PrePaidGSM.net Forum (Archived)

Old
  (#1)
babble (Offline)
Prepaid Fan

Default Extra "benefits" when buying a cheap SIM - 27-02-2009, 20:24

Here´s a tip for possibly gaining extra "benefits" when you buy a cheap SIM card during a "special offer" period.

After buying a "special offer" SIM, try not to activate it immediately. If possible, wait until the special offer period has finished before you activate the SIM. You might be lucky and gain the extra benefits of the next "special offer".

I did this in Germany with Tchibo´s last offer (a Tchibo SIM for 1 Euro). When I activated the card after the original "special offer" period had ended, I "gained" the extras of the next "special offer" (50 minutes of calls to all german networks, for each of the next 6 months).

I can´t promise that you´ll have the same luck, but give it a try the next time you buy a SIM!

Old
  (#2)
babble (Offline)
Prepaid Fan

Default Extras due to Tchibo delay - 27-03-2009, 09:18

The extras were actually gained due to a Tchibo processing delay.

The card was bought during the last hour of business in a Tchibo store, on the last day of the "1 Euro SIM offer". It looks as though all the paper work was faxed through to the back office staff the following morning, who then registered the sim, which then automatically received all the extra benefits of the next Tchibo offer.