PrePaidGSM.net Forum (Archived)

Old
  (#11)
ticex (Offline)
Advanced Member

Default 17-02-2006, 05:50

I hadn't actually thought to ask that but as Andrea was already kind enough to get me the wind sim card I think it might be a bit much to start asking for scratch cards as well. This is an ongoing issue and I think it would be rather unfair to expect people to go to such trouble.

Anyway, thanks to me using gmail and it having the conveniently placed adverts relevant to the viewed email I found this link:

Starmap PDF

So, it seems beppe was correct before...and rather quick seeing as this was only announced yesterday! From my simple understanding of this it means I can just buy an o2 topup here in the UK. However, I wonder how much the "handling charge" will be when converting it from GBP to Euro? I know Vodafone give a rather poor rate. Also, how do I add the credit?

Old
  (#12)
ticex (Offline)
Advanced Member

Default 17-02-2006, 06:00

I just realised another option which would avoid losing out on the euro/pound exchange rate. I could just buy an online code topup from verivox for o2 Germany. Now I wonder how much would be left from a 20 euro topup?

Still...before I go and buy a topup I'd really like to know it's 100% possible to at least call the wind topup line. What's the number for this when roaming?

Old
  (#13)
Effendi (Offline)
The great Dictator!
Prepaid Prophet

Default 17-02-2006, 08:25

I think the service is not active yet, anyway, you have to recharge in the same country where you buy the top-up, so buying it in Germany you have to go to Germany in order to top-up... quite stupid, but so it works.

So, you should buy an O2 UK top-up card, since you live there. There is a recharge fee, of course, as follows:
- 1? for refills up to 4?
- 2? for refills up to 10?
- 5? for refills up to 59.99?
- free for refills of 60? and more

The exchange rate to ? should be published on http://estero.wind.it but of course there's nothing by now. Surely it won't be too good.

To refill you have to dial the short number 4242. The USSD code is: *124*4242#. With O2 you don't need USSD codes, since it has direct roaming (CAMEL) but I fear you could pay 1?/min with that, while with USSD it's surely free of charge (I should investigate).

Anyway, if you need an Italian top-up don't worry to ask me or Andrea, we surely can help you. Unfortunately Andrea has some problems with his ADSL in these days and that's why you cannot see him here on the forum, and I fear he cannot read e-mails as well (there's some weird problem, he cannot surf non .it sites). Feel free to write us in private (I read the same e-mail) if you need help. I'm sorry because Andrea could surely be more helpful since he's an expert about credit cards and Wind website, while I refill directly with my landline postpaid account and I never used it.

Working Prepaids: IT: Wind, Vodafone IT, UNO Mobile; SM: Prima; UK: 3, Virgin; INT: TravelSIM, Truphone.
Deceased Prepaids: CZ: Oskar, Eurotel; SK: Orange; DE: E-Plus, Aldi, Simyo; GE: Geocell; AM: Armentel; PL: Heyah, Plus; LT: Tele2; LV: Amigo; EE: Elisa; UA: Kyivstar; NZ: Vodafone; INT: UM, UM+, ICQSim.
GSM/3G Phones: Nokia Lumia 630 dual sim

Old
  (#14)
ticex (Offline)
Advanced Member

Default 17-02-2006, 08:46

Thanks very much Effendi - really a great help.

I've tried to call the topup line with direct dial on o2 and with the callback method but as I've now got 0 euro on my account the call doesn't go through :wacko:

I'd guess this means even if I had a topup card number there wouldn't be a way for me to add it into my account. That is unless there is a way to do it via some message type code thing. Anyway, I'll try the mondowind again just now with a Mastercard just in case it makes a difference but it's not looking so hopeful.

Old
  (#15)
AndreA (Offline)
Administrator
Prepaid Genius

Default 17-02-2006, 09:48

ticex can you send me by private mail the details of your registration @ mondowind.it?

I think that we have a problem with "codice fiscale"... better, mondowind has troubles with foreigner "cod fiscale"

ANTPEAΣ AΠO THN ΦΛΩPENTIA
My Phones:
iPhone 2G, E65, N70, P910 DVB-H, A835, 6630, 7600, 6210, S55, T39
"Working" PrePaids: IT: Wind, H3G, Vodafone, Tim, CoopVoce, Poste Mobile, Telepass Mobile,
Uno Mobile - CH: OrangeClick - RSM: Prima Easy - UK: O2, H3G - INT: United Mobile, TravelSim, ICQ SIM
"Deceased" PrePaids: IT: Blu - AT: H3G - FR: Itineris - ES: Yoigo - GR: Cosmote, Frog - HR: Tele2 - UK: Virgin, Orange TO: UCall - NZ: Vodafone - IN: Hutch - CAN: Fido - USA: T-Mobile - INT: Travelfone, CallKey, Globalsim, HopMobile, GT, 09, Mobal, Yackiemobile

ITALIAN TLC BLOG

Old
  (#16)
AndreA (Offline)
Administrator
Prepaid Genius

Default 17-02-2006, 10:36

oh well... another person wrote me about the same problem

</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (email)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>Andrea

Thanks so much for helping with my WIND sim. I have used it for the last few weeks and it's been great. Now I am about to go to Europe again and I need to recharge ............... guess what? Mondowind won't take my credit card again! This is the message that I get back:

Gentile XXX XXXX,

per mondowind on line h molto importante garantire la sicurezza degli acquisti dei suoi Clienti e per questo motivo eseguiamo con attenzione alcune operazioni preliminari di verifica.

Dal momento che per l ordine in oggetto tale verifica non h risultata completamente soddisfacente, per motivi di sicurezza l ordine che hai effettuato h stato annullato.

Cordiali saluti,

Servizio Clienti mondowind on line

So it seems to me that there is now a conflict between the registered address (yours) and the credit card?s billing address (XXXXX) that the security checks are throwing up.

I have sent an email to Wind but as I only have a few days before I leave and only a few until my month expires, I thought the easiest solution this time might be to send you some euro (plus a donation!) via paypal and get you to top up my account for me. Would that be possible? Then we can try to resolve the longer term issue with wind.

[/quote:53f8b9e181]

so ticex I think that i can't help you by email

I can recharge for you but pay attention that PayPal has a extra-fee surchage

My Phones:
"Working" PrePaids: IT: Wind, H3G, Vodafone, Tim, CoopVoce, Poste Mobile, Telepass Mobile,
Uno Mobile - CH: OrangeClick - RSM: Prima Easy - UK: O2, H3G - INT: United Mobile, TravelSim, ICQ SIM
"Deceased" PrePaids: IT: Blu - AT: H3G - FR: Itineris - ES: Yoigo - GR: Cosmote, Frog - HR: Tele2 - UK: Virgin, Orange TO: UCall - NZ: Vodafone - IN: Hutch - CAN: Fido - USA: T-Mobile - INT: Travelfone, CallKey, Globalsim, HopMobile, GT, 09, Mobal, Yackiemobile

ITALIAN TLC BLOG

Old
  (#17)
johnwt1951 (Offline)

Default 17-02-2006, 22:57

Yes that's my message!! I was so pleased when Andrea managed to get things set up so that mondowind accepted my AMEX last month - the mega no limit is a great solution to GPRS charges anywhere in the world!

But now I have the same problem when I try to recharge. I think it's because there is a conflict between my mondowind address and my credit card address or else a problem with the code fiscale that we had to use to get the registration to go through in the first place. There must have been some tightening up of security features.

It's very generous of Andrea to offer to help out here. That's a good short term solution but not fair on Andrea if we all have to do it all the time!!

What's the underlying issue here? Is Wind trying to stop foreigners using their network? Or is it just the system not recognising the possibility? If its the latter then we should be able to get them to sort it out for us - but my Italian fails me! (Like none!)

Andrea and all - thanks for the great help that prepaidgsm.net gives us!

Old
  (#18)
ticex (Offline)
Advanced Member

Default 18-02-2006, 08:22

It's interesting to hear I'm not alone in this problem! As far as I can see it we either have a temporary problem that everybody is having with Mondowind (maybe even people in Italy too), it was only possible to buy once with a foreign card or they've tightened the security and blocked foreigners topping up.

Just in case it's some specific thing with non euro currency cards I've tried again just now with my Belgian Visa card. I'll give it the usual 2-3 hours and let you know if it goes through...I don't have much hope though! I did it a few minutes ago and it just changed to "Ordine in fase di evasione" in the tracking section...maybe a good sign?!

Otherwise - I really do appreciate the offer Andrea and it would really be great if you could do a topup for me. What I'd propose is to do a one-off topup that would cover a few months of mega-no-limit as I think it's really to much to ask every month or so for you to get a topup! Anyway, thanks so much - really so helpful!

Old
  (#19)
AndreA (Offline)
Administrator
Prepaid Genius

Default 18-02-2006, 08:25

I think simply that Mondowind has a crappy control system and they never thought to have customers from abroad (this is really dumb, we have millions of italian living overseas!)... also I wrote them, I hope that they can understand the problem and resolve it soon

My Phones:

ITALIAN TLC BLOG

Old
  (#20)
ticex (Offline)
Advanced Member

Default 18-02-2006, 08:32

Incredible!!! Good news - IT WORKED!!

The status just changed to "Consegnato al Cliente" and I just logged into 155.it and the credit is on my account plus also showing when I do *123# on the handset. I also note the huge difference in speed compared to my AMEX - it took hours to go through whereas this just took a matter of minutes. WIND are now 45 euro richer.

Just so everyone else knows this was with a VISA credit card.

On a side note...the original reason for this topup was because the mega-no-limit renewed when I only had 4.84 euro credit. I was expecting the new credit to drop by the difference but it's just sitting at 40 euro (the exact amount I just added) and the mega no limit credit has updated immediately I did the 1st use a few seconds ago.

Questo il credito disponibile sulla tua linea prepagata Wind: 40,00 Euro
Opzione Mega No Limit: il tuo credito residuo disponibile ?: 2.999,09 Euro

Now, it could be I've scored a cheap mega-no-limit but I think it's more sensible to think they will take the extra shortly....I'll let you all know just in case it's a nice money saver B)