PrePaidGSM.net Forum (Archived)

Old
  (#1)
Hank C Burnette (Offline)
Amateur Member

Default Tim Italy: Aggiornamento dati (update personal data) - 21-07-2009, 23:25

Premise: i'm an Italian living abroad and in the past i was already customer of TIM.

During my last visit in Italy i bought a Tim sim card, just gave the clerk my passport and my codice fiscale and after 1 hour all went ok.

But soon i realized that they did not ask for my adress, not listed on the passport, as i'm now back in Holland i registered on the tim webpage...and i found in my data my old Italian adress, where i'm not living anymore since 2006 (but my family do).

As far as i know, sometimes TIM request to confirm the personal data of the owner of the sim card: if this will happens, what should i do, as i'm not living anymore there?

Back in Italy!
Prepaids:Wind (I) Blau (D) T-Mobile (NL) T-Mobile (D)
Deceased Prepaids:1 Mobile (I) Ortel (NL) Orange (F) Lebara (UK)

Old
  (#2)
Effendi (Offline)
The great Dictator!
Prepaid Prophet

Default 22-07-2009, 07:59

I think it's really not a problem. I don't think TIM needs your address for anything and you said your family still lives there so just don't care about it.

Working Prepaids: IT: Wind, Vodafone IT, UNO Mobile; SM: Prima; UK: 3, Virgin; INT: TravelSIM, Truphone.
Deceased Prepaids: CZ: Oskar, Eurotel; SK: Orange; DE: E-Plus, Aldi, Simyo; GE: Geocell; AM: Armentel; PL: Heyah, Plus; LT: Tele2; LV: Amigo; EE: Elisa; UA: Kyivstar; NZ: Vodafone; INT: UM, UM+, ICQSim.
GSM/3G Phones: Nokia Lumia 630 dual sim

Old
  (#3)
Amateur Member

Default 22-07-2009, 11:38

Thanks for the infos, Effendi.

I wonder why TIM sometims ask again for datas that they already have, but if this will happens...i'll just send them a fax with my documents.

Have a nice day!

Back in Italy!

Old
  (#4)
maccoy (Offline)
Prepaid Fan

Default 22-07-2009, 14:56

I'm Italian too, living in France, and I never got my address updated to my new French address.
They always use your old address as a "domicilio" in Italy.

Prepaid
I: Vodafone, Wind, 3; F: Bouygues Telecom; M: Melita; INT: Travelsim, Zeromobile.

Old
  (#5)
9eor9 (Offline)
Prepaid Expert

Default 22-07-2009, 15:08

The problem occurs when your SIM is damaged and you order a new one...., because you'd like to keep the number and your balance.

Old
  (#6)
Effendi (Offline)
The great Dictator!
Prepaid Prophet

Default 23-07-2009, 09:27

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9eor9 View Post
The problem occurs when your SIM is damaged and you order a new one...., because you'd like to keep the number and your balance.
I fear they would never send it outside of Italy. If you damage your sim you can just go to a TIM shop and get a new one, in Italy of course.

Working Prepaids: IT: Wind, Vodafone IT, UNO Mobile; SM: Prima; UK: 3, Virgin; INT: TravelSIM, Truphone.
Deceased Prepaids: CZ: Oskar, Eurotel; SK: Orange; DE: E-Plus, Aldi, Simyo; GE: Geocell; AM: Armentel; PL: Heyah, Plus; LT: Tele2; LV: Amigo; EE: Elisa; UA: Kyivstar; NZ: Vodafone; INT: UM, UM+, ICQSim.
GSM/3G Phones: Nokia Lumia 630 dual sim

Old
  (#7)
cangia (Offline)

Default 24-07-2009, 09:46

Recently (1 month ago) TIM advise me, by sms that they have not (for me they don't find) all my documents copies for a Sim activated more than 2 years ago.
They ask me to resend these documents copies, if not so the sim will be blocked.
I went to TIM center giving the documents, they say TIM are reorganizing all customers documents due to a new law/regulation.
And so to many customers they send this request to resend documents.

Old
  (#8)
christi951 (Offline)

Default 24-07-2009, 17:55

I got one of those text messages also. I live in the US, so I have a bit of a problem going into the TIM store. I printed out the form and filled it in, but I am unable to fax it from the US. What address would I put on the form? I really don't have an Italian address. Any ideas about what to do? I tried calling 119, but my extremely limited Italian isn't up to dealing with customer service.

Also, my prompts used to be in English after the hotel clerk set them. They have gone back to Italian. How do I change them back to English?

Thank you for any assistance with these problems.

Christi

Old
  (#9)
Amateur Member

Default 24-07-2009, 22:26

Quote:
Originally Posted by christi951 View Post
I got one of those text messages also. I live in the US, so I have a bit of a problem going into the TIM store. I printed out the form and filled it in, but I am unable to fax it from the US. What address would I put on the form? I really don't have an Italian address. Any ideas about what to do? I tried calling 119, but my extremely limited Italian isn't up to dealing with customer service.
the 800 600 119 number is a toll-free fax number unreacheable from abroad...maybe some fellow Italian can call the customer service and ask if they have anoter "normal" number that can be reached from abroad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by christi951 View Post

Also, my prompts used to be in English after the hotel clerk set them. They have gone back to Italian. How do I change them back to English?

Thank you for any assistance with these problems.

Christi
I'm afraid you can do by calling the 4916, but just when you're in Italy.

I just tried to call it, but all i could choose was "top up" and some rant over activating several "holidays promo" but no access to other menus, including changing language

Back in Italy!

Old
  (#10)
9eor9 (Offline)
Prepaid Expert

Default 25-07-2009, 10:49

//I got one of those text messages also. I live in the US, so I have a bit of a problem going into the TIM store. I printed out the form and filled it in, but I am unable to fax it from the US. What address would I put on the form? I really don't have an Italian address. Any ideas about what to do? I tried calling 119, but my extremely limited Italian isn't up to dealing with customer service.//

I can't tell you the address to put on, but just browse the web and look in their website for a contact address or similar. Maybe you'll find it under "Impressum".
Or do you still have a leaflet or similar?

I've done that way with some swiss providers to update my address which was not possible online and then sent by postal letter.
If they refuse to save your US address try to use an address which really exists.