PrePaidGSM.net Forum (Archived)

Old
  (#1)
andy (Offline)
Prepaid Prophet

Default weather - 06-01-2010, 14:05

On a different forum, I just read a post by someone saying a business contact in Finland told him they'd discovered a new comedy TV channel - weather reports from the UK.

As little as half an inch is sometimes enough to cause road problems here, due to some councils arguably being negligent about treating roads, and some are now down to less than a day's stock of salt, but there are places with 6 or 8 inches (15 to 20 cm) even in parts of the south, probably a bit normal for many of you

Meanwhile, here is a photo I just saw on a forum for O2 Ireland customers, in a thread about coverage being temporarily down in a certain area. It rather reminds me of standing near the foot of a TV mast in Germany years ago, with warning signs saying Vorsicht: herabfallendes Eis. So much for the idea that microwaves and phone signals heat things too much

Old
  (#2)
Malkav (Offline)
Prepaid Expert

Default 09-01-2010, 15:34

Aye the weather here sucks.....

Current networks: Orange 3g UK, 3 pay monthly, Virgin pay as you go UK, 3UK payg, Tesco payg, Asda mobile

Active phones: Blackberry Torch (02), Google Nexus one (Vodafone)
Inactive Sims: Oskar Czech R, BT Genie Pay as you go UK.

Spare (unused phones)
NEC 616, Ericsson t68/i, Nokia 3310, Sendo m550, Mototorola v66i, Motorola a1000.lg u880, Sony Ericsson t230. Orange spv m5000, Samsung z400, Motorola SLVR (Red)!, lobster tv700, spv m700, prada phone, motorola l7e, Skype phone, siemens sl65, blackberry 8810, Nokia 6500 slide X2.

Old
  (#3)
borjeg (Offline)
Prepaid Fan

Default 09-01-2010, 16:49

The temperature in here Sweden lies between -20 and -40 C now.
The weather doesn't suck... it's impossible to suck the cold air...

Old
  (#4)
Bossman (Offline)
Prepaid Professionist

Default 09-01-2010, 21:57

Current temp here in Chicago is 7 farenheit. It was -3 this morning. If you factor in the wind chill, it's insane!

Phones: Xiaomi Mi Mix 2, Samsung Galaxy A50, ASUS zenfone 3,
Sim cards: AT&T (Contract), 3 UK, Piranha Mobile

Old
  (#5)
RTuesday (Offline)
Prepaid Expert

Default 10-01-2010, 04:14

Bit chilly here as well - dropping to around 15C/60F at night but back up to 23C/73F in the day...

That's in the shade. I spot-measured the temperature on some bricks in the sun today at 52C/125F. In the summer the same bricks reach 90C/194F (and the inside of my car is close to that), so this really does feel chilly!

(Baja California, Mexico).

Old
  (#6)
ptb (Offline)

Default 11-02-2010, 09:14

it's not too bad here in Germany, -5 or so.
the bad thing is the snow, its been white for over 2 months now...
i haven't seen this much snow for such a long time in my life!

Old
  (#7)
powerlifter (Offline)
Prepaid Fan

Default Snow - 11-02-2010, 16:47

Well here in the DC area we have 81inches of snow just this week. Yes 81. I just finished getting my car out of the snow. The roads are so bad they are telli9ng everyone to stay home. All the schools are closed as well as most of the governments. Airports are closed as well. Just another wonderful day in paradise.

[size=1]Prepaid cards, Moldova Tempo, Kyrg Republic BiTel, India Hutch, Bulgaria Mtel, Vodafone, UK. Etisalat. UAE. Afghan Wireless, Afghanistan. Three, UK. T-mobile post-paid.

Phones Gsm Iphone6+

Old
  (#8)
adam917 (Offline)
Prepaid Fan

Default 12-02-2010, 00:16

Philly here. We broke most if not all of the local records and made new ones between the 3 storms we had from 19 December (yes, snow here before winter officially started) to now, with more snow to come around Tuesday!

Old
  (#9)
petemosby (Offline)

Default 01-12-2010, 18:36

Hello from Bulgaria. The weather here is pretty warm considering it's 1st of December. Usually this time of the year we have seen the first snow or even having a lot of it

Old
  (#10)
PhotoJim (Offline)
Prepaid Expert

Default 01-12-2010, 21:06

Tons of snow here in Saskatchewan - we had an early winter - and temperatures the last two weeks have meandered between about 0 C and -28 C. -20-ish predicted tonight, more like -30 with the wind chill.

CA: SaskTel, Wind postpaid; Rogers, Bell postpaid iPad flex plans; US: T-Mobile postpaid data, prepaid voice; PureTalk (AT&T MVNO) prepaid voice/data; AT&T prepaid iPad plan

Hardware: Too much but notably iPhone 5, iPad Mini Retina LTE, Moto G LTE (N.A. version), iPhone 4. All unlocked.