PrePaidGSM.net Forum (Archived)

Old
  (#1)
hkr (Offline)
Advanced Member

Default Sweden - 03-09-2010, 19:55

Hello,

Does anybody know if it is possible for a short time visitor to buy a prepaid SIM for voice + data in Sweden? If yes, which operator/package do you recommend? No big volumes of data, maybe up to 500 MB is more than enough.

Regards,

hkr

Postpaid:
3x Vodafone (HU) 1x T-Mobile) formerly also Pannon
Prepaid:
Vodafone, Pannon, T-Mobile (HU) Optimus (PT) SamiSwoi, ERA, Orange (PL) VIP (HR) T-Mobile (AT) Vodafone, O2, Orange, T-Mobile (UK) Vodafone (DE) Data-only prepaid: Vodafone, T-Mobile, Djuice/Pannon (HU)
International SIMs: UM+, Sim4Travel, TravelSim
Phones: Nokia E51, E71, Samsung D880, SE P990i, Ericsson T39m -forever! , many others in the drawer. 3G modems Huawei E220, E870, EU870D, U740, Alcatel X200
VoIP: Justvoip, CallWithUs, Neophonex, fonline, Macrogate and several others for outgoing... DIDs from Macrogate, DIDww, Gradwell, Voxbone and others. FreePBX, Vigor router with inbuilt ATA, Nokia E-series phones.

Old
  (#2)
borjeg (Offline)
Prepaid Fan

Default 05-09-2010, 11:22

Quote:
Originally Posted by hkr View Post
Hello,

Does anybody know if it is possible for a short time visitor to buy a prepaid SIM for voice + data in Sweden? If yes, which operator/package do you recommend? No big volumes of data, maybe up to 500 MB is more than enough.
Sweden is one of the easiest countries to buy a Prepaid package in. You buy it just as easy as buy patatoes; Pick one out, pay and leave. No registration of any kind and all cards are self activating the minute you start using it.

The Telenor Kontant might be the one you're looking for. But for the data traffic package you'll need to call Customers Service, everyone working there speaks English and the phone call is free of charge.

When you buy the Card, it's empty. You'll have to buy a top up aswell.
I would recommend you to buy 100 SEK "Enkelt" (which means Simple). The price plan and the card itself is then valid for 12 month.
Or if you're planning to phone home and send your SMS and MMS back home, I'll recommend the price plan "World". The price plan is valid for 30 days and the card itself is then valid for 12 month. After 30 days the price plan will fall back on an underlying expensive plan until you top up your card again.

Price examples "World":
Call connection fee 0.99 SEK
Per minute Sweden 0.39 SEK
Per minute Hungary fixed line 0.45 SEK
Per minute Hungary mobile 3.40 SEK
SMS Sweden 0.69 SEK
SMS international 0,99 SEK
MMS Sweden+Int 1,59 SEK
Data traffic maximum 19 SEK/day
Data traffic Package 69 SEK/30 days (no GB traffic limit)

Price examples "Enkelt":
Call connection fee 0.59 SEK
Per minute Sweden 0.59 SEK
SMS Sweden 0.59 SEK
SMS international 2.50 SEK
MMS Sweden+Int 1,59 SEK
Data traffic maximum 19 SEK/day
Data traffic Package 69 SEK/30 days (no GB traffic limit)

Have a look at www.telenor.se (only in Swedish).

Last edited by borjeg; 05-09-2010 at 11:37..

Old
  (#3)
hkr (Offline)
Advanced Member

Default 08-09-2010, 21:35

borjeg,

Thanks for the reply. I am to arrive to Stockholm this Thursday evening. I hope I can buy a card at Arlanda Airport immediately after I land. I will look for the Telenor logo.

Hej-hej

hkr

Postpaid:
Prepaid:
Vodafone, Pannon, T-Mobile (HU) Optimus (PT) SamiSwoi, ERA, Orange (PL) VIP (HR) T-Mobile (AT) Vodafone, O2, Orange, T-Mobile (UK) Vodafone (DE) Data-only prepaid: Vodafone, T-Mobile, Djuice/Pannon (HU)
Phones: Nokia E51, E71, Samsung D880, SE P990i, Ericsson T39m -forever! , many others in the drawer. 3G modems Huawei E220, E870, EU870D, U740, Alcatel X200
VoIP: Justvoip, CallWithUs, Neophonex, fonline, Macrogate and several others for outgoing... DIDs from Macrogate, DIDww, Gradwell, Voxbone and others. FreePBX, Vigor router with inbuilt ATA, Nokia E-series phones.

Old
  (#4)
borjeg (Offline)
Prepaid Fan

Default 10-09-2010, 10:35

Üdvözöljük a Svédország.

I hope you'll find one, but it's not very common with sticker logos, so you better ask for it in a kiosk or a newspaper stand.

Look for "PRESSBYRÅN". They usually carry Prepaids and top ups.

Old
  (#5)
borjeg (Offline)
Prepaid Fan

Default 10-09-2010, 10:37

OH sorry, I didn't check the date and calendar before I replied. You are obviously already there now.

Sorry.

Old
  (#6)
hkr (Offline)
Advanced Member

Default 17-09-2010, 09:16

Hej-hej.

Just back from Sweden I was able to get the card at a pressbyran immediately upon landing. I went for the Telenor Enkelt as you had suggested. There were several other brands and options, even ones with a modem included for SEK 200.

The Telenor card cost me 99 SEK, and I topped up SEK 100. So it cost me SEK 199. I called the customer service (not easy to navigate their IVR if you do not understand Swedish). The girl told me I should have gone for a different offer, as with a 200 SEK topup data would have been free. Anyway, she activated the data option for SEK 69 or so, which offers unlimited data for a month. It worked very well, coverage is quite okay, but bandwidth is limited to 1 Mbps down / 128 kbps up. It was enough for me though as I only used my phone as modem over bluetooth which in itself is also limited in speed. I tried it in a modem too, but speed was no better, so this seems to be a limitation of the card.

I also made a LOT of long calls to numbers in Sweden and sent a dozen or so SMS in Sweden as well as abroad, and I still have about 100 SEK credit valid for another year.

I did not use the card for making international calls, my home operator's roaming offer was better, but I received a lot of calls on this Telenor SE card, so it was a good combination.

Postpaid:
Prepaid:

Old
  (#7)
borjeg (Offline)
Prepaid Fan

Default 17-09-2010, 10:28

Quote:
Originally Posted by hkr View Post
Hej-hej.
The girl told me I should have gone for a different offer, as with a 200 SEK topup data would have been free.
Yes I saw that too. It's a short term offer, valid only this month. Sorry I didn't know that!

I still hope everything worked ok for you.

Old
  (#8)
hkr (Offline)
Advanced Member

Default 29-09-2010, 08:56

Quote:
Originally Posted by borjeg View Post
Yes I saw that too. It's a short term offer, valid only this month. Sorry I didn't know that!

I still hope everything worked ok for you.

No problem, it actually saved me SEK 100

Yes, everything worked fine, but I was surprised to find that bandwidth was capped at 1 Mbps down/256kbps up. Not a bad concept from the operator's perspective, just it was a bit strange to me. 1 Mbps down was more than enough for me, however upload could have been better. I tried to post a few photos to facebook and it was a weebit too slow. But in general I was satisfied with what I got. Coverage was reasonably good and bandwidth constant, with some white spots as we were driving from Karlsborg towards Västerås amond the hills. But that is okay

Postpaid:
Prepaid:

Old
  (#9)
ckole (Offline)

Default Telia does not work with iPhone 3G - 06-06-2011, 22:55

I have a jailbroken iphone and the prepaid Telia card i bought does not work. Not sure what the issue is but thought I would warn others who might want to try this. I resd a few things on the inernet with others having same problem but no solutions. The card does work in another phone so it is an iPhone issue. Mine is jailbroken with Ultrasn0w.

Old
  (#10)
ckole (Offline)

Default 09-06-2011, 20:32

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckole View Post
I have a jailbroken iphone and the prepaid Telia card i bought does not work. Not sure what the issue is but thought I would warn others who might want to try this. I resd a few things on the inernet with others having same problem but no solutions. The card does work in another phone so it is an iPhone issue. Mine is jailbroken with Ultrasn0w.
Quick update. Something went wrong with my jailbreak and unlock so that's why the card didn't work. I set everything back up at home and it works. Only bad thing about Telia is not instructions in English. You buy the starter card for 100K and then 100K of minutes in a separate transaction. You get a receipt with a code that allows you to reload the new card.

I still think Telna is a good card for general use but my new card arrived the day after I left for my trip.