PrePaidGSM.net Forum (Archived)

Old
  (#1)
9eor9 (Offline)
Prepaid Expert

Default mobile partner data counter reset - 13-05-2009, 17:26

Hi,

maybe I'm just stupid or too tired, but I cannot find out how to reset the data counter in my mobile internet device (Laptop).

It's an Asus 901 GO but abroad I work with the Huawei "UNLIMITED CONNECTION MANAGER" from swisscom which is just a lock-free version of the Mobile Partner.

....could you please explain to me how to reset this data counter?

Old
  (#2)
inquisitor (Offline)
Prepaid Professionist

Default 13-05-2009, 17:45

Just right-click on some value in the statistics screen and chose "reset statistics".

There's also an unbranded and unlocked version of Mobile Partner available for download from Asus: http://dlsvr.asus.com/pub/ASUS/EeePC/EeePC901/3G_.zip

terminals: Samsung: Galaxy S5 DuoS (G900FD); BLU: Win HD LTE; Nokia: 1200; Asus: Fonepad 7 ME372CG; Huawei data: E3372, Vodafone R201, K3765, E1762;
postpaid: O2 on Business XL; prepaid: DE: Aldi Talk, Lidl; UK: 3; BG: MTel, vivacom; RU: MTS; RS: MTS; UAE: du Tourist SIM; INT'L: toggle mobile
VoIP: sipgate.de (German DID); sipgate.co.uk (British DID); ukddi.com (British DID); sipcall.ch (Swiss DID); megafon.bg (Bulgarian DID); InterVoip.com

Old
  (#3)
9eor9 (Offline)
Prepaid Expert

Default Thanks - 13-05-2009, 20:58

Do you see any advantage in the use of the ASUS-driver except the list of worldwide settings? I already thougt about to uninstall it.

I found it does not recognize external modems, so I use the swisscom UCM which supports the EM770 and my external E220.

Since some days I now use Tchibo DATENPACK (what a wonderful double meaning) and I'm not yet sure how good it is.
In Bavaria around Passau wonderful, somewhere in the landscape very slow.

I found terrible threads on O2 mobile internet and here is my question:
Is there any difference in quality between O2 contracts and prepaid and TCHIBO as they have different settings anyway?

Old
  (#4)
inquisitor (Offline)
Prepaid Professionist

Default 13-05-2009, 22:50

All versions of Mobile Partner include a generic driver, which works with any Huawei USB-modem including the EM770 data card, which actually is a USB device with MiniPCIe-interface. No matter which version of Mobile Partner you install, it should work with any other Huawei USB-modem. I don't know why Mobile Partner didn't detect your E220, but on my system the Asus Mobile Partner recognizes my E169 and E180 flawlessly.

Regarding your question on Tchibo, I haven't compared performance of a Tchibo SIM to a O2 postpaid SIM, but from what I read on telefon-treff.de there is no difference. As a O2 postpaid customer I've seen very slow throughput (< 200 KBit/s) despite of HSPA-coverage, too. As you may know bandwidth is dependant on a lot of factors, e.g. the available network technology (GPRS/EDGE/UMTS/HSPA), signal strength/quality, current load on the serving cell and on the backhaul. O2 may suffer from overloads or lacking HSPA-support in some places, but they still have the best cost-benefit-ratio. Vodafone and T-Mobile don't even offer prepaid flatrates and the eplus network, which still doesn't support HSPA, is total crap.

terminals: Samsung: Galaxy S5 DuoS (G900FD); BLU: Win HD LTE; Nokia: 1200; Asus: Fonepad 7 ME372CG; Huawei data: E3372, Vodafone R201, K3765, E1762;
postpaid: O2 on Business XL; prepaid: DE: Aldi Talk, Lidl; UK: 3; BG: MTel, vivacom; RU: MTS; RS: MTS; UAE: du Tourist SIM; INT'L: toggle mobile
VoIP: sipgate.de (German DID); sipgate.co.uk (British DID); ukddi.com (British DID); sipcall.ch (Swiss DID); megafon.bg (Bulgarian DID); InterVoip.com