PrePaidGSM.net Forum (Archived)

Old
  (#261)
Nokia1610 (Offline)
Official Member

Default 26-08-2007, 11:37

Quote:
Originally Posted by UKSTEVE View Post
If all else fails than you can try to make telephone calls using an USSD-command: Please dial *137*Countrycodes without "00", Areacode without "0", phone number and at last the pound sign (#).

Example for London/UK: *137*442072xxxxx#
Thank you very much!!!!!
I've tried the above-mentioned USSD-command on my Nokia 6510 (I remind this phone couldn't make any outgoing call even through the sim-menu) and it works perfectly!! I have also the credit displayed.
It is uncomfortable, but at least it works.

Italian landline numbers need the "0" before areacode all the same. For example, to Milan: *137*3902xxxxxxxx#

Old
  (#262)
inquisitor (Offline)
Prepaid Professionist

Default 26-08-2007, 16:46

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bossman View Post
The UM+ sim worked in all places and including the Ships's network.
Which shipping company did you travel with? What was the onboard network named?
And how much were you charged for incoming and outgoing calls?

terminals: Samsung: Galaxy S5 DuoS (G900FD); BLU: Win HD LTE; Nokia: 1200; Asus: Fonepad 7 ME372CG; Huawei data: E3372, Vodafone R201, K3765, E1762;
postpaid: O2 on Business XL; prepaid: DE: Aldi Talk, Lidl; UK: 3; BG: MTel, vivacom; RU: MTS; RS: MTS; UAE: du Tourist SIM; INT'L: toggle mobile
VoIP: sipgate.de (German DID); sipgate.co.uk (British DID); ukddi.com (British DID); sipcall.ch (Swiss DID); megafon.bg (Bulgarian DID); InterVoip.com

Old
  (#263)
Bossman (Offline)
Prepaid Professionist

Default 26-08-2007, 17:12

I was on Royal Caribbean's Adventure of the Seas. According to cingular's website they charge the same for all the cruise lines. I think it's $1.99 in and out. The onboard network only had the number displayed "901-18" All four phones with different sims I had displayed this same number. The IOM sim charged $1.29 incoming. My yackie sim which is also IOM based charged the same rate yackie quoted for US on their website. Received a couple of calls while on board using the UM+, and it was charged $0.99/min. In the islands UM+ was free except for St. Martin and Cuaraco where they charged $0.45 for incoming. Don't knw about outgoing. I actually used my UM +423 for outgoing in St Martin and was charged $0.49/min.

Quote:
Originally Posted by inquisitor View Post
Which shipping company did you travel with? What was the onboard network named?
And how much were you charged for incoming and outgoing calls?

Phones: Xiaomi Mi Mix 2, Samsung Galaxy A50, ASUS zenfone 3,
Sim cards: AT&T (Contract), 3 UK, Piranha Mobile

Old
  (#264)
Mirken (Offline)
Amateur Member

Default 26-08-2007, 17:52

Today i'm back from Greece, UM+ doesn't work at all, impossible to receive or make calls, and making calls, without receiving callback, they charge me money!!
also to CS, no call back received (i would ask to solve the problem), but without receiving call back they charge me 6 euro!!!

i can't try the *137* code because i've read only now their mail.

@Prion have you tried in greece?

Old
  (#265)
inquisitor (Offline)
Prepaid Professionist

Default 26-08-2007, 22:14

@bosssman

Thanks for the information. According to Wikipedia the network code, which your phones displayed, belongs to WMS - a joint venture of Cingular and MTN.
Since the network name isn't broadcasted over the network itself, but comes from a database in your phone or your SIM card, which obviously both don't contain that network's name, your phone showed only the network code.

According to WMS' figure below the satellite link on the ships amounts to 128 KBit/s only. Based on a bandwidth of 14,4 KBit/s per GSM call (including overhead) that means it can't carry more than 8 calls at once.

terminals: Samsung: Galaxy S5 DuoS (G900FD); BLU: Win HD LTE; Nokia: 1200; Asus: Fonepad 7 ME372CG; Huawei data: E3372, Vodafone R201, K3765, E1762;
postpaid: O2 on Business XL; prepaid: DE: Aldi Talk, Lidl; UK: 3; BG: MTel, vivacom; RU: MTS; RS: MTS; UAE: du Tourist SIM; INT'L: toggle mobile
VoIP: sipgate.de (German DID); sipgate.co.uk (British DID); ukddi.com (British DID); sipcall.ch (Swiss DID); megafon.bg (Bulgarian DID); InterVoip.com

Last edited by inquisitor; 26-08-2007 at 22:24..

Old
  (#266)
Bossman (Offline)
Prepaid Professionist

Default 27-08-2007, 03:44

Actually, one correction to my post above...with our cingular sims in the phones it showed "Cellular at sea".

All in all, I am quite satisfied with the UM+ sim. More importantly, it's a whole lot easier to call or forward to. Forwarding with yackie and les.net worked quite well. Even though les.net considers it a special UK mobile number and charges $0.43 versus about $0.30 for other UK mobiles.

Phones: Xiaomi Mi Mix 2, Samsung Galaxy A50, ASUS zenfone 3,
Sim cards: AT&T (Contract), 3 UK, Piranha Mobile

Old
  (#267)
prion (Offline)
Prepaid Pioneer

Default 27-08-2007, 06:56

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirken View Post
Today i'm back from Greece, UM+ doesn't work at all, impossible to receive or make calls, and making calls, without receiving callback, they charge me money!!
also to CS, no call back received (i would ask to solve the problem), but without receiving call back they charge me 6 euro!!!

i can't try the *137* code because i've read only now their mail.

@Prion have you tried in greece?
Yes. I have noticed something strange. The sim registers on all 3 networks. Sometimes, when making a call, The destination numbers rings without you receiving the callback! This mights explain why you were charged! Probably the phone was answered on the other end and you were charged!
It has happened to me once! This is something you can check from online billing.

Old
  (#268)
Mirken (Offline)
Amateur Member

Default 27-08-2007, 09:03

yes, register to the 3 networks, but i was unable to make any call, tryed a lot of time, and sometimes ring without callback other times nothing ... also i was unable to receive call from iItaly, i don't know why, but answer like phone was off.
Yes online billing it's very "funny", some calls duration to the CS was longer and stops after the next one starts!! for example, call starts at 15:04 duration 1 min and 30 second, next call start at 15:05 !!!
i've wrote this in a mail yesterday, also because no calls goes ok to the CS of the 5 times i've tryed, but always charged
My week in Greece (I was in cefalonia), UM+ was useless.

Old
  (#269)
prion (Offline)
Prepaid Pioneer

Default 27-08-2007, 13:50

At least I hope youy had a good time there!

It is obvious that we are bug testers. That is probably one of the reasons why the sim was free.

Old
  (#270)
Mirken (Offline)
Amateur Member

Default 27-08-2007, 19:39

Quote:
Originally Posted by prion View Post
At least I hope youy had a good time there!

It is obvious that we are bug testers. That is probably one of the reasons why the sim was free.
Yes, thanks mate, very good time, beautiful places, wonderful sea, and very relaxable days.

I had only problem with q-telecom sim card, i would to use for sending sms to italy, but doesn't worked, calling 1222 for talking with CS they charge me the 1 euro of credit in no time.
I had no luck with sim card in Greece
At least I had to use my Tim Italy that have a good promo with 100 of min free incoming calls in EU untill 30/09/2007.

Yes, we are bug tester but they don't want to admit ... i'm still waiting they answer me (the last time was very fast, telling me about problem in Greece) about to have credit back ... ok for losing some time, but also money is too much.