PrePaidGSM.net Forum (Archived)

Old
  (#1)
9eor9 (Offline)
Prepaid Expert

Default Poland prepaid data - 27-05-2009, 21:26

I'm coming to Poland for two weeks and I'd like to use my laptop there for emailing and google.
On roaming this would cost me 19ct/100kb (blau.de).

Are there any better solutions known?
Which would be the best prepaid solution with a polish SIM?
Is there a SIM for both data and calls with an acceptable rate?

Old
  (#2)
Motel75 (Offline)
Prepaid Pioneer

Default 27-05-2009, 23:31

Yes, Heyah. 20 grosz per megabyte for data, 44 grosz for all mobile and landline calls within the European Union (except Play). The only drawback is you may have to go online to enable GPRS. SIMs are available for 5 zloty.

Current DE: Vodafone, Netzklub; PL: Klucz, Virgin; UK: Giffgaff, Vodafone; US: T-Mobile; CA: 7-Eleven; IT: Vodafone; UA: Kyivstar; FR: Bouygues; GR: Vodafone
Former DE: Vodafone, T-Mobile, O2, Blauworld, 01051mobile, Solomo, Lycamobile, Simyo, Congstar, Fonic, Edeka Mobile, Lidl Mobile; PL: Heyah, Era, Virgin, Sami Swoi, Orange, POP, iPlus, Carrefour Mova, Telepin Mobi, Play, Lycamobile, T-Mobile; UK: Vodafone, T-Mobile, Virgin; US: T-Mobile, AT&T, Lycamobile; CZ: Vodafone, Oskar; ES: Lebara; GR: Vodafone, Wind; UA: Vodafone; IL: Orange; TR: Turkcell

Old
  (#3)
Przemolog (Offline)
Prepaid Guru

Default 27-05-2009, 23:33

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9eor9 View Post
I'm coming to Poland for two weeks and I'd like to use my laptop there for emailing and google.
On roaming this would cost me 19ct/100kb (blau.de).

Are there any better solutions known?
Which would be the best prepaid solution with a polish SIM?
Is there a SIM for both data and calls with an acceptable rate?

As you're German and (I guess) you want to call home, I think that the best solution seems to be Heyah with Flatrate tariff (see Heyah.pl). The main features are 0.44 PLN/min for national calls (except Play network which is 0.79, 1/1 debiting) as well as the same rate to all the EU/EEA (60/60 debiting), free voice mail and data 0.02 PLN/100 kB.
1 EUR = 4.45 PLN (as of today)

In Simplus there are new 30-day data packets: 25 MB - 5 PLN, 100 MB - 10 PLN, 250 PLN - 20 PLN, 500 MB - 35 PLN and national calls are 0.29 PLN/min after activation for 1.50 PLN in the Twój Profil tariff. However, international calls are very expensive (Europe - 2PLN/min) and all you cna do is to activate up to 3 cheaper numbers (1 PLN/min + 5 PLN/month for selection, see BILLIGER INS AUSLAND)

The dedicated "data sims" (available from each operator) are not so good nowadays. Their base data rates are 0.03 PLN/100 kB and voice calls are very expensive. The special case is Play Online na Kartę which supports data and incoming SMSes only and works in 3G coverage only (Play Online - Zasi?g - violet areas on the map) but you get 1GB for 19 PLN (initial limit) and later 2 GB for 30 PLN or 4 GB for 50 PLN.

Old
  (#4)
Przemolog (Offline)
Prepaid Guru

Default 28-05-2009, 11:50

Quote:
Originally Posted by Przemolog View Post
As you're German and (I guess) you want to call home, I think that the best solution seems to be Heyah with Flatrate tariff (see Heyah.pl). The main features are 0.44 PLN/min for national calls (except Play network which is 0.79, 1/1 debiting) as well as the same rate to all the EU/EEA (60/60 debiting), free voice mail and data 0.02 PLN/100 kB.
1 EUR = 4.45 PLN (as of today)
The hottest news : Heyah Flatrate has changed today to Nowa Heyah (New Heyah). It's the same for data and international calls but national calls are now 0.29 PLN/min (Play 0.79 PLN/min) and on-net SMSes are free.

Old
  (#5)
Motel75 (Offline)
Prepaid Pioneer

Default 28-05-2009, 21:28

Yes, that's great news! I just feel a little bit bad for Play, their competitive advantage seems to have disappeared, apart from the excellent 365-day expiration.

Now that I think about it, since it's "nowa" I guess it's officially ta Heyah, not ten Heyah. Hmm.

Current DE: Vodafone, Netzklub; PL: Klucz, Virgin; UK: Giffgaff, Vodafone; US: T-Mobile; CA: 7-Eleven; IT: Vodafone; UA: Kyivstar; FR: Bouygues; GR: Vodafone
Former DE: Vodafone, T-Mobile, O2, Blauworld, 01051mobile, Solomo, Lycamobile, Simyo, Congstar, Fonic, Edeka Mobile, Lidl Mobile; PL: Heyah, Era, Virgin, Sami Swoi, Orange, POP, iPlus, Carrefour Mova, Telepin Mobi, Play, Lycamobile, T-Mobile; UK: Vodafone, T-Mobile, Virgin; US: T-Mobile, AT&T, Lycamobile; CZ: Vodafone, Oskar; ES: Lebara; GR: Vodafone, Wind; UA: Vodafone; IL: Orange; TR: Turkcell

Old
  (#6)
9eor9 (Offline)
Prepaid Expert

Default stick settings - 29-05-2009, 17:14

Thanks for all help!!!

As I do not know one word Polish, could you plesae post the internet access settings for my laptop stick or mail a link?

Is there in Poland an address required, do I need my passport, can I buy SIMs as a foreign citizen?

Old
  (#7)
Przemolog (Offline)
Prepaid Guru

Default 30-05-2009, 00:30

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9eor9 View Post
Thanks for all help!!!

As I do not know one word Polish, could you plesae post the internet access settings for my laptop stick or mail a link?

Is there in Poland an address required, do I need my passport, can I buy SIMs as a foreign citizen?

You choose Heyah, don't you?

APN: heyah.pl
User: Heyah.pl (on www there's Heyah.pl with uppercase H, but it may be a mistake)
Password: heyah

You can also get settings by sending a free SMS with content GPRS to 80123 or via the website (Skonfiguruj Mobilny Internet w swoim telefonie - Konfiguracja - Mobilny Internet - Heyah.pl)
on the botton of the page select
Producent - phone maker
Model - phone model
Numer tel. - your phone number (9 digits, without +4

In both cases you must have a Heyah SIM in order to receive an SMS.

Happily, no documents (not yet ) are required to buy a prepaid SIM in Poland. You buy it just like a payphone chip card or scratch calling card.

Old
  (#8)
ms93 (Offline)
Official Member

Default 30-05-2009, 09:02

Quote:
User: Heyah.pl (on www there's Heyah.pl with uppercase H, but it may be a mistake)
Password: heyah
I think this user is a big mistake. I use only "heyah" in daily use and it works. Also configuration SMS from their website contains user "heyah".
So:
user: heyah
pass: heyah

Old
  (#9)
9eor9 (Offline)
Prepaid Expert

Default 30-05-2009, 17:10

Thanks a lot!

Btw: Also in Austria there are no documents or addresses required.
Just buy and call.

Old
  (#10)
9eor9 (Offline)
Prepaid Expert

Default still a question.... - 01-06-2009, 23:10

Which number has to be dialed?