PrePaidGSM.net Forum (Archived)

Old
  (#1)
alkazeltser (Offline)

Default Spain - Pre-paid internet ? Important Question - 23-06-2009, 20:50

Hello i'm going with my family for Holidays to Spain but we want to take our little netbook with us and this is the question are there any prepaid internet offers and do i need to buy their modem to make it work, or i can buy my own unlocked modem and use it there with just their sim, i tried to find anything at the providers webpages but i could only find Orange Offer with modem for 49E , and Vodafone some kind of vouchers for specified time/date. Please clariffy this problem for me, if you'd be able to do that i would really appriciate it. Thanx

Old
  (#2)
petkow (Offline)
Prepaid Pioneer

Default 25-06-2009, 10:25

For the cheapest prepaid internet you have 2 options which are Yoigo and Simyo. You can use either in an unlocked Modem or your unlocked Phone connected to your netbook via cable or Bluetooth. You do not need to buy a modem with them. Check: http://www.prepaidgsm.net/forum/euro...to-500mb-5.htm for some recent discussion. In my opinion Simyo is the best deal, but the SIM is not easy to get in shops and ideally needs to be sent to the appartment/hotel where you are staying. Yoigo can easily be bought in shops such as The Phone House.

There are also some other MVNO's whose SIM's can easily be bought in shops that do cheapish internet packages without any minimum commitment. One of them is blau.es - El ahorro inteligente. Habla = Paga - who do a monthly "unlimited" package for 21.50 Euros, (they throttle speed after 1GB useage in a month though).

You could also consider Vueling Mobile (an MVNO run by the low cost airline) who like Yoigo have a 1.20 Euro daily capped rate.

There are way too many MVNO's here in Spain as it is and they all seem to be doing various offers at the moment. Apparantly, you can buy a box containing a complete MVNO kit for 300,000 Euros here in Spain at the moment. No wonder every supermarket, airline etc. seems to want to get a virtual mobile network going!

Old
  (#3)
alkazeltser (Offline)

Default 25-06-2009, 17:37

Thanx for quick answear.