PrePaidGSM.net Forum (Archived)

Old
  (#11)
vegemite (Offline)
Advanced Member

Default 09-07-2010, 04:55

Oh.. how can you tell if it's activated? So we have to wait almost 2 days for the SIM to be fully activated and usable? I have read here that you do NOT want to use the card before it is activated as any use of data will use up all the credit and cause all sorts of problems. Thanks for the links!

HTC Desire (unlocked UK version) / Nokia E71 (Wife's phone) / 3 Australia Post Paid SIM (both)

Looking for data / voice SIMS for Europe in August 2010 - UK, France, Italy, Austria, Croatia and Bosnia

Old
  (#12)
ca-uk (Offline)
Amateur Member

Default 09-07-2010, 10:58

When the SIM itself is not active, it will just not connect to the network - so once you see WIND come up as your network then the SIM is active

Then, don't do what i did! Wait for your text message to confirm your data plan is active. For me, it took 8 hours after the SIM was active for my data plan to be active - meaning i managed to burn 25euros of credit on data in the meantime.

Some users get fully active in just hours - i bought my SIM friday evening so it's possible italian computers don't work much at weekends

Also worth setting up your online account at wind.it when you're live - you need your new SIM phone number and the codice fiscale that you used - i used one from that online generator site without issue.

Contracts: UK: Orange, 3
Prepaids: UK: Orange, O2, T-Mobile, 3, Virgin, Vodafone; IT: Wind; IE: 3; INT: Sim4Travel.
Dead: INT: United Mobile.

Old
  (#13)
vegemite (Offline)
Advanced Member

Default 11-07-2010, 05:54

My HTC Desire has an option to turn off mobile data so it should be safe to leave it running. I was concerned that any background data access would just kill the credit and cause all the issues outlined above. Otherwise we can just use our Australian Three SIM cards until the next day or something. Is it possible to get instructions or check credit in English?

HTC Desire (unlocked UK version) / Nokia E71 (Wife's phone) / 3 Australia Post Paid SIM (both)

Looking for data / voice SIMS for Europe in August 2010 - UK, France, Italy, Austria, Croatia and Bosnia

Old
  (#14)
Effendi (Offline)
The great Dictator!
Prepaid Prophet

Default 12-07-2010, 13:24

To check your credit just dial *123#

Working Prepaids: IT: Wind, Vodafone IT, UNO Mobile; SM: Prima; UK: 3, Virgin; INT: TravelSIM, Truphone.
Deceased Prepaids: CZ: Oskar, Eurotel; SK: Orange; DE: E-Plus, Aldi, Simyo; GE: Geocell; AM: Armentel; PL: Heyah, Plus; LT: Tele2; LV: Amigo; EE: Elisa; UA: Kyivstar; NZ: Vodafone; INT: UM, UM+, ICQSim.
GSM/3G Phones: Nokia Lumia 630 dual sim