PrePaidGSM.net Forum (Archived)

Old
  (#1)
sec (Offline)
Prepaid Fan

Default 10-01-2006, 14:23

This is the first time I hear about operators trying to attract roamers on their network (actually there has been a previous case I'm aware of - but it was just a chance to win a mobile phone or similar if being drawn... not very interesting).

Well, it's very limited right now, since you can only earn miles with certain companies (among airlines, basically just with Alitalia's Millemiglia), but nonetheless the concept appears quite interesting... especially if you combine it with a sim card that can roam free of charge (riing or similar - provided this is allowed !!!!).

http://www.travellingconnect.com/

Quote:
You can now earn miles or points when you are travelling abroad and making mobile phone calls on the T-Mobile network in the UK, Austria and the Netherlands or on the Mobistar network in Belgium.
All you need to do is register with Travelling Connect and then manually switch your phone to the T-Mobile network when you travel to the UK, Austria and the Netherlands or to the Mobistar network in Belgium.
If you are a member of one of the following programs, you can start earning awards right away. Choose here from which loyalty program you want to receive awards when making calls abroad:

Alitalia's MilleMiglia?
Hilton HHonors?
Marriott Rewards?
Royal Brunei Airlines?
PS: works only, as far as I understand, when you MAKE a call, not when you receive it... so it might not work, after all, with riiing which uses call back...

My Phones: Nokia 6230 - Nec N343i - Nokia 6230i
My Sims: Wind IT prepaid (+ Voda IT postpaid corporate phone)
Prepaid Sims: WORLWIDE: Riiing, UM+ - IT: Voda, Wind
Deceased Sims: WORLWIDE: Hop - NZ: Vodafone - FR: Bouygues - IT: H3G - US: T-Mobile

Old
  (#2)
powerlifter (Offline)
Prepaid Fan

Default 10-01-2006, 19:25

For Marriot and Hilton points. This offer is not valaid for residents of USA. :ranting2: I guess ppl from the USA don't go to Europe and use a cell phone.
I don't use the airlines in the offer.

[size=1]Prepaid cards, Moldova Tempo, Kyrg Republic BiTel, India Hutch, Bulgaria Mtel, Vodafone, UK. Etisalat. UAE. Afghan Wireless, Afghanistan. Three, UK. T-mobile post-paid.

Phones Gsm Iphone6+