PrePaidGSM.net Forum (Archived)

Old
  (#151)
hkr (Offline)
Advanced Member

Default Customer service replies e-mails... - 05-05-2009, 15:32

On 16th April I sent a ticket to the UM customer service regarding the breakdown of service.

Today (5th May) they sent me an e-mail reply:

Dear Customer,

Since 04/15/2009 we are suffering from a complete outage of the +44 platform. We are working on a solution of this problem with all our effort.

With best regards

United Mobile Customer Service

Are they trying to catch up with tickets?

Postpaid:
3x Vodafone (HU) 1x T-Mobile) formerly also Pannon
Prepaid:
Vodafone, Pannon, T-Mobile (HU) Optimus (PT) SamiSwoi, ERA, Orange (PL) VIP (HR) T-Mobile (AT) Vodafone, O2, Orange, T-Mobile (UK) Vodafone (DE) Data-only prepaid: Vodafone, T-Mobile, Djuice/Pannon (HU)
International SIMs: UM+, Sim4Travel, TravelSim
Phones: Nokia E51, E71, Samsung D880, SE P990i, Ericsson T39m -forever! , many others in the drawer. 3G modems Huawei E220, E870, EU870D, U740, Alcatel X200
VoIP: Justvoip, CallWithUs, Neophonex, fonline, Macrogate and several others for outgoing... DIDs from Macrogate, DIDww, Gradwell, Voxbone and others. FreePBX, Vigor router with inbuilt ATA, Nokia E-series phones.

Old
  (#152)
dmapr (Offline)

Default 05-05-2009, 19:10

Quote:
Originally Posted by hkr View Post
On 16th April I sent a ticket to the UM customer service regarding the breakdown of service.

Today (5th May) they sent me an e-mail reply:

Dear Customer,

Since 04/15/2009 we are suffering from a complete outage of the +44 platform. We are working on a solution of this problem with all our effort.

With best regards

United Mobile Customer Service

Are they trying to catch up with tickets?
Probably, I sent a ticket on April 20th and got a canned reply which has been augmented with the following disclaimer: Due to a high volume of requests, it might take some days until your request will be answered. Thank you for your understanding.

As of yet there's been no reply.

Old
  (#153)
LBarouf (Offline)
Official Member

Default Icqsim - 06-05-2009, 06:08

Any ICQSIM users here? It should be down also...no?

Old
  (#154)
prion (Offline)
Prepaid Pioneer

Default 06-05-2009, 06:56

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBarouf View Post
Any ICQSIM users here? It should be down also...no?
I do not have icqsim but since the number is +423 I can tell you that mine (normal +423 card) is working for incoming calls only.

Old
  (#155)
maccoy (Offline)
Prepaid Fan

Default 06-05-2009, 08:22

My ICQSIM is working for incoming calls only...

Prepaid
I: Vodafone, Wind, 3; F: Bouygues Telecom; M: Melita; INT: Travelsim, Zeromobile.

Old
  (#156)
kormack8 (Offline)

Default 10-05-2009, 10:40

Am I right to assume that the +423 UM lines can only receive incoming calls at the moment?

I'm leaving for Europe soon and having a half-working sim card is better than one that doesn't work at all (i.e. UM +44).

Old
  (#157)
andy (Offline)
Prepaid Prophet

Default 10-05-2009, 11:22

Quote:
Originally Posted by kormack8 View Post
Am I right to assume that the +423 UM lines can only receive incoming calls at the moment?

I'm leaving for Europe soon and having a half-working sim card is better than one that doesn't work at all (i.e. UM +44).

Yes. Incoming calls have been working throughout. And receiving sms.

Logged in to the account, the call record updates within half an hour, and the connection charge is shown for the answered calls.

There have been a couple of times when the balance was incorrectly shown as zero, but that was apparently resolved, and calls would still answer anyway. But if you were thinking you might receive more calls than your current balance would allow, you might be on new ground, finding out whether manual top-ups are still possible.

Old
  (#158)
kormack8 (Offline)

Default 10-05-2009, 11:32

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy View Post
Yes. Incoming calls have been working throughout. And receiving sms.

Logged in to the account, the call record updates within half an hour, and the connection charge is shown for the answered calls.

There have been a couple of times when the balance was incorrectly shown as zero, but that was apparently resolved, and calls would still answer anyway. But if you were thinking you might receive more calls than your current balance would allow, you might be on new ground, finding out whether manual top-ups are still possible.
Thanks for the confirmation.

I'm just planning for now to use the UM +423 sim in European countries that has free incoming calls. Might as well use up my balance for the setup fees before UM totally goes belly up.

Old
  (#159)
sarunat (Offline)
Amateur Member

Default 11-05-2009, 11:53

Hi! Last updates. Just received from UM... As far as i understand they tell me both +423 and +44 are not working... but they ask my if i want to change my +423 with a new +44... don't know what to think...

----------------------

Please accept our apology for not answering your request earlier.

Customer complaints in the last few weeks have dramatically increased regarding the reliability of the +423 SIM card.
We have undertaken massive efforts to solve the problem but were unable to do so.

Due to this problem and the involved legal dispute our partner Mobilkom has notified us that the +423 platform will be switched off shortly.

In addition, since 04/15/2009 we are suffering from a complete outage of the +44 platform. We are working on a solution of this problem with all our effort.

If you wish to receive a free +44 SIM as a replacement for your +423 SIM card please update your “my account” on United Mobile - Low rates for calls and internet abroad so we are able to send you a new +44 SIM-card for free.

Existing call value can be migrated by our customer service from +423 to +44 SIMs.

Best regards,

Customer Service
United Mobile

Old
  (#160)
sarunat (Offline)
Amateur Member

Default 11-05-2009, 14:42

Wow! They just wrote me also about a 19/4 complain, when i was in france and no way to call using +423 or +44 number...

No fresh news... but this at least shows there's still someone in office...

---------------------

Please accept our apology for not answering your request earlier.

Customer complaints in the last few weeks have dramatically increased regarding the reliability of the +423 SIM card.
We have undertaken massive efforts to solve the problem but were unable to do so.

Due to this problem and the involved legal dispute our partner Mobilkom has notified us that the +423 platform will be switched off shortly.

In addition, since 04/15/2009 we are suffering from a complete outage of the +44 platform. We are working on a solution of this problem with all our effort.

If you wish to receive a free +44 SIM as a replacement for your +423 SIM card please update your “my account” on United Mobile - Low rates for calls and internet abroad so we are able to send you a new +44 SIM-card for free.

Existing call value can be migrated by our customer service from +423 to +44 SIMs.

Best regards,

Customer Service
United Mobile