(#11)
teothx (Offline)
Amateur Member

Default 13-04-2007, 00:09

Quote:
Originally Posted by snidely View Post
Where will you be using it?
In USA (california), but I need a international sim card for future use

P.S. I see there are "jolt Mobile", but it work only in u.s.a....

MY PHONE:
• Nokia N95

SIM CARDS:
International: My Cherry Mobile, Oneroam, United Mobile
Italy: Vodafone, Tim, 3, Wind, CoopVoce, UnoMobile
United Kingdom: O2, Vodafone

Old
  (#12)
Effendi (Offline)
The great Dictator!
Prepaid Prophet

Default 13-04-2007, 07:21

If you need a card for the USA buy a US card, not an international one...

Working Prepaids: IT: Wind, Vodafone IT, UNO Mobile; SM: Prima; UK: 3, Virgin; INT: TravelSIM, Truphone.
Deceased Prepaids: CZ: Oskar, Eurotel; SK: Orange; DE: E-Plus, Aldi, Simyo; GE: Geocell; AM: Armentel; PL: Heyah, Plus; LT: Tele2; LV: Amigo; EE: Elisa; UA: Kyivstar; NZ: Vodafone; INT: UM, UM+, ICQSim.
GSM/3G Phones: Nokia Lumia 630 dual sim

Old
  (#13)
Bossman (Offline)
Prepaid Professionist

Default 13-04-2007, 10:08

Yep! For the USA, you are better off with a local sim rather than any of the international sims. Pretty much all the international sims have high termination rates in the US...obviously that's due the kind of phone system we have .

Quote:
Originally Posted by teothx View Post
In USA (california), but I need a international sim card for future use

P.S. I see there are "jolt Mobile", but it work only in u.s.a....

Phones: Xiaomi Mi Mix 2, Samsung Galaxy A50, ASUS zenfone 3,
Sim cards: AT&T (Contract), 3 UK, Piranha Mobile

Old
  (#14)
herve75 (Offline)
Amateur Member

Default 13-04-2007, 10:15

personaly, I just bought a 09 sim (not yet received) because its coverage is the best. I don't know if quality etc is OK ...
and I don't really care about their rates because I'll combine the use of the 09 sim with a cheap prepaid Hiboo (40cts/min to many places from the Iceland number of 09)
and validity of both is : unlimited as long as I place ONE call in 9 months

Old
  (#15)
andy (Offline)
Prepaid Prophet

Default 13-04-2007, 10:56

We realise Hiboo is your favourite, but don't call it cheap. There are callback services around half the price.

Last edited by andy; 13-04-2007 at 11:04..

Old
  (#16)
teothx (Offline)
Amateur Member

Default 13-04-2007, 11:10

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy View Post
We realise Hiboo is your favourite, but don't call it cheap. There are callback services around half the price.
Now I've visited the Hiboo mobile site, they rate USA to Italy only 0.20€

I think it's cheap...

MY PHONE:
• Nokia N95

SIM CARDS:

Old
  (#17)
snidely (Offline)
Prepaid Expert

Default 13-04-2007, 21:28

1. It doesn't pay to use any of the "Int'l" SIM cards in the U.S. Most have to charge $1.00 to $1.50/min. Prepaids here are less than 25 cents and most are under 15 cents/min.
2. Calling an Italy landline would be under 3 cents/min. on most dial up LD carriers like pingo.com and onesuite.com. To call a mobile is less than 25 cents. IOW, all you would spend to call Italy from you U.S. prepaid SIM is the airtime + 3 cents. If there were a payphone handy, you dial a toll free number (no coins needed) and pick up a dial tone, enter your PIN number and call Italy for 4 cents. (You wouldn't need to enter a PIN when calling from your cell once you set up your LD account with most all LD dial around carriers.

...mike

Make use of T-M's UMA/wifi free calling from any place in the world with access to wifi. I use an LG G6, wife an S7)
A/o Oct 20, 2013 no need for intl prepaid as T-Mobile U.S. includes voice roaming at 20¢/min (in and out)., unlimited text (in and out), and unlimited data in 140+ countries.

My Plan -[6 lines] U.S. T-Mobile unlimited minutes (incoming and outgoing), unlimited text, fast data on each line. that $145/mo. total! . (In U.S. no surcharge for calling a cell.) If a line exceeds 2G of data in a month, pay $10 more for that line. [That only happens a couple times/year.

Old
  (#18)
Przemolog (Offline)
Prepaid Guru

Default 13-04-2007, 22:41

Quote:
I think the general consensus here is that Hop is the most expensive of any of the intl. SIMS. Outgoing, at 95 cents is quite high. In fact, you can roam in many countries w. a U.S. T-Mobile or Cingular/att phone for 99 cents for outgoing.
I think you're wrong - Hop is expensive in Europe or Australia but e.g. not in USA, Cuba ot India to compare with other international SIMs. Their policy of the same rates worldwide that brings such an effect....

Quote:
When you factor in the cost of calling a Monaco mobile, incoming is about 50 cents - again higher than anybody else (intl. SIMS) in most places.
You should count the rate to Monaco mobile only if both participants of the call are using the same budget (family/business). If someone "stranger" calls you, it's his/her problem how much it costs . OK, I know that America is RPP and Europe is CPP and that's affect the way you think...

Old
  (#19)
teothx (Offline)
Amateur Member

Default 13-04-2007, 22:45

Quote:
1. It doesn't pay to use any of the "Int'l" SIM cards in the U.S. Most have to charge $1.00 to $1.50/min. Prepaids here are less than 25 cents and most are under 15 cents/min.
2. Calling an Italy landline would be under 3 cents/min. on most dial up LD carriers like pingo.com and onesuite.com. To call a mobile is less than 25 cents. IOW, all you would spend to call Italy from you U.S. prepaid SIM is the airtime + 3 cents. If there were a payphone handy, you dial a toll free number (no coins needed) and pick up a dial tone, enter your PIN number and call Italy for 4 cents. (You wouldn't need to enter a PIN when calling from your cell once you set up your LD account with most all LD dial around carriers.

...mike
I see pingo.com and onesuite.com, very good rates...and if I understand also with mobile phone....

MY PHONE:
• Nokia N95

SIM CARDS:

Old
  (#20)
snidely (Offline)
Prepaid Expert

Default 13-04-2007, 23:32

Quote:
Originally Posted by teothx View Post
I see pingo.com and onesuite.com, very good rates...and if I understand also with mobile phone....
In the U.S. you can dial any number from a cell phone that you can dial from a landline. There are numerous companies like pingo and onesuite. Another that seems to be popular on various forums is "tel3advantage.com" They almost all have the ability for you to "register" phones you will be using so you don't have to enter a PIN number. Just dial the LD carrier's number, a second later you'll hear a voice saying "please enter the number you are calling". Most of these services have allow you to enter speed dial numbers into the system so you just need to press a couple of keys. Pingo has PINless dialing but no speed dial. I use them because they have low rates to Costa Rica.
Rates to first world countries are pretty much the same no matter who you use.

...mike

Make use of T-M's UMA/wifi free calling from any place in the world with access to wifi. I use an LG G6, wife an S7)
A/o Oct 20, 2013 no need for intl prepaid as T-Mobile U.S. includes voice roaming at 20¢/min (in and out)., unlimited text (in and out), and unlimited data in 140+ countries.

My Plan -[6 lines] U.S. T-Mobile unlimited minutes (incoming and outgoing), unlimited text, fast data on each line. that $145/mo. total! . (In U.S. no surcharge for calling a cell.) If a line exceeds 2G of data in a month, pay $10 more for that line. [That only happens a couple times/year.