PrePaidGSM.net Forum (Archived)

Old
  (#61)
GadgetKen (Offline)
Prepaid Expert

Default 03-08-2012, 04:55

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRNewcomb View Post
Worse than that. If you show up in DPRK with a mobile phone the only roaming you'll be doing is back and forth in your prison cell.
And I can only imagine what they would do if I showed up in the DPRK with my Iridium satphone (one of the few countries where it's banned for political reasons).

North Korea has official mobile phone service through a 3G network set up by Orascom of Egypt called Koryolink. Other than high handset prices the average worker can not afford, international direct dial is blocked and some handset functions are deliberately disabled. Unofficially near the North Korea/China border, some people use smuggled Chinese phones to call internationally on Chinese networks that can be accessed: http://www.theglobeandmail.com/repor...rticle4103903/

Orascom did sign an agreement with roaming provider Link2One http://www.mach.com/en/News-Events/P...ne-Roaming-Hub but I highly doubt this would ever lead to any official roaming on Koryolink.

Phones/Wireless Devices: Doogee S90, Isatphone Pro, Amazon Kindle 3G, SkyRoam MiFi device, Karma MiFi device, AT&T Liberate MiFi device
Sim Cards: T-Mobile (Mint), AT&T (Mifi device or Kindle), Koko
Satphone: InMarSat
Broadband US Wireless Data: AT&T postpaid, Sprint (Karma Mobility prepaid)
Broadband International Data: SkyRoam
VOIP: Skype

Old
  (#62)
Stu (Offline)
Prepaid Guru

Default 03-08-2012, 14:46

The roaming agreement is probably a one way agreement so that North Korean government officials can use their mobiles while conducting official business in Macao, Monnaco, Tahiti, etc.

Old
  (#63)
fsotirop (Offline)
Prepaid Expert

Default 12-08-2012, 09:24

camelmobile has NO active roaming agreement in North Korea.. camel:manual:roaming_partners [SertexSoft]

Old
  (#64)
Eustar (Offline)
Advanced Member

Default 12-08-2012, 14:41

......duplicate, sorry.....

My favorite sim and VoIP for roaming in Europe and worldwide:

UWT-mobile and Xxsim: for call+sms in Europa extern and Worldwide
ToggleMobile: for internet+call+sms only in EU intern
(VoIP/Sip) FriendCaller or SipCall.ch
: Worldwide sms+call

Last edited by Eustar; 12-08-2012 at 14:58..

Old
  (#65)
Eustar (Offline)
Advanced Member

Default 12-08-2012, 14:45

Quote:
Originally Posted by fsotirop View Post
it's a very trustive firm but i can;t comment on their website security. i was advised it would be updated soon.
Camelmobile is a fully licensed mobile operator in Latvia, registration licence no: 40103181903. About company - CamelMobile
Camelmobile is a subsiadary of BITE-LATVIA network. For Private | www.bite.lv
BITE-LATVIA network is owned by the mother-company BITE Group ... BIT? - BIT? Group
mother-company BITE Group also operates in Lithuania with its owned network BITE-LITHUANIA www.bite.lt » Mok?jimo planai
Camel mobile is the international part (only for roaming) of BITE-LATVIA...doesn't operate localy in Latvia, even though it uses the mobile tel. numbers prefixes of BITE-LATVIA +371222 & +37121.
Bite Group is included on Vodafone's worldwide partner networks since 2003... BIT? - BIT? and Vodafone partnership
that is why camelmobile simcards are preset to prefer vodafone networks abroad, even though you can manually select another network.

camelmobile was founded is 2005..and operates also via several worldwide resellers (mainly european) such as: alfamobile, teletie, novikontas, altitel, novasim, teqli-telecom e.t.c.

just contact them via email ( tk@camelmobile.com ) to place your order, as i did, you don't have to send anything that way.
you can either send the payment via paypal or bank transfer.
if you wish a specific number seen as availiable on their website, ask the to reserve it for you when you email them.

after payment ask them to give you a unique username & passowrd to access the online management tool of your account. camel

you'll also be able to topup/recharge your account with either paypal or credit/debit card with a selection 2currencies, either usd or euro.

very important:
-minimum recharge amount 1euro or 1usd.
-unlimited validity of the simcard and the credit on it, never expire.
-calls within Europe are charged per second, all other travel simcards charge per minute.

as advised for their cc, new reduced rates, will be announced next week. & direct calling (no callback anymore) to be launched next month.

Excuse me, these numbers do not belong "Latvia BITE MOBILE", numbers are "Latvia MOBILE", see tariff calculation from the Germany... numbered 8673 and 8674 and map of prefixes Latvia are the numbers divided by the company! Bite Mobile, Lettland Mobile, Tele 2...etc, Call cost from the Germany (dearly) 69.9c

-> CallRelax (germ.) <-

why can not camelmobile ads?

My favorite sim and VoIP for roaming in Europe and worldwide:

UWT-mobile and Xxsim: for call+sms in Europa extern and Worldwide
ToggleMobile: for internet+call+sms only in EU intern
(VoIP/Sip) FriendCaller or SipCall.ch
: Worldwide sms+call

Old
  (#66)
fsotirop (Offline)
Prepaid Expert

Default 12-08-2012, 16:36

each calling or voip provider has different rates my friend..you should be aware of this!
have a look for example at rebtel... Cheap International calling rates from Rebtel 0.18 per minute for calling 371222 numbers..

and just for your info... the termination rate for camelmobile numbers (371222 & 37121) is 0.16eur. per minute.

Old
  (#67)
prion (Offline)
Prepaid Pioneer

Default 12-08-2012, 21:54

Quote:
each calling or voip provider has different rates my friend..you should be aware of this!
have a look for example at rebtel... Cheap International calling rates from Rebtel 0.18 per minute for calling 371222 numbers..

and just for your info... the termination rate for camelmobile numbers (371222 & 37121) is 0.16eur. per minute.
How do you know this is the termination rate?

Old
  (#68)
fsotirop (Offline)
Prepaid Expert

Default 13-08-2012, 15:45

Quote:
Originally Posted by prion View Post
How do you know this is the termination rate?
they did told it to me when complained to them that a few tel.providers charge enormous rates for calling their numbers...

Old
  (#69)
prion (Offline)
Prepaid Pioneer

Default 13-08-2012, 21:42

Quote:
they did told it to me when complained to them that a few tel.providers charge enormous rates for calling their numbers...
I suppose you have already noticed that OTE (Greek Telecom Organization) is charging one euro/min to connect to these numbers?

Wind landline telephony in Greece is also charging 2,23 euros/min for all +3712 numbers!

Also globe7 is charging 1,1 USD/min for these numbers! Betamax/finarea/dellmont clones do not appear to connect.

All these tell us that the termination rates are far more expensive. There are af cource still some cheap routes. The question is how long they will last...

I do remember that When I bought my UM sim which had a +423663 number there were a few carriers that charged even 10c/min only! But most were not connecting or charging more. I think the same think will happen here.

Old
  (#70)
fsotirop (Offline)
Prepaid Expert

Default 15-08-2012, 09:21

my friend.. some few examples for your reference:

rebtel charges 0.18 per minute
localphone 0.21 per minute
betamax premium route 0.162 per minute...

so, no worry!
camelmobile number ranging routing+access is handled by their own...for axapmle they have special agreement with TELEFONICA...for intra-europe routing at advertised termination rate.
so there will ALWAYS be low cost access to their service.. despite other travelsim cards...

*in our company we also use some spare camelmobile numbers for calling our drivers... intra-rates: 0.18/min. with per second billing...

direct calling, no callback anymore, is also introduced in Greece by camelmobile since last month.

Last edited by fsotirop; 15-08-2012 at 09:30..