PrePaidGSM.net Forum (Archived)

Old
  (#1)
Matt S (Offline)

Default Please help with Voice/Data settings for Treo 680 in Italy/France - 27-07-2008, 18:17

Hello All:

I will be purchasing a Wind card in Italy and a Bouygues card in France, both with the data add-on (thanks to the Forum for helping with selecting the right products). I will send and receive a lot of emails on my unlocked Treo 680, and receive many calls.

Will I need to reset the Treo in any way in order to use the voice and data features? Or will the voice, data and email work as soon as the SIM is activated?

Thanks!

Old
  (#2)
PhotoJim (Offline)
Prepaid Expert

Default 27-07-2008, 21:36

Voice, you're fine.

Data, you should be fine. I found that my Treo 680 had the settings for each provider's Internet as I changed SIMs. I sometimes had to override the setting (from the WAP setting to the standard Internet setting) but these seemed to be preset on the SIM and didn't have to be manually edited, just selected.

I used my Treo with both O2 and Orange in the UK and had no trouble. I imagine it will be the same with Wind and Bouygues.

CA: SaskTel, Wind postpaid; Rogers, Bell postpaid iPad flex plans; US: T-Mobile postpaid data, prepaid voice; PureTalk (AT&T MVNO) prepaid voice/data; AT&T prepaid iPad plan

Hardware: Too much but notably iPhone 5, iPad Mini Retina LTE, Moto G LTE (N.A. version), iPhone 4. All unlocked.

Old
  (#3)
Matt S (Offline)

Default 27-07-2008, 23:59

Thanks Jim. Sounds great.

Just in case, how would one change the WAP settings to standard internet?

Really appreciate your advice.

Matt

Old
  (#4)
PhotoJim (Offline)
Prepaid Expert

Default 30-07-2008, 19:39

Load the Prefs app, then go to Network. It should all be there.

CA: SaskTel, Wind postpaid; Rogers, Bell postpaid iPad flex plans; US: T-Mobile postpaid data, prepaid voice; PureTalk (AT&T MVNO) prepaid voice/data; AT&T prepaid iPad plan

Hardware: Too much but notably iPhone 5, iPad Mini Retina LTE, Moto G LTE (N.A. version), iPhone 4. All unlocked.

Old
  (#5)
Effendi (Offline)
The great Dictator!
Prepaid Prophet

Default 31-07-2008, 11:48

Just in case, with Wind you just need to use "internet.wind" as APN for data, nothing else.

Working Prepaids: IT: Wind, Vodafone IT, UNO Mobile; SM: Prima; UK: 3, Virgin; INT: TravelSIM, Truphone.
Deceased Prepaids: CZ: Oskar, Eurotel; SK: Orange; DE: E-Plus, Aldi, Simyo; GE: Geocell; AM: Armentel; PL: Heyah, Plus; LT: Tele2; LV: Amigo; EE: Elisa; UA: Kyivstar; NZ: Vodafone; INT: UM, UM+, ICQSim.
GSM/3G Phones: Nokia Lumia 630 dual sim