PrePaidGSM.net Forum (Archived)

Old
  (#1)
T3mp0 (Offline)

Question Fonic money transfer - 20-06-2015, 06:09

Hello to all

Is there a way to transfer money (balance or whatever you call it) from one number to another?

I have recharged my account with 10 EUR and activated the Smart S. Turns out that it did not activate immediately and when I turned the mobile data on it consumed some cents from my balance. Now it says:

It seems to me it will not be activated because there is not sufficient balance (at least 9,95) on my account (despite showing the information Smart S 'Aktiv ab 20.06.2015'. Yesterday it was 'Aktiv ab 19.06.2015')

So I think if there was a way to transfer some money from another user (one of my family has some extra on his account) I could try to reactivate it.

Old
  (#2)
andy (Offline)
Prepaid Prophet

Default 20-06-2015, 11:24

I don't know for Fonic. Some brands seem to have this option betwen their own customers but some seem to dislike it.

Old
  (#3)
wolfbln (Offline)
Prepaid Expert

Default 21-06-2015, 23:26

You are right. Some have this option, but not Fonic.

You can get a 5 € top-up voucher at Lidl to refill
Or you can add 0.13 € by bank transfer, if you are willing to wait.
http://www.prepaid-wiki.de/index.php...rweisung_FONIC

So I never quite understood the advantage of the transfer form SIM to SIM option but in emergencies.

Hope, you'll learn the golden rule for German SIM cards: NEVER activate data until your package has been confirmed. Fonic charges 24ct per MB, but only around 2ct/MB in packs.

Old
  (#4)
T3mp0 (Offline)

Default 22-06-2015, 05:02

Thanks for the tip wolfbln. I'll see if that works. Seems to be very useful in my situation.

Ah, one question. On that page there is the following information:

Quote:
Rufnummer und vierstellige Prüfsumme1 im Format: 01xx-xxxxxxx-abcd
My phone numbers does NOT match, I have one digit more: 0176-98xxxx17 and what is that abcd at the end?

Old
  (#5)
inquisitor (Offline)
Prepaid Professionist

Default 22-06-2015, 11:47

Quote:
Originally Posted by T3mp0 View Post
My phone numbers does NOT match, I have one digit more: 0176-98xxxx17 and what is that abcd at the end?
That is the checksum which you can calculate at http://www.prepaid-wiki.de/index.php...rwendungszweck where you simply need to enter your phone number and click "weiter".

terminals: Samsung: Galaxy S5 DuoS (G900FD); BLU: Win HD LTE; Nokia: 1200; Asus: Fonepad 7 ME372CG; Huawei data: E3372, Vodafone R201, K3765, E1762;
postpaid: O2 on Business XL; prepaid: DE: Aldi Talk, Lidl; UK: 3; BG: MTel, vivacom; RU: MTS; RS: MTS; UAE: du Tourist SIM; INT'L: toggle mobile
VoIP: sipgate.de (German DID); sipgate.co.uk (British DID); ukddi.com (British DID); sipcall.ch (Swiss DID); megafon.bg (Bulgarian DID); InterVoip.com

Old
  (#6)
T3mp0 (Offline)

Default 22-06-2015, 14:10

Thanks inquisitor.

Tags
fonic