PrePaidGSM.net Forum (Archived)

Old
  (#1)
tlinetrader (Offline)
Amateur Member

Default WIND sim not activating - 10-06-2011, 16:33

My daughter arrived in Italy on Tuesday and got her WIND sim on Wednesday. Now its Friday and there's no service yet. She signed up for phone service and mega unlimited data. Anyone else have this experience? I checked the WIND website for a customer service email but couldn't find anything.

Old
  (#2)
Effendi (Offline)
The great Dictator!
Prepaid Prophet

Default 10-06-2011, 19:03

There's no way to contact Wind by e-mail.

Can she connect to the network? I.e. does she see I Wind on the screen? Can she dial *123#? THat's to check the credit. She can also dial 4242, set English prompts.

If she still has problems she can go back to the dealer and ask help to them.

Working Prepaids: IT: Wind, Vodafone IT, UNO Mobile; SM: Prima; UK: 3, Virgin; INT: TravelSIM, Truphone.
Deceased Prepaids: CZ: Oskar, Eurotel; SK: Orange; DE: E-Plus, Aldi, Simyo; GE: Geocell; AM: Armentel; PL: Heyah, Plus; LT: Tele2; LV: Amigo; EE: Elisa; UA: Kyivstar; NZ: Vodafone; INT: UM, UM+, ICQSim.
GSM/3G Phones: Nokia Lumia 630 dual sim

Old
  (#3)
Seagoon (Offline)

Default 12-07-2011, 06:04

Quote:
Originally Posted by Effendi View Post
If she still has problems she can go back to the dealer and ask help to them.
Did she buy the SIM from the Wind dealer at Termini station in Rome? I bought three cards from them on Sunday (1 for me, 1 for my wife, and one for a USB data modem). 2 x 9 Limited for voice, 1 Mega Unlimited. After we pay, they tell us they have no money in their bank account by which they send money to Wind electronically to credit accounts and activate options. I have no idea how they can trade that way, but results as of Tuesday:

* 1 x 9 Limited edition SIM active with 5 Euro credit from Wind already on the card, still waiting for the extra 5 Euro credit from the dealer
* 1 x 9 Limited edition SIM active but with zero credit on it from Wind & dealer. Went back to dealer & called Wind at 155 - they all said it was "impossible" not to have the 5 Euro startup credit. Still waiting for the extra 5 Euro credit from the dealer
* 1 x SIM with Mega Unlimited but zero credit thus useless.

I managed to get Mega Unlimited working on one of my 9 Limited Edition cards by buying credit from the supermarket across the hall and sending the activation SMS as described elsewhere by Effendi. Much faster than via the dealer!

Staff generally rude and not willing to assist unless pressed - I actually saw a staffmember with a swastika tattoo denigrating an African customer with racial taunts!

I hope this isn't a sign of Wind customer service! If you want Wind at Termini (their packages are pretty good, and Data coverage is also OK - mine works in country Tuscany) buy a basic card from the dealer and get an instant refill from the supermarket across the hall. Otherwise you'll be waiting days.

Old
  (#4)
Effendi (Offline)
The great Dictator!
Prepaid Prophet

Default 12-07-2011, 10:12

Hi Seagoon, I'm totally sorry for you and totally ashamed by the behaviour of some of my compatriots... it's not a matter of Wind or other operators. It's a matter of EDUCATION. When it lacks there's nothing to do. As an Italian I can only be sorry and disgusted.

P.S. Lots of neo-fascists in Rome

Working Prepaids: IT: Wind, Vodafone IT, UNO Mobile; SM: Prima; UK: 3, Virgin; INT: TravelSIM, Truphone.
Deceased Prepaids: CZ: Oskar, Eurotel; SK: Orange; DE: E-Plus, Aldi, Simyo; GE: Geocell; AM: Armentel; PL: Heyah, Plus; LT: Tele2; LV: Amigo; EE: Elisa; UA: Kyivstar; NZ: Vodafone; INT: UM, UM+, ICQSim.

Old
  (#5)
viperjet (Offline)

Unhappy 12-07-2011, 11:46

I am also facing some problems on the wind sim card.

I bought a Wind Sim at IPER counter and ask for Mega Ore: 50 hours

I paid € 10.00 for the SIM card and recharge it with € 15.00.

It took about 1 day for the Sim card to be activated.

I checked my credit by *123# and is was at € 15.00

================================================== ========
This is what i had done;

I Send a SMS " Mega Ore Si " to 4033 and received a reply as below;

Gentile Cliente, grazie per la sua richiesta. Entro 48 ore ricevera' un sms di conferma dell'avvenuta attivazione dell'opzione "Mega Ore".

After about 30 mins i received another message;
Gentile cliente, La informiamo che la promozione è giÃ* attiva. Per maggiori informazioni visiti il sito Area Clienti

I checked my credit by *123# and is was still at € 15.00

Can anyone help me out ??

Thanks !!!

Old
  (#6)
Seagoon (Offline)

Default 12-07-2011, 13:55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Effendi View Post
Hi Seagoon, I'm totally sorry for you and totally ashamed by the behaviour of some of my compatriots... it's not a matter of Wind or other operators. It's a matter of EDUCATION. When it lacks there's nothing to do. As an Italian I can only be sorry and disgusted.

P.S. Lots of neo-fascists in Rome
Hi Effendi

No problem, I am world-wise enough to know that every place has its fair share of people who really make us all cringe. It is their responsibility and that of their employer, not that of a whole country.

What I am more worried about is getting the recharge money this dealer charged me. 10 Euros per voice SIM and 20 Euros for the Mega Unlimited SIM, paid on Sunday, still not in our accounts. It seems to me this is a fly-by-night operation that takes people's cash and uses that to pay business expenses before transferring credit to customers Wind accounts. Possibly contrary to company law on insolvent trading in some jurisdictions I would guess.

I am not alone. They had a thick pile of photocopied client details & simcards of those they had "served" on Sunday. I wonder if the OP's daughter is in the same boat. I get that it was a Sunday and dependent businesses were closed, but it is now Tuesday afternoon....

In any case, not a good look for the Wind brand in this very busy gateway into Italy for thousands of tourists!

A shame - the data package is great, and works great here in the countryside of Castellino in Chianti.

BTW - thanks for your excellent guide on prepaid data in Italy - it is invaluable!

Last edited by Seagoon; 12-07-2011 at 14:12..

Old
  (#7)
Effendi (Offline)
The great Dictator!
Prepaid Prophet

Default 13-07-2011, 13:18

Quote:
Originally Posted by viperjet View Post
I checked my credit by *123# and is was still at € 15.00

Can anyone help me out ??
if you dial *155*1# what does it tell you?
Mega 50 Ore should cost 9€/month so if you refilled with 15 you should have 5€ (initial credit) + 15€ (refill) -9€ (Mega Ore) = 11€

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seagoon View Post
BTW - thanks for your excellent guide on prepaid data in Italy - it is invaluable!
thanks, at least our website helped you.
I fear they stole your money at that shop, but sometimes it can take much time to be activated, expecially if they don't send the fax to Wind at the shop...

Old
  (#8)
sdoe21 (Offline)

Default 22-07-2011, 23:19

Hello!

A question from me also!

I have a smartphone. Can I buy a sim card and then activate a programme that is for "tablet or pc's" or I have to choose one for "smartphones" ??
I have the feeling that those programms are better. With more gigabytes and less money.

Old
  (#9)
sdoe21 (Offline)

Default 30-07-2011, 10:09

Anyone???

Old
  (#10)
mingelli (Offline)
Prepaid Fan

Default 31-07-2011, 07:44

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdoe21 View Post
Anyone???
With TIM you can use Internet senza limiti ( is meant for Tablets but works also on smartphones) will cost you 24 euro a month up yp 10 Gb, and you can also use Voip.

Navigare da Tablet - Internet - TIM