaxy S5 DuoS (G900FD); BLU: Win HD LTE; Nokia: 1200; Asus: Fonepad 7 ME372CG; Huawei data: E3372, Vodafone R201, K3765, E1762;
postpaid: O2 on Business XL; prepaid: DE: Aldi Talk, Lidl; UK: 3; BG: MTel, vivacom; RU: MTS; RS: MTS; UAE: du Tourist SIM; INT'L: toggle mobile
VoIP: sipgate.de (German DID); sipgate.co.uk (British DID); ukddi.com (British DID); sipcall.ch (Swiss DID); megafon.bg (Bulgarian DID); InterVoip.com

Old
  (#26)
Dubrock (Offline)
Amateur Member

Default 25-10-2008, 08:08

lol, I've got two reactions yesterday from my one question: "I am from Europe and am planning to visit the states in Februari as I do every year. I would like to buy a sim card but would like to use it every year without the need to get a new number every time. Therefore my
question: is it possible to recharge my balance with an European credit card? With T-Mobile this unfortunately doesn't work for example."

Answer one yesterday: "Thank you for contacting TuYo mobile. Please rest assured we will work our hardest in answering any and all your questions. In regards to your question, unfortunately you must use a U.S. credit card to reload a Tuyo account. Hope this answers your question. If you have any further questions or concerns do not hesitate to call us at :
1-800-get-tuyo(438-889 or dial 611 from any TuYo handset."

Answer two: "Thank you for contact regarding your request yes it is possible To recharge from Europe so went you come to the states you would not have to buy a new sim card you can to this on line the link is www.tuyo.com and you can recharge on line or if you have need problem pleas call customer service at 1-877-438-8896 Thank you Customer service"

Active sims NL Telfort, KPN, Vodafone, TrendCall, T-Mobile DE Simyo CH M-Budget PE Claro INT Air Baltic Card, GeoSim

Non-active sims NL Qick, Easymobile, Tele2, Simyo, Rabomobiel, Vectone, UPC, GT Mobile, Orange, Hema, Lycamobile, Carey TZ Celtel Malawi Celtel Zambia Celtel SA MTN, Vodacom INT UM, UM+, Go Global Sim, Max Roam, 09 Sim

Old
  (#27)
DRNewcomb (Offline)
Prepaid Professionist

Default 25-10-2008, 12:27

Quote:
Originally Posted by VladS View Post
Amex cards may be the best bet as they've yet to implement ZIP code matching as part of the authorization process.
When I fuel my car, the pump frequently asks me to enter my "zip code" (US postal code). I never considered what would happen if I used a non-US credit card. I guess I could always take it inside to the clerk. I could see how this might be a problem for online purchases.

Old
  (#28)
DRNewcomb (Offline)
Prepaid Professionist

Default 25-10-2008, 12:58

Quote:
Originally Posted by inquisitor View Post
Thanks, Bossman. Tuyo sounds great. For data I will use United Mobile, who charge € 0.99/MB in the US.
I was just looking around the tuyo.com website and found a page that mentioned 50c/day for WAP access. It seems you activate the option and get 24 hours of WAP access. Now, I have no idea what "WAP" means to Tuyo. It might be a walled garden or it might have at least some way to access HTML & e-mail, like T-Mobile's T-Zones.

Tuyo looks interesting. The only disadvantages I see are the poor coverage and 90-day validity.

Old
  (#29)
VladS (Offline)
Prepaid Pioneer

Default 25-10-2008, 14:40

I noticed CallingMart.com sells Tuyo refills. No sales tax, 3% discount and best of all... PayPal payments.

VladS
Mobile phones: iPhone 5, Blackberry 9900, Nexus S, Samsung S3322 duos
Mobile data cards: Huawei E587u-5, Huawei E583c, Huawei E160
Postpaid SIMs: CA: Fido, Wind; INTL: Telna
Prepaid SIMs: DE: Fonic, Lidl; AT: yesss!, bob; UK: O2; US: AT&T; RO: Orange, Vodafone; FR: b&you, Lycamobile; NL: Lycamobile; BE: Lycamobile, Jim Mobile; CL: Entel; MX: Telcel; INTL: eKit Blue, eKit Yellow
Dead SIMs: too many to list

Old
  (#30)
PhotoJim (Offline)
Prepaid Expert

Default 25-10-2008, 16:10

Quote:
I wouldn't say that. I use my MasterCard every time I go there (I don't know that I've used a VISA card in the USA since the 1980s).

I haven't seen a merchant that would accept VISA but not MasterCard in many years, either here in Canada or in the US.

CA: SaskTel, Wind postpaid; Rogers, Bell postpaid iPad flex plans; US: T-Mobile postpaid data, prepaid voice; PureTalk (AT&T MVNO) prepaid voice/data; AT&T prepaid iPad plan

Hardware: Too much but notably iPhone 5, iPad Mini Retina LTE, Moto G LTE (N.A. version), iPhone 4. All unlocked.