PrePaidGSM.net Forum (Archived)

Old
  (#1)
0700700 (Offline)
Prepaid Fan

Default 08-12-2005, 00:32

Just a quick note that similar to Orange France, Orange UK has started a promotion offering unlimited call packages (to landlines and ORANGE mobiles MIND!!!) for very reasonable prices...

Once you have got your <span style='color:green'>Orange PAYG sim , dial 450 then option 1 then 1 again...</span>

Quick outline

<span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>for ?5 you get unlimited calls all weekend (7pm friday - 8am Monday)
for ?10 you get unlimited evening calls (7pm-8am) all week long
for ?15 you get unlimited anytime minutes all week long..</span>

<span style='color:red'>if you combine this with the NEMO calling card (which gives you UNLIMITED free calls to USA and canada from 7pm to 4am local time every day) you can get a great bargain.. And you still get to use your calling card credit to call anyone else</span>

<span style='color:blue'>or if you combine with YES Simcard or Unitel LYCA you can get as much as 1000minutes to call ANY European Landline or 75Minutes to call RIING for only a ?5calling card</span>

Old
  (#2)
andy (Offline)
Prepaid Prophet

Default 08-12-2005, 03:06

Thanks - interesting - no info on website yet ...

but on the phone menu as described, although I pressed 3 somewhere

note that this fee is for a week of such use

there were also free off-peak calls (to Orange only) and text packages for a month with a ?10 top-up in it - don't know yet whether both will apply

compared to up to 600 or 800 minutes, incl 250 or 300 x-net, on O2 for ?15 ...... I can't make my mind up - for int'l calls O2 would be better though, as almost the whole lot could be

Old
  (#3)
0700700 (Offline)
Prepaid Fan

Default 08-12-2005, 19:29

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy
Thanks - interesting - no info on website yet ...

but on the phone menu as described, although I pressed 3 somewhere

note that this fee is for a week of such use

there were also free off-peak calls (to Orange only) and text packages for a month with a ?10 top-up in it - don't know yet whether both will apply

compared to up to 600 or 800 minutes, incl 250 or 300 x-net, on O2 for ?15 ...... I can't make my mind up - for int'l calls O2 would be better though, as almost the whole lot could be
No , if you choose one of those bundles you WILL NOT get the free off-peak calls to orange phones (which are from 8pm-12pm MIND!!)

You will get free text messages similar to O2 Online..

With 10pound top-up you get 300 messages
With 20pound top-up you get 500 messages
With 30pound top-up you get 1000 messages

andy mate, it would be nice if you actually gave some details for those minutes bundles your claiming on o2 ... 600 or 800 minutes?

<span style='font-size:21pt;line-height:100%'>Come on Andy its nice to share at times</span>

Old
  (#4)
andy (Offline)
Prepaid Prophet

Default 08-12-2005, 19:53

as you pointed out, for ?15 ...
100 x-net minutes
150 off-peak x-net minutes

then ...
+50 x-net minutes or 250 offpeak at home minutes, joining treat
300 minutes to Ireland @ 5p, then use a calling card @ 1.3p/min

all could be for international calls via callthrough, or card, etc

Old
  (#5)
0700700 (Offline)
Prepaid Fan

Default 09-12-2005, 00:21

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy
as you pointed out, for ?15 ...
100 x-net minutes
150 off-peak x-net minutes

then ...
+50 x-net minutes or 250 offpeak at home minutes, joining treat
300 minutes to Ireland @ 5p, then use a calling card @ 1.3p/min

all could be for international calls via callthrough, or card, etc
Andy try calling 2211 from your o2 PAYG sim card, and use option 1 .. You will see that they have <span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>NOW REMOVED joining treats for new customers</span>, althought i managed to get my treat!!!

I was told that they would honour the treats deal for all sim cards bought before the 1st of December

..... Please elaborate or the calling card you are use to call uk from ireland ? using http://www.1st4phonecards.com/ the cheapest i find is ?25 Bubble phone card. Which charges 2.5euro cents per minute ? FOund any cheaper

<span style='font-size:12pt;line-height:100%'>also would you please see if you can give me a hint on rates to call RIING/09 (from mobile) ... posted the question in Gt-sim thread</span>